Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Swear filter still isn't great

Exclamation Swear filter still isn't great

I've been playing Graal for the better part of a decade and the Mobile servers still have the swear system all wrong (save for Ol' west).
    The issue has always been discussed by the playerbase, yet the dev response has mostly been to ignore it and add more filtered words (Most likely to keep the game's "10+, 13+" rating).
    Thing is, most people who have played this game for a long time, let's say 4-5 years (The loyal audience that the current dev team is clearly trying to appeal to, what with hi lvl PvP being a major focus in recent months!) are likely over 18 at this point, so giving those players the option to disable the filter would be appreciated.

The ideal system in place would be a strict filter by default, with the option for a moderate and no filter. This is what Era PC has had for years.
    Some words relating to the LGBT are still actively censored even if tremendous strides were made in societal acceptance in the west. I know "Gay" used to be a common insult but its pejorative use has largely gone down in popularity since the early 2010s. A lot of words should be included in the strict filter but this is too much - when the censor impedes on basic conversation about non-insulting LGBT topics you know there's a problem.

Moreover, a certain trend has emerged in the past couple years based on the censorship of some words the Global Moderation team doesn't want you to use. Ignoring the Streissand effect this causes, paradoxically alerting more people of the existence of these words and their notoriety.
    I'm sure you can think of a few, mostly the names of developers and rival games. Obviously Graal is a closed-source, for profit project administrated by unixmad, so whatever he wants to do with it is his deal - but this amount of corrupt historical revisionism combined with universal chat logging should make everyone suspicious. And up to recently - the word "Discord" was banned because the platform was used as an alternative channel to talk about Graal, and most of the 'bad egg' developers would agglomerate there, or kik.

Anyways share your thoughts on the existing swear filter, maybe we can make a change that'll improve things somewhat.

Click here for my Levels Thread

Join the fun on Era-go.com today

bump
    I read.. that’s it

This game needs an option for swear filter to be disabled. But not for racial slurs etc. just let us use the f word or s word without fear of getting a vulgarity jail or gag.

Doesn’t make sense when eras swear filter is garbage while it’s rated a 12+ game on App Store whereas olwest who has a great system has a 9+ rating

Quote Originally Posted by hohi416 View Post
    This game needs an option for swear filter to be disabled. But not for racial slurs etc. just let us use the f word or s word without fear of getting a vulgarity jail or gag.

Doesn’t make sense when eras swear filter is garbage while it’s rated a 12+ game on App Store whereas olwest who has a great system has a 9+ rating
    West does have a great filter system, in fact I recall seeing less swearing for some reason on that server. Not sure as to the reason.
    Do or do not; there is no try

bump
    I read.. that’s it

I didn't know of the discrepancy between the store ratings for Era and West, curious.

There needs to be an option for absolutely no filter, but if certain words offend you the option to filter specific terms should be implemented.

Click here for my Levels Thread

Join the fun on Era-go.com today

Yea IKR. When I speak in my language, for some words its like (Sorry, No Advertising) I cannot even speak to my friends that way LOL
    --------------------------------
    | YOUTUBE: AsianPog |
    --------------------------------

bump
    I read.. that’s it

Bump

Also find it really funny how I can say the word "scrotum" in-game

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    The one and only

LEPTO

feel free to pm me

Special thanks to Froz for making my avatar

I love writing a long *** paragraph explaining something in a PM only to get "sorry no advertising"