Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: !! How To Get the Graal Level Editor [WINDOWS] !!

!! How To Get the Graal Level Editor [WINDOWS] !!

Hi all. I have seen many questions in regards to this matter in these forums. I have put together some information to aid you in getting the level editor, and getting the tileset used on Era Iphone to display, so that you may start making your own levels!

--Getting The Level Editor--

-Download the game client: Here.

-Once you have installed it open the Graal Client, and you can either log in with your account or as a guest.
    (Windows -- TAKE NOTE OF WHERE IT INSTALLS TO,
    AND CREATE A SHORTCUT -- On your Desktop, or wherever is good for you!
    -- We Will refer to this later as your GRAAL FOLDER
    )

-Click the Start Button, and it will pull up a list right above it:

Click on The Highlighted "Install Packages" option from the list, and you will pull up this menu:

Navigate to the Developer Tools and Level Editor tree (highlighted), and select Level Editor.
    You will want to click "DOWNLOAD" (note: my image has Uninstall and Reinstall in the space where Download will be since I already have it installed.

Once the Level Editor has been installed, you will find it in your Graal Folder as "GraalEditor."

note: I am having a few issues with uploading attachments on the forums. I will update this thread with details on how to set the era tileset, as well as attach the image file itself once it is fixed
    Attached Images Attached Images

Zephlyn
    make it for mac also!!!! D:

There is no official mac editor.

There is an alternative, called gonstruct.

Otherwise, you can download WINE and use this editor, but I don't own a mac so I cannot instruct on that process.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Grief Hero's Avatar
    I wouldn't really recommend Gonstruct as it's quite difficult to use, and there are many bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Grief Hero View Post
    I wouldn't really recommend Gonstruct as it's quite difficult to use, and there are many bugs.
    While this is true in some forms, the gonstruct editor still offers many advantages over the official editor. (Layer support, saved tilesets, and full .gmap file support.)

With that being said, there is a learning curve that I recommend overcoming with the standard editor before you attempt gonstruct.

Attached is a level I made in gonstruct.

attachment-5.jpg

I have downloaded the GraalEditor but when I try to open it, it seems that nothing is coming out.
    I'm not sure how to process the editor.
    .~* /V,'/< /<,' *~.

Find the file FILENAMECACHE.TXT in your graal folder and delete it.

This is probably not the main problem for you, but it will trigger the editor to create and compile a new filenamecache.txt.

Do you have too many processes running / not enough memory to open the graaleditor?

Cool

Newcomer
    When I am done and I close out I get this error message that wont go away.

era post.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Matt11239 View Post
    When I am done and I close out I get this error message that wont go away.

era post.JPG

Same here but just restart your pc and it will get removed