Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Complex Update - Player Input Requested!

Add some progression skins for guns that aren’t rewards!

PKers have the ability to grab themselves a gold BAR & Minigun once they reach 75000 kills which is something to look forward to while progressing towards the reward guns, (P2K & PSG-1), there is also a diamond skin for these guns that players can obtain later on.

Sparrers can only unlock gold and diamond skins for the Vector & M4A3, both of which are rewards. I believe there should be a gold skin that is available to obtain whilst progressing towards the Vector and also a diamond skin, that is available later on in the sparring journey, for two guns widely regarded to as “sparring guns”.

The obvious choices for the guns that should have these progression skins would be the M4 and Ghost M4, the only issue I see is that we already have the Gold M4 as an auction gun.

Let me know what you think!

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaez View Post

PKers have the ability to grab themselves a gold BAR & Minigun once they reach 75000 kills which is something to look forward to while progressing towards the reward guns, (P2K & PSG-1), there is also a diamond skin for these guns that players can obtain later on.

Sparrers can only unlock gold and diamond skins for the Vector & M4A3, both of which are rewards. I believe there should be a gold skin that is available to obtain whilst progressing towards the Vector and also a diamond skin, that is available later on in the sparring journey, for two guns widely regarded to as “sparring guns”.

The obvious choices for the guns that should have these progression skins would be the M4 and Ghost M4, the only issue I see is that we already have the Gold M4 as an auction gun.

Let me know what you think!
    This will be considered.

Hey, finally, a post I can actually chime in on! I think the Complex is so underrated even if it's a focal point of the competitive part of Era. It's gone so long without a revamp, without an upgrade -- it's long overdue. Here's my thoughts. Junz, you know my qualifications: they're nonexistent, I've just been playing forever. I also worked on the PC Era complex update. We got some cool tiles if you want 'em. (I'm not staff there, but they can pry my tiles from my cold, dead hands. They're sick.)

First things first: tileset.
    I feel like the Spar Complex is by far one of the most dated-looking buildings in the game, which doesn't make sense, as it's one of the more popular and has been for years. I know there are some supremely gifted designers and LATs on the roster who could update it. Even just making new wood tiles/wall tiles over the existing ones would be a huge quality of life update. Not only that, but just adding a staircase instead of that clunky *** elevator would do wonders for the feeling.

Second: rooms.
    There's five right now, 2 of which I don't think I've ever legitimately seen anyone use (1 and Ping). I'd suggest making Big Spar (1) a little smaller, as most matches just end in people across the arena. I also think that introducing the "Floor" command from PC to switch the floor's tiles to all-black would be such a good addition. Add a focus NPC in every room, running to Dusk at the entrance is tiresome. Either that or add the /f command from the Multiplex. Also, that whole underbelly with the Practice Spar is wildly useless. I think the only reason they're still active is because of the Butterfly Knife NPC.

Third: a second measure of skill.
    Right now, you can get a few guns through simply grinding out wins -- but I think it'd be really dope if you could get rewards for also having a good ratio. PC Era did the spar score thing well.

(The formula is Win = +3, Loss = -2)

For example: Requill Irion has a 17,021 spar score. He has 13,413 wins and 11,609 losses. Right next door to him is Rush Divine, with a 17,695 spar score, but 9,019 wins and 4,681 losses. Rush didn't have to grind the extra 4,000 wins to get a score as good as him because he loses far less. It rewards players who improve and don't just trade wins and losses. It encourages people to legitimately improve. I'd also make the case that it also encourages people to boost, but there's more on that later.

Now fourth: Rewards piggybacking off of that.
    There's a Vector, an M4A3 and an MP5 right now. That's tight, but I feel like there should be a little more going on there. Add an HK417 at 7,500 wins that has an M4-like feel with unique sparrer skins per spar score. If you got to 7,500 wins and you're in the negative, you get the regular gunmetal skin. If you're at 7,500 wins and you're at like 3,000 losses, make it a shiny gold. Regardless, I feel the entire path to M4A3 Diamond should be lined with more weapons for players to purchase. Sparring is in a pretty good place right now balance-wise (ignoring egregious offenders like the BAR, which can't be fixed) and throwing new things into the meta to shake up the scene would be welcomed by all.

Fifth: recognition!
    Add a statue for the person doing the best that week! Most wins, most score and most spars played. Give people reason to grind above and beyond. Right now, the recognition for being the best on any given week is hidden behind like 3 menus and a really, really buggy leaderboard. (More on that: why does it only pull your stats if you've sparred recently? Like 8 of the 10 top sparrers of all-time have completely quit and they're not on the history books, man. That's wack.) Also, the statues in the second floor showing "#1 through #5 PKers" are probably still wildly inaccurate? You should make them auto-update off a leaderboard. Those are such a cool idea done really poorly.

Sixth: Gang Spar!
    Boy, if you pull this one off, it'll be a miracle. This is basically a glorified "let's see who can shoot more bullets" room and I don't see how you could fix that. The only way to even make it slightly competitive would be to require both teams to have the same amount of players. Also, maybe change the room so not everyone is stuffed into a 4-tile-tall corridor talking over each other. Make a big ol' reception area. Iunno. This one's always been a gimmick, I wouldn't even bother changing it.

And lastly, of course, the "M4 Only" room.
    I think this one's a great idea in theory, but it forces people to pay $20 to play in it. ($10 = $27,500 ingame = $55,000 M4)

I'm not sure how developmentally feasible it is, but I've always thought of a "Spar VIP" subscription that allows weapons to be maxed and speed to be maxed for $5,000, not $7,500 a month. No item like a Tzek or a Bunny Mount, but it would allow you to have a temporary spar-only copy of the Weapon of the Month. You use it in that room. Everyone gets the same gun, it changes dynamically to allow for players to have a more level playing field, etc.

Alternatively, maybe introduce challenges for sparring sort-of like that Metal Storm PK challenge from a couple weeks ago. Get 500 spar wins using the M4 and get a free skin over a week. Just things to incentivize people to play differently, because right now, nothing other than the $80 paywall stops you from going into Spar 3 with a BAR and just running it. There's been such a powercreep in terms of spar-viable weapons that just giving people a level playing field--whether that be with a Tachi Scorpion or an M4-- would be such a breath of fresh air.

oh and minor edit yeah give people skins for non-reward weapons: the M4 is an obvious one, ghost M4's another good one a lot of people use, you know better than me etc
    Lucky enough to have known the best players to ever log in.

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by M7 Capone View Post
    1-What about to add a different hat or the player make hat for himself and the requirements should be hard like 100k Spar W or 1M kills,
    2-add something special for old players so it’s can be fair, there players hit 50k W spar since 2015 or 500k Kills and therr players got 50k at 2020 it’s not fair to give both of them same rewards
    3-Make a new system for spar stats so you can choose which stats u want get back after you reset your spar stats more then time that’s for sparrers who got reset by other players and who got reset by illegal reason like boosting etc they can’t use the new system and i’m sure that’s will help a lot to bring back old sparrers cuz most of them got reset by players and quit game,
    4-Add 3rd floor for the oldest sparrers and new rewards 100k Spar-1M kills, 75k spar+500k kills
    5-new unique melee and requirements 100k Spar+7500k kills this melee should be so strong and need skills to be professional with it
    6-More skins for P2K-Mp5a5 etc especially M4A3
    7-make new system for spar-pk guns add on ,i mean like M4 add on.like a laser or bigger clip
    8-solo tournaments 1v1 and hoster choose which gun will enable like only M4 or Sten and there will be rewards like a hat or trophy
    9-LMS Room host every 5-6 hours and only 20-30 player can join and winner get money or spar coins so he can buy add on for spar-pk guns
    In the end i want say good luck to junz and all the developers.
    1. Currently I don't want to add additional maintenance work for staff (e.g. in this case, reviewing custom graphics for edits), not a bad idea though
    2. As I mentioned before, additional rewards are likely to be added; in most cases players with already high stats would have an advantage
    3. Spar stat loss is most likely as consequence of account sharing; account sharing is at the player's own risk so it's unlikely we'll put a system in place like this
    4. New spar rewards are likely to be added (including higher requirement rewards)
    5. New melees will be considered. I've got a couple cool ideas for unique mafia-themed melees with useful abilities.
    6. For sure - new skins are on the list
    7. Not considering this currently, as it's not directly related to spar complex, but maybe in future
    8. Something like that would be cool for sure, however is not currently on the to-do list
    9. Auto-hosted events like that would be great, I'll consider something like this.

Thanks for the suggestions

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sequel View Post
    Hey, finally, a post I can actually chime in on! I think the Complex is so underrated even if it's a focal point of the competitive part of Era. It's gone so long without a revamp, without an upgrade -- it's long overdue. Here's my thoughts. Junz, you know my qualifications: they're nonexistent, I've just been playing forever. I also worked on the PC Era complex update. We got some cool tiles if you want 'em. (I'm not staff there, but they can pry my tiles from my cold, dead hands. They're sick.)

First things first: tileset.
    I feel like the Spar Complex is by far one of the most dated-looking buildings in the game, which doesn't make sense, as it's one of the more popular and has been for years. I know there are some supremely gifted designers and LATs on the roster who could update it. Even just making new wood tiles/wall tiles over the existing ones would be a huge quality of life update. Not only that, but just adding a staircase instead of that clunky *** elevator would do wonders for the feeling.

Second: rooms.
    There's five right now, 2 of which I don't think I've ever legitimately seen anyone use (1 and Ping). I'd suggest making Big Spar (1) a little smaller, as most matches just end in people across the arena. I also think that introducing the "Floor" command from PC to switch the floor's tiles to all-black would be such a good addition. Add a focus NPC in every room, running to Dusk at the entrance is tiresome. Either that or add the /f command from the Multiplex. Also, that whole underbelly with the Practice Spar is wildly useless. I think the only reason they're still active is because of the Butterfly Knife NPC.

Third: a second measure of skill.
    Right now, you can get a few guns through simply grinding out wins -- but I think it'd be really dope if you could get rewards for also having a good ratio. PC Era did the spar score thing well.

(The formula is Win = +3, Loss = -2)

For example: Requill Irion has a 17,021 spar score. He has 13,413 wins and 11,609 losses. Right next door to him is Rush Divine, with a 17,695 spar score, but 9,019 wins and 4,681 losses. Rush didn't have to grind the extra 4,000 wins to get a score as good as him because he loses far less. It rewards players who improve and don't just trade wins and losses. It encourages people to legitimately improve. I'd also make the case that it also encourages people to boost, but there's more on that later.

Now fourth: Rewards piggybacking off of that.
    There's a Vector, an M4A3 and an MP5 right now. That's tight, but I feel like there should be a little more going on there. Add an HK417 at 7,500 wins that has an M4-like feel with unique sparrer skins per spar score. If you got to 7,500 wins and you're in the negative, you get the regular gunmetal skin. If you're at 7,500 wins and you're at like 3,000 losses, make it a shiny gold. Regardless, I feel the entire path to M4A3 Diamond should be lined with more weapons for players to purchase. Sparring is in a pretty good place right now balance-wise (ignoring egregious offenders like the BAR, which can't be fixed) and throwing new things into the meta to shake up the scene would be welcomed by all.

Fifth: recognition!
    Add a statue for the person doing the best that week! Most wins, most score and most spars played. Give people reason to grind above and beyond. Right now, the recognition for being the best on any given week is hidden behind like 3 menus and a really, really buggy leaderboard. (More on that: why does it only pull your stats if you've sparred recently? Like 8 of the 10 top sparrers of all-time have completely quit and they're not on the history books, man. That's wack.) Also, the statues in the second floor showing "#1 through #5 PKers" are probably still wildly inaccurate? You should make them auto-update off a leaderboard. Those are such a cool idea done really poorly.

Sixth: Gang Spar!
    Boy, if you pull this one off, it'll be a miracle. This is basically a glorified "let's see who can shoot more bullets" room and I don't see how you could fix that. The only way to even make it slightly competitive would be to require both teams to have the same amount of players. Also, maybe change the room so not everyone is stuffed into a 4-tile-tall corridor talking over each other. Make a big ol' reception area. Iunno. This one's always been a gimmick, I wouldn't even bother changing it.

And lastly, of course, the "M4 Only" room.
    I think this one's a great idea in theory, but it forces people to pay $20 to play in it. ($10 = $27,500 ingame = $55,000 M4)

I'm not sure how developmentally feasible it is, but I've always thought of a "Spar VIP" subscription that allows weapons to be maxed and speed to be maxed for $5,000, not $7,500 a month. No item like a Tzek or a Bunny Mount, but it would allow you to have a temporary spar-only copy of the Weapon of the Month. You use it in that room. Everyone gets the same gun, it changes dynamically to allow for players to have a more level playing field, etc.

Alternatively, maybe introduce challenges for sparring sort-of like that Metal Storm PK challenge from a couple weeks ago. Get 500 spar wins using the M4 and get a free skin over a week. Just things to incentivize people to play differently, because right now, nothing other than the $80 paywall stops you from going into Spar 3 with a BAR and just running it. There's been such a powercreep in terms of spar-viable weapons that just giving people a level playing field--whether that be with a Tachi Scorpion or an M4-- would be such a breath of fresh air.

oh and minor edit yeah give people skins for non-reward weapons: the M4 is an obvious one, ghost M4's another good one a lot of people use, you know better than me etc
    Tileset: New tileset is already complete, it is 1920's mafia themed and it looks fantastic. I have yet to start on reworking the levels but I'll post some updates on that in future.

Rooms: I've used room 1 quite a bit - personally I really like the larger rooms as they emphasise dodging over rushing. Unsure if that's just me, but it's my favourite room personally.

A measure of skill: This is already one of the things I had planned, however I didn't realise it was at thing on PC already. I'm glad you agree that this is a good idea.

Rewards: For sure - rewards tied to skill points would be awesome, and again is something I am highly considering.

Recognition: Again, good idea, this is something I can look into implementing and I like the concept as it is based on objective values rather than opinion.

Gang Spar: I'll try my best!

M4 only room: I honestly wouldn't mind just adding a temporary m4 to both sides, without any gralat payment. My main focus is on player retention / player-base growth.

Very good suggestions overall, thanks for your input!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    I’m already expecting limited skins or guns

- - - Updated - - -

If u gonna add rewards for reaching high streaks or some point system, set a ping limit for all rooms like over 1k ping (or whatever ping makes u teleport) u get kicked cus that aint average ping, so then they dont abuse lag on purpose n ruin our work
    Limited skins are possible for sure, limited guns are unlikely but not completely off the table.
    I'll look into reworking the ping system for this update also.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaez View Post

Cool idea! Skins are quite likely; a skin progression system for 'common' guns would be neat for sure.

Multiplex used to have Gang TTS, if theres anyway to have that fixed and put it into complex together with modes like Capture the flag and make it have its own sort of event system for sparring gangs. These could be hosted by staff like events or be like a weekly/monthly thing.

Add showdays rooms inside these rooms Skins for pk-spar guns 100 showdays -300showdays-500-600 to 3k or more,it’s will help a lot to make players active everyday.
    Last edited by M7 Capone; 02-28-2021 at 10:48 AM.

M4 skin suggestion

Since the M4 is a pretty popular spar gun I figured it’ll only be nice to give it a RUBY red stone OG M4 skin look, just because we already have a Gold m4 in the game. I feel we all would enjoy the RUBY skin.

There should be rooms for people where people get VIP benefits without having VIP (speed boost, perfect gun shape). This will help newbies get more interested in spar without having to actually having to buy VIP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an idea for the ‘reset my spar scores’ system. I don’t know if you’d ever update it. Instead of saying ‘reset my spar scores’, the spar score reset would send you an email that you would have to manually push to reset your spar score. Similar to revoke, or accessing request links.

Howdy I always thought it would be cool to fight indoors on like a set, having the advantage of cover to make it a bit more interesting. This could be like a kitchen and dining room or maybe a parking lot where there are random cars. Since you bring the topic of the gangster theme, you could work in the elements of the bootleggers where they would meet in random spots and drop their items off to be sold. A lot can be done, movie sets random small little details that make it look alive but is actually a spar. Real world examples of this would be Paint Ball they often times use cover to their advantage. I hope this comment stands out from the rest, and you take my suggestion into consideration. Cheers.
    ~~Howdy Gamers~~

-I make some gfx stuffs-

add me if you are a cool cat...if not that's cool too :c

DrøpDëad#0001