Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: AimPoint

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazerlatte View Post
    Well, 44 magnum isn't very pricy. Possibly even a little on the cheap side. Pretty nice gun for 10k.

Post-changing edit: oops.... Missed a 0....
    bro that gun is so much of a rip off. The sak whoops the 44 in every way.

Banned
    the AA12 is auful.
    There better be a spread rate of 3 if you're not able to move with it.

Guns with longer barrels give the illusion of a faster traveling bullet. This is very handy for mid to long range combat situations. Enemy players often get surprised that the bullet hits them when you are a bit spaced from them. The AA12 is probably used like a turret. It might not be recommended for sparring situations and preferred more for covering fire in bases.
    BabyGhost

Currently in college. Retired from era.

Guns Reviewer

Quote Originally Posted by BabyGhost View Post
    Guns with longer barrels give the illusion of a faster traveling bullet.
    Almost spot on, my friend.

Since the bullet does come out of the barrel, it originates further away from the player, therefore reaching its destination sooner.
    It's kind of like getting a head start in a race.
    This is assuming that the GunAdmin set the correct bullet origin points in all directions, and the bullet is actually coming out of the tip of the barrel instead of before it.

In the past, this was a valuable selling point on many guns in old school PC Era; because a few guns(such as the MetalStorm) could clear 3 tiles, given the long barrel.
    This meant that these guns could shoot over some thicker walls, where other guns couldn't.

I remember when I was iEra's Gun Admin last year, I set a gun like that to bring this "selling point" back.
    People saw that and they automatically think it's some sort of a glitch that a gun shot over the wall; haha.

Also worth mentioning, this could sometimes be a hindrance in close-range combat; if the origin point goes beyond an opponent that is at point-blank range, the bullet will go right over them.

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    I remember when I was iEra's Gun Admin last year, I set a gun like that to bring this "selling point" back.
    People saw that and they automatically think it's some sort of a glitch that a gun shot over the wall; haha.
    I remember the L9A1 and DSR-50 both had really long barrels, so bullet origin was at the tip. To me it was a selling point because it was possible to shoot over very thick walls like the CTF Blue flag room side wall, and the thick side walls in Mafia and BH. But it was later repositioned to lose this ability. I was pretty upset because the L9's only two good points over the Neo Rifle was its long barrel and 5 clip. Losing one of these perks really made the gun not worth 10k to me.

Also, would this mean the Socom and other guns with extended barrels due to attachable suppressors should have different origins depending on whether or not the suppressor is attached or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Vacci View Post
    I remember the L9A1 and DSR-50 both had really long barrels, so bullet origin was at the tip. To me it was a selling point because it was possible to shoot over very thick walls like the CTF Blue flag room side wall, and the thick side walls in Mafia and BH. But it was later repositioned to lose this ability. I was pretty upset because the L9's only two good points over the Neo Rifle was its long barrel and 5 clip. Losing one of these perks really made the gun not worth 10k to me.
    Yeah, I've actually got no idea what the L9A1 or DSR-50 are, since they were added after I resigned.
    But people complain about it when a gun shoots over walls- They think it's a glitch when it's very much a selling point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacci View Post
    Also, would this mean the Socom and other guns with extended barrels due to attachable suppressors should have different origins depending on whether or not the suppressor is attached or not?
    I would think so- after all, the suppressor extends the barrel; so while it's on, I'd expect the bullet to originate at the tip.

Don't get it confused- I'm not Guns Admin right now; I resigned back in February.
    This is just what I would do.

I think that following the logic that the bullet originates at the tip of the barrel makes sense, as well as gives guns another stat to vary from one another.

Banned
    dat AA-12 doe

Meph is such a gun scientist