Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 100k Sniper or PBP

100k Sniper or PBP

The guns are similar in price, i was wonder which one i should get?
    Im going to be using them for both spar and pk.
    This will prob be my last "guns" post.

Banned
    Pbp doesn't really fit in sparring well but for underground, there's hit timer so it's easily a pay2win.
    The sniper is rather slow but deals more damage. 12 i suppose. It has medium freeze and low recoil.
    Pbp is spamming gun:P easy to spam but takes 1.5secs to reload

Next time try the "Ask a weapons expert" section

But anyways, I think it depends on what you will be doing more of. Pbp for PK and sniper for spar if it's your only choice.
    hi

There has been some weapon updates recently so the following information could be false. Follow it at your own risk.

Let's start off with the infamous PBP. A popular weapon choice for pkers. Hit timer system is what made this weapon more popular among pkers and a few sparrers. Is it still effective today? It's yet to be determined. It's probably not as effective as it used to be. With the removal of hit timer in bases and now in sparring, what's left with PBP is pking in the overworld. The overworld's hit timer could be changed. Don't expect to rely only on the PBP for overworld pking. With the PBP shotgun, deals insane damage at point blank range. It's freeze rate is what holds back it's potential. This of course balances out the shotgun. PBP boasts being possibly one of the most powerful shotguns in era or the most powerful. PBP can prove to be an excellent finisher weapon if the enemy's health is low enough. PBP is a great secondary weapon. Paired with the fact that it's a right handed gun. PBP might not be a primary weapon anymore, but it's still a viable secondary weapon. While it's easy to use in the overworld pking, it's usefulness is restricted in bases and in sparring. A great use of PBP is dealing that burst damage in one blast. Useful as a last resort attack if an enemy is rushing you. PBP in spar is not common and not as effective as it used to be before. With it's huge freeze rate, the difficulty of using the shotgun has been increased, now that the hit timer isn't there to save your life. It is recommended to use another weapon if you're not good with large freeze rate guns.

Now the sniper rifle. An uncommon gun that is hard to determine it's usefulness. Now this info could be false but the sniper rifle has the ability to shoot through very thick walls. No other guns can do this. Granting you near invincibility when shooting through thick walls while the enemy cannot. Why is this info possibly false? The recent nerf of the L96A1 (aka the 10k sniper rifle) shared this ability to shoot through very thick walls. This is no longer possible with the L96 sniper rifle. It's barrel range is treated as a standard rifle and can shoot through thick walls but not very thick walls. Had this been affected to the 100k sniper rifle? We've yet to see. If anyone would like to test and confirm if this is possible, please post if the 100k sniper rifle can shoot through very thick walls. (The very thick wall is horizontal and is about 3 "squares" wide. The standard thick wall is about 2 squares)

So the sniper rifle isn't as slow as an m3 shotgun yet comes fairly close to a PBP. While it has some freeze, it's rate of fire is surprisingly decent for a sniper rifle. Noting that it's a semi auto sniper. It has a clip size of 5 and remains as a 5 shot kill on an enemy with full health. A shared trait with this sniper rifle is that it's good at harassing the enemy's hp. This is great in bases. Dealing that high damage bullet to enemies will wear down their health. Then your team mates will finish them off, having that the enemy's health was worn down. It's a decent support weapon. As a primary, it's rather tricky to use. Unless you're skilled with fairly long freeze rate guns, the sniper rifle is going to be difficult in a sparring scenario. If the sniper rifle isn't as good as killing an enemy quickly, it's very effective in lowering the enemy's health to dangerous levels and even finishing off some enemies. Both PBP and Sniper Rifle have their shared traits. PBP is great at lowering the enemy's health at close range and the sniper rifle is more effective at long range. Mainly that the sniper rifle shoots through doors or thin hall ways. The sniper's rate of fire is fairly close to a shotgun. If the sniper rifle still has it's unique ability to shoot through very thick walls. It's the reason you would get it.
    BabyGhost

Currently in college. Retired from era.

Guns Reviewer

Yea ghost it cant shoot through very thick walls can you do something about it?
    #makeBabyGhostGunsAdmin

Banned
    I disagree with ghost on the ranges, if you have not noticed, the pbp is incredibly hard to dodge at long range and with eras screwed up stacked damage, the odds are you're going to deal 8+ damage, unlike the dsr which is easy to dodge at long range. Snipers can not shoot through thick walls anymore so they are absolutely pointless. Also, the dsr is much better at dealing more damage fast as the PBP sure, deals 16 damage, but its not a guaranteed 16 damage unlike the dsr that's a guaranteed 12 damage. I find the pbp only good for long range and finishing off foes.

If you ask me what gun to get, my awnser is neither. Get a shipkia. Best gun in the 100-125K range in bases

ugh i hate my shipka even though i got all my guns from events lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettoicedtea View Post
    I disagree with ghost on the ranges, if you have not noticed, the pbp is incredibly hard to dodge at long range and with eras screwed up stacked damage, the odds are you're going to deal 8+ damage, unlike the dsr which is easy to dodge at long range. Snipers can not shoot through thick walls anymore so they are absolutely pointless. Also, the dsr is much better at dealing more damage fast as the PBP sure, deals 16 damage, but its not a guaranteed 16 damage unlike the dsr that's a guaranteed 12 damage. I find the pbp only good for long range and finishing off foes.

If you ask me what gun to get, my awnser is neither. Get a shipkia. Best gun in the 100-125K range in bases
    I mentioned when sniping at thin hall ways and door ways. In an open room, the sniper would be bad at long range. Use a shotgun from far away when shooting through thin paths or doorways, the bullets may collide against the wall. Slightly lowering the damage.
    BabyGhost

Guns Reviewer

Can you do something about the dsr not being able to shoot through walls?

Quote Originally Posted by iSightMagus View Post
    Can you do something about the dsr not being able to shoot through walls?
    No. Sorry. That's up to the guns admins. I am not a guns admin. Just someone who loves guns.
    BabyGhost

Guns Reviewer