Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 LastLast

Thread: Weapon Stat Changes (Old)

Quote Originally Posted by thyme View Post
    Would that mean there will be adjustments to the freeze to the chem as well? Can people run with practically no freeze as they recharge the ammo or will there be a very small freeze?

(Also could you look at flame? A lot of people are shying away from flame due to its horrendous freeze.)
    What horrendous freeze? the freeze is 0.1. The only reason people don't buy flame anymore is because they either already have it or because they're going for chem. Flame still remains extremely strong for its price.

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    Chem rebalance will be applied at the end of the month. As stated previously the change will be the removal of a reload and replacing it with recharging ammo.
    Wtf no. You're turning a 200 ec item into a 50 ec item

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenshadow View Post
    Wtf no. You're turning a 200 ec item into a 50 ec item

For someone who "doesn't have chem" (looks at profile picture) you sure are very defensive of any changes to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway the proposed change isn't exactly working out. The recharging ammo script is done a bit differently and doesn't seem to work with weapons with two fire modes. Kinda annoying since I feel the recharging ammo would have fixed the issues with chem. Which means option 2 which may result in a firerate nerf, damage buff rebalance.

- - - Updated - - -

The rebalance will pretty much make it a different gun. What i'm considering is nerfing freeze from 0.1 to 0.2, nerfing firerate from 0.11 to 0.3, nerfing clip from 36 to 30.
    But

Then buffing the damage from 3-4 to 9-10 and removing the firing movement speed penalty, and then reducing the reload time on the slime gun.

Effectively making it a slower BAR that also deals explosive damage with the added benefit that the bullets have a higher hit radius. I believe the explosive damage has the potential to deal 16 or so damage if you get hit by the bullet and an explosion. Haven't trialled it so not sure yet. If it's too strong (People are getting 4 shot kills) then i'll change the damage up again but this way the chem gun still is a strong/ usable weapon as it's comparable to the bar, potentially better in some situations as your bullets may damage them due to the enlarged hit radius that otherwise would have been dodged by the bar.

However, this also fixes one of the major issues the chem gun has created, that had severely impacted basing being the explosive spam and everything that led to. Doesn't take a whole lot of basing against it to realise this.

For someone who "doesn't have chem" (looks at profile picture) you sure are very defensive of any changes to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway the proposed change isn't exactly working out. The recharging ammo script is done a bit differently and doesn't seem to work with weapons with two fire modes. Kinda annoying since I feel the recharging ammo would have fixed the issues with chem. Which means option 2 which may result in a firerate nerf, damage buff rebalance.

- - - Updated - - -

The rebalance will pretty much make it a different gun. What i'm considering is nerfing freeze from 0.1 to 0.2, nerfing firerate from 0.11 to 0.3, nerfing clip from 36 to 30.
    But

Then buffing the damage from 3-4 to 9-10 and removing the firing movement speed penalty, and then reducing the reload time on the slime gun.

Effectively making it a slower BAR that also deals explosive damage with the added benefit that the bullets have a higher hit radius. I believe the explosive damage has the potential to deal 16 or so damage if you get hit by the bullet and an explosion. Haven't trialled it so not sure yet. If it's too strong (People are getting 4 shot kills) then i'll change the damage up again but this way the chem gun still is a strong/ usable weapon as it's comparable to the bar, potentially better in some situations as your bullets may damage them due to the enlarged hit radius that otherwise would have been dodged by the bar.

However, this also fixes one of the major issues the chem gun has created, that had severely impacted basing being the explosive spam and everything that led to. Doesn't take a whole lot of basing against it to realise this.
    200 ec item barely better than bar. Hmm rip everyone who wasted 200 ec.
    The reason I'm so defensive about chem is because my friend worked very hard and got it recently. But hey we can say I have chem

"200 ec item barely better than bar."

You realise chem is a free gun? and it's better than a $70 gun by your own admission. Sure it takes time to work for chem, but so does bar if you go for it without packs. It arguably takes longer to get some spar/ pk guns and those aren't even free like the chem is. And are they better than bar? no

"200 ec item barely better than bar."

You realise chem is a free gun? and it's better than a $70 gun by your own admission. Sure it takes time to work for chem, but so does bar if you go for it without packs. It arguably takes longer to get some spar/ pk guns and those aren't even free like the chem is. And are they better than bar? no
    If chem is free bar is too? Gralats is an in-game currency. Ec is an in-game currency. Cmon m8 think. Anyways if you're nerfing the coolest gun in the game at least buff p2ks by a little. Maybe I'm using them wrong idk but they just seem a little underwhelming considering it takes 100k pks and over 200k gralats yet m1911 can kill faster.

Banned
    This is what I have little hope in as they don't really register as luck but more of 1 bullet only.

Quote Originally Posted by XSTARX View Post
    This is what I have little hope in as they don't really register as luck but more of 1 bullet only.
    No I tested it ingame and it did the explosive damage every time. I even had to lower the damage from 10 to 8 because the gun was a 4 shot kill

Weapon Stat Changes

Era is becoming zone that's the last I'll say on this topic

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenshadow View Post
    Era is becoming zone that's the last I'll say on this topic

That literally has 0 relevance to this topic.

Just in BBZ and counted 6 chem guns in the one base at the same time. 1-2 is bad enough as it is with it's old stats

- - - Updated - - -

You guys can either come to a realistic compromise or i'll just keep the stats the same but block it from being used in bases entirely. The gun was extremely strong after the change, it was basically a 12 damage shipka. It has the same freeze as shipka, shoots a little fast than shipka and whilst shipka shoots 2 bullets the chem has an enlarged bullet hitbox so it's basically the same damage radius as the shipka.