Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FAL OSW or Sten

Question FAL OSW or Sten

There's a new shop in Era now(Which is Aimpoint) and I'm gonna ask for everyone's opinion on whether FAL OSW (Aimpoint) or Sten (Gas Shell Shop) is better since these 2 guns have the same price. I got the description of these two guns down here, and write your opinion on which gun is better.

FAL OSW : This assault rifle has a good rate of fire, with medium freeze. It does 8 damage and has a clip of 20 and some spread. (Not Automatic)
    Short description:
    Good fire rate
    Medium freeze
    Deals 8 damage per bullet
    A clip size of 20
    Some spread
    Not automatic

Sten : The Sten shoots only one bullet, not very good accuracy and deals 8 damage. The clip stores 32 bullets and is an automatic.
    Short description:
    Poor fire rate
    Lesser freeze
    Deals 8 damage per bullet
    A clip size of 32
    ? spread
    Automatic

The short description is based on what I understand from the long description. And I never used neither of these guns,so if you have used either one of these guns, tell me how you feel about the guns stated on top.
    (Added the Fire rate and Freeze for Sten from DaScientist)

Added on 24/11/2013
    Info I got from a Gun Admin:
    FAL OSW : Faster firing rate, same freeze, same damage per bullet, lower clip size, slower reload rate and is not automatic
    Sten : Slower firing rate, same freeze, same damage per bullet, bigger clip size, faster reload rate and is automatic.
    Last edited by Stanley; 11-24-2013 at 11:57 AM.

I feel that the Sten is much better. Firstly, it has a larger clip size. Therefore, you would hardly get caught in a situation where you are reloading and the opponents' bullets are moving towards you. Secondly, the Sten has a poor rate of fire. Thus, it probably has lesser freeze rate than the FAL OSW. This helps you on your mobility. I am not sure about the spread. It depends on what type of situation you are going to be using the gun in. If you are going to use it for sparring, then I'd suggest choosing the gun with larger spread.
    I fight for equality. I fight for justice. I fight for the right thing.
    I fight therefore I am.

Banned
    It's not about the spread.
    It's the skills that you've got in every gun you used.
    I've seen people with Uzi owning others(not dual) easily in spar.

lol where is aimpoint

Quote Originally Posted by XSTARX View Post
    It's not about the spread.
    It's the skills that you've got in every gun you used.
    I've seen people with Uzi owning others(not dual) easily in spar.
    Isn't that also because the Uzi has a random spread that makes other confused on how to dodge the bullets fired by it?
    Last edited by Stanley; 11-24-2013 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilt Kazuki 9k View Post
    lol where is aimpoint
    Aimpoint is a black building at southridge that is located near the spring shop (Southeast from the Spring Shop).

actually, the sten fire rate is not poor whatsoever. if you tap it instead of holding it, it'll shoot slightly faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Wabbit View Post
    actually, the sten fire rate is not poor whatsoever. if you tap it instead of holding it, it'll shoot slightly faster.
    Just got info from a Gun Admin, Sten fire rate is slower than FAL OSW. Tapping and Holding does not make any difference in speed, just that if you hold, you will stop for a while before you start firing non-stop.

Banned
    sten, its fire rate is the same, dont use automatic, it sucks use it semi auto