Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Work Permits

Angry Work Permits

I would like to better communicate this idea of Work Permits in game.

The work permit is intended to reduce macro users.

Here is what I suggest:
    1. The work permit is to be given to everyone for free the first time. It shall have no expiry date. (Even if macroers make alts they can't transfer to their main unless their main purchases another permit at a higher ec cost of say, 20ec)

2. With the work permit, players can work in jobs that have been known to have macroers. These jobs are flower, shelling, mining,fishing and grapes.

3. Other jobs can still be done without the permit.

4. If a player is caught using macro, he/she shall have the permit revoked and would have to purchase a replacement permit at a higher EC cost , in addition to other penalties such as jail time.

5.The work permit should be required to trade. Both parties must have a work permit to trade. This is so that macroers who make alts shall not be able to transfer their sellables to their main account. This work permit can also help reduce trade scams as it could be revoked if a player scams.

A common feedback brought out by players is that this makes it harder for new players to get started with working. This is not necessarily true because new players can easily obtain ECs through the simple achievements and Free ECs. New players should also be made to purchase the permit so that macroers who are using alt accounts will have a harder time to conduct their vices.

Reducing macro is key to ensuring a fair gameplay for all. Limited items should be purchased by people who have worked for it rather than people who macroed.

I hope admins can seriously consider adding this.

#AddTheWorkPermits
    Last edited by LYK08; 04-11-2021 at 03:15 AM.
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

Sounds interesting and slightly annoying to deal with.

Really just posting here for the secret achievement.

Well, your idea is interesting. What I would change about that idea though is to give everyone permits for free, so no backlash can happen to anyone. After that, any infractions on the rules related to the jobs will get them to lost that permit. Moreover, a new permit can now be more expensive since the first ones were given for free.
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpw...0H1UeXH37nBBCA

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyaudi1 View Post
    Well, your idea is interesting. What I would change about that idea though is to give everyone permits for free, so no backlash can happen to anyone. After that, any infractions on the rules related to the jobs will get them to lost that permit. Moreover, a new permit can now be more expensive since the first ones were given for free.
    jailed macroers who lost their permits can make alts tho...

Quote Originally Posted by jod View Post
    Sounds interesting and slightly annoying to deal with.

Really just posting here for the secret achievement.
    Pretty sure you can't get the achievement anymore, on a side note its a cool idea but seems like something that will just be by passed because people can just make new alts and get a few achievements for some ec especially for the main macroers right now which are diggers.
    Retired Ol West Gfx Team

Have Any Graal Related Questions? Ask me
    2010-2021

Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    jailed macroers who lost their permits can make alts tho...
    in that case, some jobs that can be abused by macro should be "unlocked" once said player reaches a number of hours, a low amount but high enough to make the "macroers" annoyed by it, maybe 24 hours. trash and mushroom picking and other random spawn related jobs can be available immediately but other jobs can have some sort of minimum hours limit.
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpw...0H1UeXH37nBBCA

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyaudi1 View Post
    in that case, some jobs that can be abused by macro should be "unlocked" once said player reaches a number of hours, a low amount but high enough to make the "macroers" annoyed by it, maybe 24 hours. trash and mushroom picking and other random spawn related jobs can be available immediately but other jobs can have some sort of minimum hours limit.
    That's a great idea!

I'd integrate an Auto Detection System. Many Macroers (Mostly Pizza and Digging Macroers) use the same Macro. An Auto Detection would detect the same movement which would end with a warning/jail, although the movement has to be exact so innocent people don't get in trouble.
    I was here! - Kai*

you have to be the most delusional player on these forums, you just want to add taxes and restrictions to a VIDEO GAME. you are stating players will need to earn 20 EC just to be able to dig for shells or pick flowers, there are other ways to catch and stop macro-ers, and this isn't it.

you want people to play the game, not jump in and realize its impossible to earn money without grinding 20EC which could take a whole year if you never win an event, do you seriously think any of your ideas are good / helpful? these will never be implemented.
    iEra Player Relations
    Feel free to PM me any concerns/questions.

Quote Originally Posted by wzrd View Post
    you have to be the most delusional player on these forums, you just want to add taxes and restrictions to a VIDEO GAME. you are stating players will need to earn 20 EC just to be able to dig for shells or pick flowers, there are other ways to catch and stop macro-ers, and this isn't it.

you want people to play the game, not jump in and realize its impossible to earn money without grinding 20EC which could take a whole year if you never win an event, do you seriously think any of your ideas are good / helpful? these will never be implemented.

Well coming from a player relations, this is worrying. You are trying to make it easier for those who macroed to re-obtain a permit so they could macro again.

As mentioned, it starts of as free unless the player macros. His/her permit will then be revoked and would have to be bought again at a higher cost. So if they don't want to suffer, then don't macro. Simple.

The point is to discourage macroing, not to make it easier for people who macroed to get another go at macroing.

Also, if you've understood the first post you would have realised the 20ec is for people who macroed, not for everyone. Don't bother commenting if you haven't understood the post.