Thread: Guide: How to name a Thread!

Guide: How to name a Thread!

Hi, today I'm going to show you how to name a thread properly as I have seen some horrible thread names whilst scrolling through the forum.

Come up with a title that shows what you are discussing in the thread:

A title is supposed to reflect on what the topic you are going to discuss in the thread, thread names like "help", "bug" or something along those lines are not ideal as we do not know what you are talking about just from the title, try "Help with ----" or "A bug where you die when entering start" (just examples), by doing this it will help prevent double threads as it makes it easier for other people to use the search bar and find you're thread.

Some examples of thread names that could be improved by following this point:

http://www.era-go.com/forum/showthre...8457#post48457 (this is bad because reading the thread title you would think it's an introduction thread which it isn't, a better one would be "Hiring for my Game").

Keep it simple and to the point:

A title should be a simple and one sentence long that's to the point. Don't make your title have most of the things you will be discussing in the thread.

Proof read your title:

Nothing makes the author of the thread look more stupider then making a mistake in the title. As I said earlier on, a title is supposed to reflect on the thread itself, so if you make an almost unreadable title chances are the reader will think that the thread itself won't be any better and simply skip to the next.

Some examples of thread names that could be improved by following this simple point:

http://www.era-go.com/forum/showthre...ing-To-Be-quot (A simple mistake but it truly does reflect on the thread).

That's it! It isn't that hard to name a thread and these simple 3 points should make an excellent thread title that people will want to read.

P.S the threads I used as examples were good threads with bad names, I didn't mean to name and shame.

Also use good grammar.
    Global Moderator Feb 21, 2014 - Oct 10, 2014 (8 months)
    iEra Player Relations April 10, 2014 - Oct 10, 2014 (6 months)
    iEra Communications Support Oct 10, 2014 - Feb 9, 2015 (4 months)
    Ol West Communications Admin Nov 15, 2014 - Resigned (9 months)
    iEra Communications Admin Feb 9, 2015 - April 10, 2016 (15 months)
    iEra Player Relations Admin April 10, 2016 - Current
    Retired from Toonslab Support
    Toonslab FAQ [email protected]

Now there is no excuse for bad thread names.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Greg View Post
    Now there is no excuse for bad thread names.
    Yea, just at least read some of the things you write when you are about to post it, and if you don't, it is a sign of immaturity and a sign of "you don't care" just to get a point out there ( and spellcheck isn't always right XD)