Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: eden's Trading Guide!

Quote Originally Posted by thalia_vandenbroek View Post
    So if my math is right, you're saying $50=$4?
    >Super Bump<

It is that way because of a Popular Demand type of deal. The most accepted form of trade currency is tro.

Where as shovels can't be sold, they aren't exactly desired either. BUT. when you get into selling purely shovels. You get into a win-win situation. Shovels are pretty easy to get as "crumbs" and after you save about 200 of them you profit 100 tro. The person you sell the shovels too probably intends to actually use them. Resulting in them needing more. But with these types of people that's a good thing because they will keep paying you that 100 tro for shovels. It works the same way drug dealing works. Don't use your own product. (Shovels) and establish returning buyers. Later on you can sell that person something of higher value. Such as a bee dagger because they can afford it and might want one. And that's where you start getting enough tro to buy and sell more bee daggers. An item that's price won't change within the next few hours. Selling for just 100 tro or even 50 tro higher than normal and buying for its normal price. You will get small gains and eventually be moving onto something new like the stun. After a while you just rinse and repeat till you are ready to move forward. (Able to afford at least 2 of the item you are buying) this way. You can say you are ready selling AND buying said item. Two times the amount of people will start messaging you and you are in business.
    They want to see you do good.
    But never better than them.

Remember that.

Lightbulb

I don't think people try to trade for an item's original value. I often see shovels going for 1.5 shells each. Just because a shovel costs $50 Gralats doesn't mean someone will want to pay 10 shells for it.
    The community creates the economy. I have traded for and obtained a Crimson Blade, currently valued at about 2000 shells ($6000 gralats if trochus), but its original price was $18,000 Gralats.