Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 LastLast

Thread: Weapon Stat Changes (Old)

Chem needed its much needed nerf, the community should agree on that. This change basically made it a stronger bar. Personally I support it.
    :}
    Need help? Pm me here on the forums or in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    That literally has 0 relevance to this topic.

Just in BBZ and counted 6 chem guns in the one base at the same time. 1-2 is bad enough as it is with it's old stats

- - - Updated - - -

You guys can either come to a realistic compromise or i'll just keep the stats the same but block it from being used in bases entirely. The gun was extremely strong after the change, it was basically a 12 damage shipka. It has the same freeze as shipka, shoots a little fast than shipka and whilst shipka shoots 2 bullets the chem has an enlarged bullet hitbox so it's basically the same damage radius as the shipka.
    I'm okay with what you made it a few minutes ago besides the freeze, okay you're making it like shipka but you still have high freeze so idk what to tell you. Do what you want idc anymore no more complaints from Mr.TooManyQuestions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenshadow View Post
    I'm okay with what you made it a few minutes ago besides the freeze, okay you're making it like shipka but you still have high freeze so idk what to tell you. Do what you want idc anymore no more complaints from Mr.TooManyQuestions
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenshadow View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The freeze is the exact same as shipka, and once again for someone who 'doesn't own it' you seem to know a lot about how it was

That literally has 0 relevance to this topic.

Just in BBZ and counted 6 chem guns in the one base at the same time. 1-2 is bad enough as it is with it's old stats

- - - Updated - - -

You guys can either come to a realistic compromise or i'll just keep the stats the same but block it from being used in bases entirely. The gun was extremely strong after the change, it was basically a 12 damage shipka. It has the same freeze as shipka, shoots a little fast than shipka and whilst shipka shoots 2 bullets the chem has an enlarged bullet hitbox so it's basically the same damage radius as the shipka.
    Finally basing will be a little less hectic and a little more fair lmao

Blocked the Chem gun from selected sparring rooms. It's currently blocked in the 4 main spar rooms of complex, however remains unblocked in every other spars.

I'm hoping for the block to be temporary, I had hoped that Snk/another scripter would have been back sooner so that they could implement a new script that would fix chem without needing to block it but for now it will remain blocked from those arenas until I can have that implemented as I don't really know when that will be.
    Either that or unblock it from those 4 arenas and nerf the damage down to 2 as it was before it was blocked from bases- thought out of damage nerf all-round or 4 less arenas to spar in, the complex block would have been preferred.

The change I want implemented which I had thought i'd be able to get several weeks ago, soon after the basing block was the introduction of a new 'gasmask', though not exactly a gasmask in look. Just in the function that whilst gasmask's protect from gas, the new mask would protect from explosive damage.

Not only would this have fixed the chem in sparring issue, it would have allowed chem to still be usable, functioning similar to the minigun if the opponent had the mask on.
    The mask would negate all explosive damage, including the knockback I assume, so only the bullets would damage. This mask would also change up basing a bit by making gasbombs relevant again, as currently 95% of the server have gasmasks, and because there are so many hats that protect from gas it makes gas bombs basically useless to anyone but new players. Having an explosive/ flak mask added would mean players would have to choose between protecting from explosives or from gas (I do not want a hat that protects from both ever being added). Would hopefully change up the basing dynamic for the better as explosive based weapons cause so many issues because of the way explosions/ how they damage you works.

Blocked the Chem gun from selected sparring rooms. It's currently blocked in the 4 main spar rooms of complex, however remains unblocked in every other spars.

I'm hoping for the block to be temporary, I had hoped that Snk/another scripter would have been back sooner so that they could implement a new script that would fix chem without needing to block it but for now it will remain blocked from those arenas until I can have that implemented as I don't really know when that will be.
    Either that or unblock it from those 4 arenas and nerf the damage down to 2 as it was before it was blocked from bases- thought out of damage nerf all-round or 4 less arenas to spar in, the complex block would have been preferred.

The change I want implemented which I had thought i'd be able to get several weeks ago, soon after the basing block was the introduction of a new 'gasmask', though not exactly a gasmask in look. Just in the function that whilst gasmask's protect from gas, the new mask would protect from explosive damage.

Not only would this have fixed the chem in sparring issue, it would have allowed chem to still be usable, functioning similar to the minigun if the opponent had the mask on.
    The mask would negate all explosive damage, including the knockback I assume, so only the bullets would damage. This mask would also change up basing a bit by making gasbombs relevant again, as currently 95% of the server have gasmasks, and because there are so many hats that protect from gas it makes gas bombs basically useless to anyone but new players. Having an explosive/ flak mask added would mean players would have to choose between protecting from explosives or from gas (I do not want a hat that protects from both ever being added). Would hopefully change up the basing dynamic for the better as explosive based weapons cause so many issues because of the way explosions/ how they damage you works.
    After this it'd be great if you could do something similar for bullet damage, in a way that can make melee combat viable. I dunno about any hat or anything but maybe a heavy armor vest or something.... I just want to have some way of melee vs melee combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerlatte View Post
    After this it'd be great if you could do something similar for bullet damage, in a way that can make melee combat viable. I dunno about any hat or anything but maybe a heavy armor vest or something.... I just want to have some way of melee vs melee combat.
    Probably not because of the nature of the game being a 2d shooter. Melees are meant as the showoff/ door breaker/ flag. The only real way to make them viable is to give them a hp buff or increase movement speed, both of which would negatively effect gun gameplay which is what era is centred around

Probably not because of the nature of the game being a 2d shooter. Melees are meant as the showoff/ door breaker/ flag. The only real way to make them viable is to give them a hp buff or increase movement speed, both of which would negatively effect gun gameplay which is what era is centred around
    Well, yeah, that's understandable. If melee was sorta part of the gun fights, like with contextual bashes/bayonet attacks or something, it's make for some interesting and dynamic gameplay. Of course as you've told me in the past overall lag would mess with such a system too much to function well.

It isn't 'so good' as I just explained how the ak47 is better for 2500. Idk what you have against new players having a gun that isn't just a pea shooter. It's not like it's doing 10 damage, it's doing 8.
    And don't forget that new players also probably don't know about the repair system, so their guns will only be doing 8 for the first week and then it'll be doing 7 then 6 in the following weeks. Most new players don't even find out about the mining system after a few months since there's nothing that really tells you about how it works and how often you need to do it.
    Giving new players a bad gun at the start is to give the player incentive to actually play the game and get better guns.