Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: GraalTube Headquarters

GraalTube Headquarters

I think it'd be kinda neat to have a building primarily for GraalTubers, something like YouTube Headquarters but like you know..GraalTube.
    There could be tools that'd help content creators like green screen rooms or even sets and they could also pay tribute with statues for all the GraalTubers such as MrLondonuts, The Graal Moves, Permore, and more players who are out there creating content/will be creating content for iEra.
    This could open doors for players that come across this building and decide to become content creators themselves which could also bring more publicity to iEra.

Its also crazy seeing MrLondonuts (who is a GraalTuber) gathering 20k subscribers and 2 million views purely off of just iEra videos. GIVE THIS MAN A STATUE

edit: i forgot they had that billboard thingy infront of the car dealership. still a pretty neat idea tho
    Last edited by x7xixi; 05-07-2021 at 05:51 AM.

Related to Players
    I could see this idea coming into fruition if it weren't for the fact that iEra content creators have seen a significant drop in relevance over the past five years. Most content made on the game nowadays is built off of quickly made reviews and playthrough videos. (think of people such as Mistik, Mshaks, M7 Capone, Polo, etc.) GraalOnline, as a whole, doesn't really have a demand for highly edited machinimas. This can be seen with channels like MrLondonuts and Hailey Hart, who have basically stopped making videos of the game in its entirety.

I still think the iEra YouTubers still deserve some recognition in some form. People like Joey Audi, Arizona, basically anyone in the YouTube Gang. They did a lot in terms of making the game more enjoyable and welcoming for new players.
    Watch Mr. Robot on Prime Video.

Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    I could see this idea coming into fruition if it weren't for the fact that iEra content creators have seen a significant drop in relevance over the past five years. Most content made on the game nowadays is built off of quickly made reviews and playthrough videos. (think of people such as Mistik, Mshaks, M7 Capone, Polo, etc.) GraalOnline, as a whole, doesn't really have a demand for highly edited machinimas. This can be seen with channels like MrLondonuts and Hailey Hart, who have basically stopped making videos of the game in its entirety.

I still think the iEra YouTubers still deserve some recognition in some form. People like Joey Audi, Arizona, basically anyone in the YouTube Gang. They did a lot in terms of making the game more enjoyable and welcoming for new players.
    I see where you're coming from but this could also deal with the iEra content creator relevancy drop. This concept would motivate players to get into content creation as they'd see these sets along with the statues of past content creators.

Graal staff should get the community more involved in different activities too rather than just hosting events constantly. Would be interesting to see some type of Graal Grammy's being hosted at the Theatre with silly new rewards.

Related to Players
    Quote Originally Posted by x7xixi View Post
    I see where you're coming from but this could also deal with the iEra content creator relevancy drop. This concept would motivate players to get into content creation as they'd see these sets along with the statues of past content creators.

Graal staff should get the community more involved in different activities too rather than just hosting events constantly. Would be interesting to see some type of Graal Grammy's being hosted at the Theatre with silly new rewards.
    I mean, it could deal with the drop of YouTubers making videos on Graal, however I don't see that happening. Graal Era's YouTube field is in a very weird state.

Every time a new creator comes onto the scene, they last a few months before fading into obscurity once more.

Providing the tools may help, sure, but at that point it just becomes a matter of "are people going to use this to their fullest, or regurgitate the same video ideas?"

Still a fun idea, just worried about how the community would utilize it.

... also uh, not to be "that guy" but do you mean the Graal Oscars? The Grammys are for music.

I mean, it could deal with the drop of YouTubers making videos on Graal, however I don't see that happening. Graal Era's YouTube field is in a very weird state.

Every time a new creator comes onto the scene, they last a few months before fading into obscurity once more.

Providing the tools may help, sure, but at that point it just becomes a matter of "are people going to use this to their fullest, or regurgitate the same video ideas?"

Still a fun idea, just worried about how the community would utilize it.

... also uh, not to be "that guy" but do you mean the Graal Oscars? The Grammys are for music.
    LOL I didn't realise I said Grammys, I don't watch these shows at all.
    But yeah the Oscars, I think it'd be interesting to do a twitch livestream and having different categories being showcased like Best Reviewer, Best Story, Best Cinematography, and having all of this on a live stage at the Era Theatre.
    I feel like a lot of players would tune in to see this, and it would establish more communication between iEra staff and its community.

Also.. I feel like the reason for creators leaving the scene is due to the lack of recognition they get.
    Some content creators on here do amazing videos but don't get recognized at all with the hard work they put in their videos so they just lose motivation. This would at least make them feel more recognized in the community for the work they do.
    Also the set thing would be really helpful, green screen sets and all that would allow for more visual creativity. (I'm pretty sure they had one in the past in the Uploads House inside PJ's Playground but they removed it for some reason)

My input on this is that it's not as rewarding as you might think to make Graal videos while there's a bigger audience somewhere else. My experience of stopping the content was simply because it took me a while to make a Graal animated music video for it to receive a copyright strike and gets shut down, which made me unmotivated to give more effort. In addition to that it's quite hard to record videos in graal factoring random players walking around, gassing your scene, screaming text once they know you're recording, so you're basically forced to record in your house/gang house. PJ's playground did offer a wonderful greenscreen but the place was very limited in terms of equipment, if we had the theatre as a greenscreen/props/lighting it would've been easier. I think it was removed due to the unfairness of the YouTube gang having access to it while others can't enter it, which is fair, but then again there's the gang bases special rooms for special gangs.
    Having some sort of Oscars events is nice, but don't you need more content first?
    If I had the power I would hire a Marketing Team in which their purpose is to oversee and help content creators, a lot of games have those "Roles" or "Rank" where when a specific criteria is met, they may join "YouTuber" rank in which they gain something. For Graal's case, I'd say maybe access to that greenscreen location and control over furnitures there etc...
    Since a newspaper team has been established to share news and stories, I don't think it would be that of an issue to have the same system for content creators via application and interview and videos, views, and follower count.

What do you guys think?
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpw...0H1UeXH37nBBCA

Related to Players
    Quote Originally Posted by x7xixi View Post
    LOL I didn't realise I said Grammys, I don't watch these shows at all.
    But yeah the Oscars, I think it'd be interesting to do a twitch livestream and having different categories being showcased like Best Reviewer, Best Story, Best Cinematography, and having all of this on a live stage at the Era Theatre.
    I feel like a lot of players would tune in to see this, and it would establish more communication between iEra staff and its community.

Also.. I feel like the reason for creators leaving the scene is due to the lack of recognition they get.
    Some content creators on here do amazing videos but don't get recognized at all with the hard work they put in their videos so they just lose motivation. This would at least make them feel more recognized in the community for the work they do.
    Also the set thing would be really helpful, green screen sets and all that would allow for more visual creativity. (I'm pretty sure they had one in the past in the Uploads House inside PJ's Playground but they removed it for some reason)

You'd be surprised on how fast GraalOnline channels grow. When I took a break from playing Era, it was very evident that YouTubers were amassing huge fandoms by making skits and reviews. I have watched channels such as iDarnell and Mistik Graal go from advertising in Start to managing their own audience outside of the game. It's nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyaudi1 View Post
    My input on this is that it's not as rewarding as you might think to make Graal videos while there's a bigger audience somewhere else. My experience of stopping the content was simply because it took me a while to make a Graal animated music video for it to receive a copyright strike and gets shut down, which made me unmotivated to give more effort. In addition to that it's quite hard to record videos in graal factoring random players walking around, gassing your scene, screaming text once they know you're recording, so you're basically forced to record in your house/gang house. PJ's playground did offer a wonderful greenscreen but the place was very limited in terms of equipment, if we had the theatre as a greenscreen/props/lighting it would've been easier. I think it was removed due to the unfairness of the YouTube gang having access to it while others can't enter it, which is fair, but then again there's the gang bases special rooms for special gangs.
    Having some sort of Oscars events is nice, but don't you need more content first?
    If I had the power I would hire a Marketing Team in which their purpose is to oversee and help content creators, a lot of games have those "Roles" or "Rank" where when a specific criteria is met, they may join "YouTuber" rank in which they gain something. For Graal's case, I'd say maybe access to that greenscreen location and control over furnitures there etc...
    Since a newspaper team has been established to share news and stories, I don't think it would be that of an issue to have the same system for content creators via application and interview and videos, views, and follower count.

What do you guys think?
    I think that'd be pretty redundant. That's kind of what the gang system is for. YouTube gang is full, and I'm not sure if Londonuts is up for recruiting new members. During 2019, I saw a bunch of players attempting to start "film crews," which was a neat idea.

They'd all come together and bounce ideas off of eachother for content. In general though, a YouTube rank would really only encourage low tier, borderline spam-type content. I can see it being abused in the same vain that basing and reward hats are farmed. I don't think staff should get involved in spreading content, but rather helping players create it.

You'd be surprised on how fast GraalOnline channels grow. When I took a break from playing Era, it was very evident that YouTubers were amassing huge fandoms by making skits and reviews. I have watched channels such as iDarnell and Mistik Graal go from advertising in Start to managing their own audience outside of the game. It's nuts.

I think that'd be pretty redundant. That's kind of what the gang system is for. YouTube gang is full, and I'm not sure if Londonuts is up for recruiting new members. During 2019, I saw a bunch of players attempting to start "film crews," which was a neat idea.

They'd all come together and bounce ideas off of eachother for content. In general though, a YouTube rank would really only encourage low tier, borderline spam-type content. I can see it being abused in the same vain that basing and reward hats are farmed. I don't think staff should get involved in spreading content, but rather helping players create it.
    That’s true, good point. In that case it shouldn’t be limited to a gang, maybe a creative studio accessible for everyone (just like houses) or better yet, it can be a house model where all of those controls are present. In addition to that the equipment can be sold in a furniture shop such a lights, weather machines, green wall, smoke machine, mob dispenser and types of props… that way anyone can help out without encouraging a tier over another.
    Last edited by Joeyaudi1; 05-12-2021 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Unacceptable grammatical error
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpw...0H1UeXH37nBBCA

That’s true, good point. In that case it shouldn’t be limited to a gang, maybe a creative studio accessible for everyone (just like houses) or better yet, it can be a house model where all of those controls are present. In addition to that the equipment can be sold in a furniture shop such a lights, weather machines, green wall, smoke machine, mob dispenser and types of pros… that way anyone can help out without encouraging a tier over another.
    I LOVE THIS IDEA!! I could definitely seeing equipment and house-models being sold and modified to the fullest for videos.

Related to Players

GraalTube Headquarters

That’s true, good point. In that case it shouldn’t be limited to a gang, maybe a creative studio accessible for everyone (just like houses) or better yet, it can be a house model where all of those controls are present. In addition to that the equipment can be sold in a furniture shop such a lights, weather machines, green wall, smoke machine, mob dispenser and types of props… that way anyone can help out without encouraging a tier over another.
    This is a really great idea. Sell props for content creation that you can use in the house, along with items that can be used for props (a $5 weapon replica that does no damage, or something.)

One more thing we need is an accessible map. We need one that can benefit content creation without sacrificing core gameplay elements. I see what they're trying to do in regards to making less and less of the map PK-able, however isn't really the way to go about things. Maybe if we can get more customizable furniture that would allow players to build their own stores and whatnot in their own house; that way people aren't stuck to creating the same 4 videos on the same 6 sets (also without interruption from other, edgy players.)
    Last edited by Vance; 05-12-2021 at 05:40 PM. Reason: grammatical mistake.