Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Work Permits

This is not such a great idea..
    If this is implemented it will push new players away. Despite you saying that EC are easily obtainable, it is the new players who do not know how to earn them. The older players (who are typically the macro users on either their main or new account) will have no problem getting them quickly through achievements or events, as they've had a lot more experience. Not being able to do most jobs, on top of new players not being able to enter bases, trade tables, events, etc, right when they start limits what they can do a lot.
    Really not that great if you have to jump so many hurdles before you can even start playing the game.
    my discord is xiv#4433

Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    Well coming from a player relations, this is worrying. You are trying to make it easier for those who macroed to re-obtain a permit so they could macro again.

As mentioned, it starts of as free unless the player macros. His/her permit will then be revoked and would have to be bought again at a higher cost. So if they don't want to suffer, then don't macro. Simple.

The point is to discourage macroing, not to make it easier for people who macroed to get another go at macroing.

Also, if you've understood the first post you would have realised the 20ec is for people who macroed, not for everyone. Don't bother commenting if you haven't understood the post.
    im an ex PR, just don't come on here much to voice my opinion as i dont play anymore. i play era pc.

tldr; your dumb and your opinions are bad, you are clearly young and don't understand how to run a game to have FUN. what would the serious point in tax be in a video game man? you need to grow up
    iEra Player Relations
    Feel free to PM me any concerns/questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiang IV View Post
    This is not such a great idea..
    If this is implemented it will push new players away. Despite you saying that EC are easily obtainable, it is the new players who do not know how to earn them. The older players (who are typically the macro users on either their main or new account) will have no problem getting them quickly through achievements or events, as they've had a lot more experience. Not being able to do most jobs, on top of new players not being able to enter bases, trade tables, events, etc, right when they start limits what they can do a lot.
    Really not that great if you have to jump so many hurdles before you can even start playing the game.
    "1. The work permit is to be given to everyone for free the first time. It shall have no expiry date. (Even if macroers make alts they can't transfer to their main unless their main purchases another permit at a higher ec cost of say, 20ec)"
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    "1. The work permit is to be given to everyone for free the first time. It shall have no expiry date. (Even if macroers make alts they can't transfer to their main unless their main purchases another permit at a higher ec cost of say, 20ec)"
    Sorry, my mistake.

Would macro users not just make new accounts so that their main does not get banned? I am sure a lot of them already do this. A smarter penalty would be to reset their level, where applicable, or reset their stats so that they cannot obtain special hats that come with certain milestones. Additionally, reset the money/sellable made. Do they already do this? I am not sure...
    my discord is xiv#4433