Thread: Uzi stacked damage

Uzi stacked damage

As the title implies. Why is the Uzi stacked damage? x.x
    Would be great if someone explains this to me.
    Thanks, in advance!

Banned
    I do hate the maccus Uzi stack in spars.
    2 shots is already 18 damage, outrageous.

They are not normally able to stack, but due to it's extremely wide spread, you can take extra damage from the 2nd bullet after about 0.3 seconds when you hit the first bullet. If you practically touch both bullets at once, they usually don't stack damage. But if you run through the 2 bullets while they are spaced out between each other, you may take stacked damage.

Not sure how the stack damage is coded but a possible guess is that stacked damage don't follow a mini hit timer while the non-stacked damage follow a mini hit timer. That short interval of getting hit by multiple bullets is what allows you to take extra damage. Before PBP was introduced to stack damage, it was possible to take extremely large amounts of damage if the bullets were spaced out wide enough. It would require a certain set up, but that is what seemed to be the case if you took extra damage from the non stack damage guns.

Since the hit timer was introduced before, but then removed in certain places, it could mean that the coding was slightly modified and different from before. The uzis might be slightly more powerful today than it was before the stack damage introduction. (This does not count the time during the "Great Nerf Season" where uzis were much more deadly with nearly no freeze rate)
    BabyGhost

Currently in college. Retired from era.

Guns Reviewer

Banned
    Without hit timer it was easier to spar laggers.
    Now it's the other way round to gain wins, laggers won't admit their actually lagging and still spar- making it a boring arena already with lack of awareness.

I don't like maccus uzis, it spams too much and alot of dmg taken >.<. The only way to beat the player is to get close and try your luck to win xD
    MOO

Banned
    muzis do not stack damage. But since era removed the hit timer instead of reducing it. If you run vertically into both bullets and they have enough spread then they will stack.

The hit timer is so controversial.
    It's actually only a part of an incomplete system on iEra.

The intent was to emulate the Hit Recovery system on PC Era to iEra.
    On PC Era, if you're hit with a bullet, it freezes you for a very brief period(0.25 seconds), and for about 1 second you've got time to recover(you can't be hit by bullets consecutively.)

It's been around on PC Era since 2003, and was created to stunt sprayers. It makes fights much more challenging, and those sprayers get at most 1 hit on you for their spraying(assuming you know how to dodge)-- and if they take a hit during the spraying, they receive a slight freeze to interrupt it, and give you a gap to escape.

Without the hit timer, if somebody charged you Al' Pacino style with a BAR, you'd be dead within seconds, and your return firing did little to impede them.
    Now that the hit timer is here, you're not as heavily impacted by this pray-n-spray mentality; but their movement isn't impeded if they take a hit, as it was intended to be. So people still run with the mentality that it's all about spamming and trapping the opponent, because with no repercussions it's effective.

Again- it's only half way done. They've added the hit timer, but haven't yet added a slight freeze upon taking a hit.
    The two work hand in hand to stimulate fighting and lean it more towards skill-based play.

Will it ever be finished? Not sure.
    Either they're satisfied with the way it is, or they don't realize that it's incomplete.

I think that it was just forgotten- It was under development between last Thanksgiving and Christmas, and when Christmas came up all development went towards the Xmas quests and shop. Shortly after, I resigned, so I wasn't there to remind the Devs that the hit recovery wasn't yet finished.
    Last edited by Meph; 11-26-2013 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    The hit timer is so controversial.
    It's actually only a part of an incomplete system on iEra.

The intent was to emulate the Hit Recovery system on PC Era to iEra.
    On PC Era, if you're hit with a bullet, it freezes you for a very brief period(0.25 seconds), and for about 1 second you've got time to recover(you can't be hit by bullets consecutively.)

It's been around on PC Era since 2003, and was created to stunt sprayers. It makes fights much more challenging, and those sprayers get at most 1 hit on you for their spraying(assuming you know how to dodge)-- and if they take a hit during the spraying, they receive a slight freeze to interrupt it, and give you a gap to escape.

Without the hit timer, if somebody charged you Al' Pacino style with a BAR, you'd be dead within seconds, and your return firing did little to impede them.
    Now that the hit timer is here, you're not as heavily impacted by this pray-n-spray mentality; but their movement isn't impeded if they take a hit, as it was intended to be. So people still run with the mentality that it's all about spamming and trapping the opponent, because with no repercussions it's effective.

Again- it's only half way done. They've added the hit timer, but haven't yet added a slight freeze upon taking a hit.
    The two work hand in hand to stimulate fighting and lean it more towards skill-based play.

Will it ever be finished? Not sure.
    Either they're satisfied with the way it is, or they don't realize that it's incomplete.

I think that it was just forgotten- It was under development between last Thanksgiving and Christmas, and when Christmas came up all development went towards the Xmas quests and shop. Shortly after, I resigned, so I wasn't there to remind the Devs that the hit recovery wasn't yet finished.
    That's an interesting combat concept. For such changes though, may traumatize some players. Despite the balance potential.
    BabyGhost

Currently in college. Retired from era.

Guns Reviewer

Quote Originally Posted by BabyGhost View Post
    That's an interesting combat concept. For such changes though, may traumatize some players. Despite the balance potential.
    Perhaps; I was somewhat traumatized when I came to iEra and seen that it lacked the entire hit recovery system, and that these people are being robbed of the game's real competitive potential.

It's a system that's been tried and true on PC Era for over 10 years.
    The freeze is very slight; it's a quarter of a second, max. And the 2nd part of it(the hit timer) kicks in, and lasts longer than the freeze to ensure the freeze can't abused.

The only ones I could imagine it traumatizing would be those that rely on "pray-and-spray" to get wins.
    Those that actually apply a level of skill to the game, that are sick of spammers and pay2win will embrace the fact that spraying isn't as effective.

It's why old school PC Players come to iEra and generally can dominate the field; or at least contend with the best, despite the differences between the servers.
    Back then it required us to actually apply skill if we wanted to win; we were better conditioned because we didn't have the easy route of spamming.

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    Perhaps; I was somewhat traumatized when I came to iEra and seen that it lacked the entire hit recovery system, and that these people are being robbed of the game's real competitive potential.

It's a system that's been tried and true on PC Era for over 10 years.
    The freeze is very slight; it's a quarter of a second, max. And the 2nd part of it(the hit timer) kicks in, and lasts longer than the freeze to ensure the freeze can't abused.

The only ones I could imagine it traumatizing would be those that rely on "pray-and-spray" to get wins.
    Those that actually apply a level of skill to the game, that are sick of spammers and pay2win will embrace the fact that spraying isn't as effective.

It's why old school PC Players come to iEra and generally can dominate the field; or at least contend with the best, despite the differences between the servers.
    Back then it required us to actually apply skill if we wanted to win; we were better conditioned because we didn't have the easy route of spamming.
    Lol. My twin?