Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Work Permits

This is not such a great idea..
    If this is implemented it will push new players away. Despite you saying that EC are easily obtainable, it is the new players who do not know how to earn them. The older players (who are typically the macro users on either their main or new account) will have no problem getting them quickly through achievements or events, as they've had a lot more experience. Not being able to do most jobs, on top of new players not being able to enter bases, trade tables, events, etc, right when they start limits what they can do a lot.
    Really not that great if you have to jump so many hurdles before you can even start playing the game.
    my discord is xiv#2549

Quote Originally Posted by Xiang IV View Post
    This is not such a great idea..
    If this is implemented it will push new players away. Despite you saying that EC are easily obtainable, it is the new players who do not know how to earn them. The older players (who are typically the macro users on either their main or new account) will have no problem getting them quickly through achievements or events, as they've had a lot more experience. Not being able to do most jobs, on top of new players not being able to enter bases, trade tables, events, etc, right when they start limits what they can do a lot.
    Really not that great if you have to jump so many hurdles before you can even start playing the game.
    "1. The work permit is to be given to everyone for free the first time. It shall have no expiry date. (Even if macroers make alts they can't transfer to their main unless their main purchases another permit at a higher ec cost of say, 20ec)"
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    "1. The work permit is to be given to everyone for free the first time. It shall have no expiry date. (Even if macroers make alts they can't transfer to their main unless their main purchases another permit at a higher ec cost of say, 20ec)"
    Sorry, my mistake.

Would macro users not just make new accounts so that their main does not get banned? I am sure a lot of them already do this. A smarter penalty would be to reset their level, where applicable, or reset their stats so that they cannot obtain special hats that come with certain milestones. Additionally, reset the money/sellable made. Do they already do this? I am not sure...
    my discord is xiv#2549

Sorry, my mistake.

Would macro users not just make new accounts so that their main does not get banned? I am sure a lot of them already do this. A smarter penalty would be to reset their level, where applicable, or reset their stats so that they cannot obtain special hats that come with certain milestones. Additionally, reset the money/sellable made. Do they already do this? I am not sure...
    I'm pretty sure they already do that.

The thing is, if we made owning the permit a requirement to trade, making alts would not work as both parties need a permit to trade.

If the main account lost the permit due to macro, the alt account would not be able to transfer the sellables to the main account even though the alt account has a permit.

Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    I'm pretty sure they already do that.

The thing is, if we made owning the permit a requirement to trade, making alts would not work as both parties need a permit to trade.

If the main account lost the permit due to macro, the alt account would not be able to transfer the sellables to the main account even though the alt account has a permit.
    I just think that the best way to handle macro users is the way that iKai suggested.
    my discord is xiv#2549

I just think that the best way to handle macro users is the way that iKai suggested.
    The auto detection system has its flaws, it could jail people wrongly. This permit idea is a completely different idea which can be implemented together with the auto detection system - if, of course, they could obtain a reliable detection system.