Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: #RemoveKnockbackFromExplosives

I'll make it so it's a random chance of you getting knocked back

Quote Originally Posted by rorriM View Post
    Yes it didn't need to be added in the first place. We aren't argueing, all we disagree on is that I think it can be fixed, while you want it removed completely.
    How can it be fixed? Explain it to me as I don't see how it can be fixed without being removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Greg View Post
    How can it be fixed? Explain it to me as I don't see how it can be fixed without being removed.
    This way:
    Quote Originally Posted by snk View Post
    I'll make it so it's a random chance of you getting knocked back
    That's Unfortunate

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Greg View Post
    Well:
    1. As snk said, reduce chances of knockback
    2. Make knockback push the person back rather than trapping the person in place
    3. Make knockback only work on a direct hit, so that the explosion doesn't deal knockback as well

Well: 1. As snk said, reduce chances of knockback 2. Make knockback push the person back rather than trapping the person in place 3. Make knockback only work on a direct hit, so that the explosion doesn't deal knockback as well
    I think you have to be one of the worst arguers I've ever seen.

Well:
    1. As snk said, reduce chances of knockback
    2. Make knockback push the person back rather than trapping the person in place
    3. Make knockback only work on a direct hit, so that the explosion doesn't deal knockback as well
    2 and 3 don't help the problem. 2 would mean that no one would move forward and 3 would not stop the problems of ac spam in narrow corridor.

Number 1 may help but will still not solve the problem. It was never needed in the first place so should be removed before it goes too far. Look at PBP with stack damage. It was a dreadful addition but has been kept too long that no GA will touch it.

I think you both have problems accepting when you have lost an arguement
    @unofficial that's what people at when they run out of arguments.
    @Greg I think you are failing to see the big picture,the reason knockback is OP is because it traps people, therefore reason 2 could work. Reason 1 is a long term fix because it would cause spamming to be less effective but still an option. Reason 3 could work because it's makes trapping people with ac almost impossible. If one is stuck in a tight space than that's their fault and could just as easily be killed by a pbp as an ac.

I don't think it needs to be removed.
    It should definitely be fixed though.
    think about it, if you got hit in the face by a missle irl you would probably get knocked back too.
    More like get blown into shreds.
    Roaming.

@Greg I think you are failing to see the big picture,the reason knockback is OP is because it traps people, therefore reason 2 could work. Reason 1 is a long term fix because it would cause spamming to be less effective but still an option. Reason 3 could work because it's makes trapping people with ac almost impossible. If one is stuck in a tight space than that's their fault and could just as easily be killed by a pbp as an ac.
    What you're saying there is if someone is caught in an area they can't escape it's their fault. Because that third option make it impossible to get away if they are in a tight space if you want it to only work with a direct hit. Like I said with lethal. You shoot right at the ladder, and your direct hit knockback idea traps them there, it's their own fault? It should be removed completely, because it is OP and is highly unneeded. If a PBP traps them in a corner, at least the person can move around and have a chance to survive more than a knock back that traps them there. And yes the direct hit still traps them because it causes the knockback.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Zanereth View Post
    Guys, it's a real live cave person

Why have we lost the argument? You are the one who is not seeing the issues. Have you ever been basing?