Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Items Script

Soldier

Items Script

Hello Graalians,
    I'm creating an item system, so I would like to know if my following method would be secure, if there is another better way to do it,...

So to create it, I would like to use a database where I'll have two tables
    -Items (itemId, itemName, itemImage, itemDescription, itemPrice, itemWeapon)
    -PlayerItems(playersId, itemId, itemNumbers)

Then I'll create an Inventory and get all items and their numbers in the Inventory of the player.

Is it a good idea? It could be better and more secure?

Thanks for your answers,
    Joe.

It works.

Make sure you have this.trigger("update",""); on your DB so the variables will stay even when server will be restarted.
    -Johnaudi

Soldier
    Okay, but is there another way to do it?
    Because it seems heavy for the server to me, cause it will takes a row for each items or each player :/ so if there is much players and much items, it will be really heavy in database?

Joe do u like ely
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Okay, but is there another way to do it?
    Because it seems heavy for the server to me, cause it will takes a row for each items or each player :/ so if there is much players and much items, it will be really heavy in database?
    On iOS servers, we store the items in .clientr variables, which I highly dislike.
    -Johnaudi

Soldier
    It's highly recommanded to store everything in database: items, money, ... ? (I saw that on certain server they keep their items params into text files :/ Is it better to use DB or files for Items params like id, weapon, price, img, desc,...)
    I saw that in certain scripts Items Information (id, price, weapon,...) are stored into DB Npc, but whats the difference between DB Npc and a SQL DB?

Also do you know where how to modify the showstat window? Or if I make a new one, do you know where are stored the info like name, country, kills,... and how to get them?
    Last edited by Joe; 03-12-2014 at 02:04 PM.

It's highly recommanded to store everything in database: items, money, ... ? (I saw that on certain server they keep their items params into text files :/ Is it better to use DB or files for Items params like id, weapon, price, img, desc,...)
    I saw that in certain scripts Items Information (id, price, weapon,...) are stored into DB Npc, but whats the difference between DB Npc and a SQL DB?

Also do you know where how to modify the showstat window? Or if I make a new one, do you know where are stored the info like name, country, kills,... and how to get them?
    Country/Name/Email are player specific, it's preferable to use client/clientr flags on that.
    -Johnaudi

Soldier
    Okay but where I can find a wiki of all clientr variable or a tuto about clientr flags (and flags are stored into files? so I thought it wasn't recommanded to use clientr for data :/)
    Also why clientr variables aren't very secure, because some server use it so Idk what I should do :/ ?
    Last edited by Joe; 03-12-2014 at 06:11 PM.

I'd recommend leveraging the information in sql.

If done properly, you could do character slots (multiple inventories, one user account, different characters).

Okay but where I can find a wiki of all clientr variable or a tuto about clientr flags (and flags are stored into files? so I thought it wasn't recommanded to use clientr for data :/)
    Also why clientr variables aren't very secure, because some server use it so Idk what I should do :/ ?
    player.clientr.johnisawesome = "hi";

If you know what I mean -- clientr variables can only be written in serverside, and only be READ in clientside (this way hackers would fail at changing the variable dynamically)
    -Johnaudi