Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wth is this?

Wow what a holla

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Harper View Post
    Considering scamming is legal I don't see how this is relevant. The point is, that specific gang has recieved two of the same gang reward because of it being renamed and changing hands then gaining like 30h. I'm sure it's not all that hard to keep track of the history of that gang as well, considering there are logs. Imo this is complete favoritism.
    I'm not 100% sure on how logs can be checked for specific things, but I don't think that it's an easy task in this situation. By letting the chain continue, staff now has to keep track of who has it when, when they change the name, etc. Hypothetically, if that gang trades hands 20+ times between now and the next month, who gets the job of verifying the logs? And how does staff ensure the job was done right? In hindsight, scamming is the primary reason for this course of action was not the best argument. But scamming is the vehicle which will cause the gang to change hands a ridiculous number of times. By giving a hat, staff saves themselves time and work that would be used checking what can build up into an infinite number of logs. I'll agree that it's not the best way to solve this, but it's practical enough.

Quote Originally Posted by General Wang View Post
    I'm not 100% sure on how logs can be checked for specific things, but I don't think that it's an easy task in this situation. By letting the chain continue, staff now has to keep track of who has it when, when they change the name, etc. Hypothetically, if that gang trades hands 20+ times between now and the next month, who gets the job of verifying the logs? And how does staff ensure the job was done right? In hindsight, scamming is the primary reason for this course of action was not the best argument. But scamming is the vehicle which will cause the gang to change hands a ridiculous number of times. By giving a hat, staff saves themselves time and work that would be used checking what can build up into an infinite number of logs. I'll agree that it's not the best way to solve this, but it's practical enough.
    I'm sure it couldn't possibly be all that hard to check them although I do see where you're coming from. Considering it's common knowlage that the gang has already recieved a gang hat and even regular players can keep track I don't think logs are even necessary. The point is they recieved a gang reward for buying a gang that's already recieved that reward which isn't morally right imo and should be reversed.

Check out Warfare 2D on the AppStore
    http://warfare2d.com

Knuckles your saying you worked hard for the gang yet you sold it at 1980 hours for a Champlain, it's not even about the favoritism so don't even consider that an option. I agree with wang 100% .
    I love helping and answering questions, so just shoot me a message if any helps needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Weird View Post
    Knuckles your saying you worked hard for the gang yet you sold it at 1980 hours for a Champlain, it's not even about the favoritism so don't even consider that an option. I agree with wang 100% .
    I bought the gang at 1,960 hours, I worked hard for two other gangs that in total received 1,600 hours. I bought KoH for a zanmato and Slasher bought it from me for a Chaplain and he knew the gang wasn't going to receive the hat. It's all about the favoritism, i guarnty you if you would've sold Koh to slasher and him to me. I would not get a hat and that'll be the end of everything

Quote Originally Posted by General Wang View Post
    I wouldn't quite call this total favoritism. I think it's more of a crackdown on scamming with gang hours. I know slasher bought the gang with the idea that he'd get a hat. But after yogy pointed out that knights of honor already had a hat, the assumption was that slasher wouldn't get one and that he paid for nothing. So his best course of action was to sell it to someone by tricking them into thinking that they'd get a hat, who in this case, would be Weird. My assumption from here is that staff didn't want to deal with the issue of that one gang switching hands over and over through scamming, so they decided to give Weird the hat. Furthermore, it's nearly impossible to keep track of gang names changes and handoffs, so the best idea was to stop the chain early. Knuckles, as to why you were denied the hat in the first place, I don't know. That shouldn't have happened if they foresaw this turn of events. I think this is what Star is trying to touch on, so this is more or less of an explanation.

In a nutshell, this isn't predominately favoritism, it also serves a way to stop potential scams with that gang. I think that it just so happened that Weird was the link in the chain that made staff decide to change their mind on the hat.
    Actually i wanted the hat but slasher wanted the rares more ;(
    Yogy Nelo (Navy)

Navy Founder, Graphics Artist, That One Guy With 3 Lightsabers, 2011-2016

Big Cheese
    In my case, if I were the manager and I realize what happens to the gang. I end up giving the privilege to the leader to get the hat. Considering that the scam is legal, not a bad idea. This will stop several people from being stolen their rares. Only a hat that would not have an end. I have the hat, and yes, it is unfair to you, but the decision was not mine. It was from snk.