Thread: Adding a sprite

Veteran

Angry Adding a sprite

Hi, i'm trying to make a gani, and i'm stuck on step one...
    I can't add a sprite.

I saved the file containing the sprites in Graal>Levels>Ganis, and then I clicked the 'Add Sprite Definition' button in GraalShop.
    Then I put in the filename, and .png after it (it is a .PNG file) I name it with a description, and I put the correct coordinates of the top left of the sprite, and properly put in the width and height of the sprite. Finally, I click 'Add'.
    It says the sprite is there, but it is invisible, so obviously there is a problem

Anyone know whats wrong? I hope you can help!

Thanks.

Don't put the image in the gani folder. Just put it in the regular graal folder( where graal editor, graal shop, etc is).

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by rorriM View Post
    Don't put the image in the gani folder. Just put it in the regular graal folder( where graal editor, graal shop, etc is).
    Still doesn't work...

Make sure you put the EXACT name, all symbols, everything. I usually give the files simple names with no symbols. You also have to add the .png but I think you said your doing that.

An easy way to tell if your sprite calculations are right is to open paint.net, and use the square highlight tool to select the sprite, then on the bottom left of the screen it gives you the specifications you have to plug in.

Another thing you need to be careful of is don't use 0,0 as your x and y coordinates. It starts at 1,1.

Don't put ".png", use ".gif" then it should work. Make sure you have the correct x, y coordinates.

Also, you need to select a certain area of the sprite, you can't import the entire image in there!

What I mean by this is lets say you're trying to import a sword in GraalShop that has four different angles (horizontally, vertically). What you need to do is use the selection tool and select ONE part of that image.. let's select the Verticle one. Once you have selected it (should have the selected box around the part you selected) the x, y coordinates will appear on the bottom left of paint.net.

Get those coordinates and return back to GraalShop. Click "import sprite" and type the file name in there, WITH ".gif" .. not ".png". Make sure you have put the correct coordinates in there too, if you don't understand still then I'll screens hare with you on Skype later.
    Roaming.

Oh yeah shiz is right,use gif

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ShizGodsu View Post
    Don't put ".png", use ".gif" then it should work. Make sure you have the correct x, y coordinates.

Also, you need to select a certain area of the sprite, you can't import the entire image in there!

What I mean by this is lets say you're trying to import a sword in GraalShop that has four different angles (horizontally, vertically). What you need to do is use the selection tool and select ONE part of that image.. let's select the Verticle one. Once you have selected it (should have the selected box around the part you selected) the x, y coordinates will appear on the bottom left of paint.net.

Get those coordinates and return back to GraalShop. Click "import sprite" and type the file name in there, WITH ".gif" .. not ".png". Make sure you have put the correct coordinates in there too, if you don't understand still then I'll screens hare with you on Skype later.
    <3 <3, <3 <3 <3

Yah welcome lol
    Roaming.