Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: GraalOnline Warfare

GraalOnline Warfare

So me and Kamiroo made a game idea and I wanted to know what you guys thought of it. He will be posting later on as we put on the finishing touches
    Careful that you don't blink; that's reason for me to shoot.

I'm sick of being everyones guard dog...

Happier, gratefully. Kamiroo Wolf's Avatar
    That we did . It looked tine to me btw :P. It was Sencarn' s idea to make a turn based strategized pvp game much like the XCOM games and I couldn't have done it without him so without further ado. Why not bring turn based pvp to the Graal Community? This game requires real strategy to help you crush opponents and rise to the top! I introduce to you: GraalOnline Warfare!

Storyline: War has broken out in the world of Graal due to a rip in reality. It's every man, beast, or being for himself! People scramble to form Packs and fight! Will you use your power correctly and rise to the top or get topped by some of the greatest opponents around?!

Gameplay: players are to create a Pack and use units in pvp against other players and their Packs. Players start out with 20 basic units. Units are monsters that you use to fight for you and can be obtained through purchase or winning events! Players command units through tile movements and turn based pvp. Players who fight well and succeed in fights gain graalats and Glory that helps them rise to the top. Players who need improvement and lose will lose graalats and lose Glory, which puts them lower on the ladder. Units have types, classes, and moves they can use to fight like the Green Noob unit( human type, assault class, starter sword(melee), bow(ranged)!

Tutorial: Your new Pack has been challenged to a fight that you can't refuse! Your taught how to move your units from tile to tile(Unit control, how to make them perform actions such as attack, shoot, or duck for cover(action). Suddenly you players are bombed and need healing(medic unit controls). After the fight you are taken to the shop(teaches you where to go to buy new units). Now your on your way to becoming the top Pack leader! Here's 10 more units for completing the tutorial.

Units: The heart and soul of GraalOnline Warfare. Units are AI that you control and use to fight for you. By turn based pvp we don't mean Final Fantasy, we mean XCOM or other strategy games that require you to move your unit to a tile, select his actions, and let your opponent move. It's actually hard for me to explain. Basically you control your own squad of fighters! Some units can even evolve. Each unit has a different type, class, and set of actions. An example of gameplay would be:

My selected units start out at my starting zone> I click my knight(for example)> click on the tile I want him to move to and he moves>he is now behind cover so I press the "take cover button" and my knights defense is increased depending on the type of cover.

Or something like that. Anyway, I mentioned that units are unique with different types and classes and actions:
    TYPES:
    Human- the human type is the most basic unit type and usually is common. Humans offer normal type attacks like shoot or slice. Example: Green Noob(classic noob), 50hp, classic sword(7 dmg ranged), bow(9 damage ranged), human type, ??? Class.
    Monster- the monster type is more...powerful. Monsters offer a wide variety of attacks.
    Example: Werewolf, 100hp, claws(9 dmg melee), Howl(Increases claw damage by 2 for 2 turns), monster type, ??? Class.
    Undead- the undead type uses more necromancy style moves.
    Example: Zombie, 75 hp, bite(6 melee damage with 10% chance to poison), undead type, ??? Class.
    Machine- the machine class uses a wide variety of attacks!
    Example: HeMech, 200hp, Jetpack(fly to any tile on map), rocket(20 damage ranged, machine type, ??? Class.
    CLASSES:
    Assault- usually uses upfront attacks and such!
    Medic- they heal other units while mainly using pistols!
    Support- ;these helpful units provide useful buffs for other units!
    Heavy- the big guy that can deal lots of damage and wreck!
    ???- means that the class is unknown.
    Sniper- uses long range weapons that can hit from a distance!
    Basic- a normal unit with standard uses.
    ACTIONS: actions are moves that units can perform during battle. Some units can duck for cover and shoot while some can only duck some can't duck but provide great cover fire for example.
    More unit stuff: Units have different rarities, stats, and costs as well as classifications! Units are bought as cards that you can use on the field.
    RARITY:
    Common(white)- units are very common
    Uncommon(green)- units aren't very common
    Rare(blue)- Unit is a rare unit!
    Epic(red)- Unit is an epic unit and should be handled with care!
    Legendary(Gold orange)- This unit is very rare and very epic...Why...it's legendary!!!
    When a unit dies it is simply thrown into your grave for good UNLESS you use a revive on it...but revives are expensive so...

The market: In the market you can by New units or sell old ones for money! Money plays a big part in the game as it is used to keep your units sharp and equipped. You can also go to the Trade section where you can trade units
    SHOP:
    In the shop of the market you can buy brand new units or items! You can buy multiple amounts of units or just one. There is even pack purchase system that will give you 5 random units. depending on the quality of the pack you purchase. The qualities are Standard pack, Silver Pack, and Gold pack! Standard with the worst and Gold with the best units. Items are used to benefit your units in battle or customize your Pack.
    SELL:
    Here you can sell units or items. Rarer units or items sell for more while more of the basic units tend so sell for less.
    TRADE CENTER:
    Here you can trade units that are tradeable. To trade you just click on another person in the traderoom>choose Trade or pm(trade in this case)> show cards> accept/deny Trade> congratulations!.

Packs and the Ladder: Packs are formed bed or the tutorial even starts. Players create and name their packs so they can gain a spot on the ladder. The ladder is the ranking system for Packs. The top Pack at the end of every month receives a reward and then the ladder is reset! There is a separate ladder that is never reset and will always have the top players on it. Players gain or lose Glory Packs are the gang/group system in Warfare.

Pvp: GraalOnline Warfare is mainly a pvp style game. There are many battle types the player can fight in such as:
    Player vs Com- player fights against a computer that controls units.
    Practice mode- train your units and see their new capabilities in this practice mode against dummies!
    1v1- player vs player! Each player gets a full turn to move and use all units. You can skip your turn if you want too btw.
    2v2- You and a friend vs 2 other players! Your friend controls half of the units while you work the other half! It's the same on the other side!
    Pack-In this mode you can only use up to 6 units but each player on your team controls one unit! One for me,Jerry, Bob, and etc.
    Conquest(1v1 or 2v2)- Players must capture a base and hold it for a certain amount of time to win! Once the base is taken the game restarts or ends.

When using shooting or ranged moves there isn't a need to aim. Instead accuracy is based on how far from the target you are or how visible the target is. For example, having a Military Sniper unit on a roof looking down on a simple noob unit gives the military sniper 95% chance to hit his target. The higher the chance to hit a target, the better your attacks accuracy.
    When using a melee weapon it is required that your unit be close to the target. Unlike a ranged attack a melee hit always has a 100% chance of hitting.
    Each game you are limited to only using 6 units so choose WISELY on who you want to fight for your Pack. The game is, at the end of the day, a strategy game and how you play will greatly affect your experience.
    Some actions taken by a unit takes up a turn. For instance; shooting will end a turn but running wont. Some units have the ability to run and shoot while other can only run and take cover. It's all up to how the Pack leaders want to use their characters.

Titan PVP: Every year there will be a Titan tournament between the best of the best. Around the time of the tourney Admins will monitor pvp matches and nominate participants for the competition. The type of tournament can either be a 1v1 tourney, 2v2 tourney, or conquest of either. Players who win will receive a special unit and some revive unit cards.

Additional content:
    Players can add friends, challenge other Pack leaders, and form allies/bonds that mean the two Packs cannot fight eachother for money...Just fun and glory.
    Some units can be customized whether it be by color, weaponry, or upgrades.
    Player Relations admins are pretty much useless staff and won't be needed. If a player is hacking just report them and any regular admins will handle it...No need for free loaders.
    Admins can host event games for common or uncommon units and items.
    Last edited by Kamiroo Wolf; 05-19-2014 at 09:25 PM.
    "'An old friend of ours dared me to try and play God...' Mak craned his neck, the advisors and guardsmen in his wake suddenly alert at their charge's blatant discontent.

He stood with a confidence we had never known him to possess, the bright orange trim of his ivory sleeves dangling so far from the scrawny arms folded behind his back that we thought the robe adorning his body might blow away completely in the winds that whipped around us.

'Little did they know I was born for the role.'"

Street Boss
    Haha, I find this funny solely because I worked on a server called Warfare.
    But I like this entire concept.

Happier, gratefully. Kamiroo Wolf's Avatar
    lol, thanks Peter. What was your server Warfare about?
    "'An old friend of ours dared me to try and play God...' Mak craned his neck, the advisors and guardsmen in his wake suddenly alert at their charge's blatant discontent.

He stood with a confidence we had never known him to possess, the bright orange trim of his ivory sleeves dangling so far from the scrawny arms folded behind his back that we thought the robe adorning his body might blow away completely in the winds that whipped around us.

'Little did they know I was born for the role.'"

Street Boss
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamiroo Wolf View Post
    lol, thanks Peter. What was your server Warfare about?
    Organized civil warfare. I guess you could say a much more intense/realistic version of Era. Similar to your guys' idea.

I like the title "Warfare" lol it reminds me of Call of Duty xD.
    Need Help? or Questions?
    Just Ask me and I will give the answer right away
    Want to skype with me? wolverine_graal
    ~Gani Artist

Development Team
    O.o For a whole new game?
    Open spoiler to see Selena Gomez eating paper

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Kamiroo Wolf View Post
    That we did . It looked tine to me btw :P. It was Sencarn' s idea to make a turn based strategized pvp game much like the XCOM games and I couldn't have done it without him so without further ado. Why not bring turn based pvp to the Graal Community? This game requires real strategy to help you crush opponents and rise to the top! I introduce to you: GraalOnline Warfare!

Storyline: War has broken out in the world of Graal due to a rip in reality. It's every man, beast, or being for himself! People scramble to form Packs and fight! Will you use your power correctly and rise to the top or get topped by some of the greatest opponents around?!

Gameplay: players are to create a Pack and use units in pvp against other players and their Packs. Players start out with 20 basic units. Units are monsters that you use to fight for you and can be obtained through purchase or winning events! Players command units through tile movements and turn based pvp. Players who fight well and succeed in fights gain graalats and Glory that helps them rise to the top. Players who need improvement and lose will lose graalats and lose Glory, which puts them lower on the ladder. Units have types, classes, and moves they can use to fight like the Green Noob unit( human type, assault class, starter sword(melee), bow(ranged)!

Tutorial: Your new Pack has been challenged to a fight that you can't refuse! Your taught how to move your units from tile to tile(Unit control, how to make them perform actions such as attack, shoot, or duck for cover(action). Suddenly you players are bombed and need healing(medic unit controls). After the fight you are taken to the shop(teaches you where to go to buy new units). Now your on your way to becoming the top Pack leader! Here's 10 more units for completing the tutorial.

Units: The heart and soul of GraalOnline Warfare. Units are AI that you control and use to fight for you. By turn based pvp we don't mean Final Fantasy, we mean XCOM or other strategy games that require you to move your unit to a tile, select his actions, and let your opponent move. It's actually hard for me to explain. Basically you control your own squad of fighters! Some units can even evolve. Each unit has a different type, class, and set of actions. An example of gameplay would be:

My selected units start out at my starting zone> I click my knight(for example)> click on the tile I want him to move to and he moves>he is now behind cover so I press the "take cover button" and my knights defense is increased depending on the type of cover.

Or something like that. Anyway, I mentioned that units are unique with different types and classes and actions:
    TYPES:
    Human- the human type is the most basic unit type and usually is common. Humans offer normal type attacks like shoot or slice. Example: Green Noob(classic noob), 50hp, classic sword(7 dmg ranged), bow(9 damage ranged), human type, ??? Class.
    Monster- the monster type is more...powerful. Monsters offer a wide variety of attacks.
    Example: Werewolf, 100hp, claws(9 dmg melee), Howl(Increases claw damage by 2 for 2 turns), monster type, ??? Class.
    Undead- the undead type uses more necromancy style moves.
    Example: Zombie, 75 hp, bite(6 melee damage with 10% chance to poison), undead type, ??? Class.
    Machine- the machine class uses a wide variety of attacks!
    Example: HeMech, 200hp, Jetpack(fly to any tile on map), rocket(20 damage ranged, machine type, ??? Class.
    CLASSES:
    Assault- usually uses upfront attacks and such!
    Medic- they heal other units while mainly using pistols!
    Support- ;these helpful units provide useful buffs for other units!
    Heavy- the big guy that can deal lots of damage and wreck!
    ???- means that the class is unknown.
    Sniper- uses long range weapons that can hit from a distance!
    Basic- a normal unit with standard uses.
    ACTIONS: actions are moves that units can perform during battle. Some units can duck for cover and shoot while some can only duck some can't duck but provide great cover fire for example.
    More unit stuff: Units have different rarities, stats, and costs as well as classifications! Units are bought as cards that you can use on the field.
    RARITY:
    Common(white)- units are very common
    Uncommon(green)- units aren't very common
    Rare(blue)- Unit is a rare unit!
    Epic(red)- Unit is an epic unit and should be handled with care!
    Legendary(Gold orange)- This unit is very rare and very epic...Why...it's legendary!!!
    When a unit dies it is simply thrown into your grave for good UNLESS you use a revive on it...but revives are expensive so...

The market: In the market you can by New units or sell old ones for money! Money plays a big part in the game as it is used to keep your units sharp and equipped. You can also go to the Trade section where you can trade units
    SHOP:
    In the shop of the market you can buy brand new units or items! You can buy multiple amounts of units or just one. There is even pack purchase system that will give you 5 random units. depending on the quality of the pack you purchase. The qualities are Standard pack, Silver Pack, and Gold pack! Standard with the worst and Gold with the best units. Items are used to benefit your units in battle or customize your Pack.
    SELL:
    Here you can sell units or items. Rarer units or items sell for more while more of the basic units tend so sell for less.
    TRADE CENTER:
    Here you can trade units that are tradeable. To trade you just click on another person in the traderoom>choose Trade or pm(trade in this case)> show cards> accept/deny Trade> congratulations!.

Packs and the Ladder: Packs are formed bed or the tutorial even starts. Players create and name their packs so they can gain a spot on the ladder. The ladder is the ranking system for Packs. The top Pack at the end of every month receives a reward and then the ladder is reset! There is a separate ladder that is never reset and will always have the top players on it. Players gain or lose Glory Packs are the gang/group system in Warfare.

Pvp: GraalOnline Warfare is mainly a pvp style game. There are many battle types the player can fight in such as:
    Player vs Com- player fights against a computer that controls units.
    Practice mode- train your units and see their new capabilities in this practice mode against dummies!
    1v1- player vs player! Each player gets a full turn to move and use all units. You can skip your turn if you want too btw.
    2v2- You and a friend vs 2 other players! Your friend controls half of the units while you work the other half! It's the same on the other side!
    Pack-In this mode you can only use up to 6 units but each player on your team controls one unit! One for me,Jerry, Bob, and etc.
    Conquest(1v1 or 2v2)- Players must capture a base and hold it for a certain amount of time to win! Once the base is taken the game restarts or ends.

When using shooting or ranged moves there isn't a need to aim. Instead accuracy is based on how far from the target you are or how visible the target is. For example, having a Military Sniper unit on a roof looking down on a simple noob unit gives the military sniper 95% chance to hit his target. The higher the chance to hit a target, the better your attacks accuracy.
    When using a melee weapon it is required that your unit be close to the target. Unlike a ranged attack a melee hit always has a 100% chance of hitting.
    Each game you are limited to only using 6 units so choose WISELY on who you want to fight for your Pack. The game is, at the end of the day, a strategy game and how you play will greatly affect your experience.
    Some actions taken by a unit takes up a turn. For instance; shooting will end a turn but running wont. Some units have the ability to run and shoot while other can only run and take cover. It's all up to how the Pack leaders want to use their characters.

Titan PVP: Every year there will be a Titan tournament between the best of the best. Around the time of the tourney Admins will monitor pvp matches and nominate participants for the competition. The type of tournament can either be a 1v1 tourney, 2v2 tourney, or conquest of either. Players who win will receive a special unit and some revive unit cards.

Additional content:
    Players can add friends, challenge other Pack leaders, and form allies/bonds that mean the two Packs cannot fight eachother for money...Just fun and glory.
    Some units can be customized whether it be by color, weaponry, or upgrades.
    Player Relations admins are pretty much useless staff and won't be needed. If a player is hacking just report them and any regular admins will handle it...No need for free loaders.
    Admins can host event games for common or uncommon units and items.
    You should rent a server and make this, that would be incredibly fun !

Development Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    I'd help >:]
    Open spoiler to see Selena Gomez eating paper

Spoiler

Street Boss
    Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    If only it were that simple.