Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Advanced Base Defense Systems?

hwaryun

Post Advanced Base Defense Systems?

Bases are basically places where you kill people, try to take the flag, and defend. Some places are easy to take, some places are hard. In the end, it's the same. Bases are just buildings with doors that you need to knife or shoot at while people are waiting to kill you.
    To make basing much more interesting, defenders should have several base options when they take the flag. It would go along the lines of this. Take this example.

You and your gang takes a base. The EARLIEST member of the gang present at that base would have a set of commands to choose from. It ranges from:
    • Mines
    • Bear Traps
    • Boxes
    • NPC Angry Noobs That Attack Everyone But Your Gang
    • Possible Gun Turrets That Will Appear And You Can Use?

Anyway, this is just a few things that the member can essentially "spawn."
    Of course this will be limited to the gang once.
    After the base is taken and then you retake it, the option is open to you again.
    What do you think?
    Give me your thoughts, opinions, and other ideas, I always like different perspectives.

All of these seem useless other than the npc thing. You can just place mines boxes and traps yourself and shoot yourself I don't see a point to it.

Check out Warfare 2D on the AppStore
    http://warfare2d.com

Banned
    I agree with Alan.
    Gun turrets are useless in bases that don't have much gangs overcrowding like emines and PZ.
    And you can't set too many stuff in a small level room.
    Basing doesn't need any of this, it's what skills you got and the gun you have.

It would help defenders too much. And as said some features would be redundant due to the option of using them being available already.

This is the thing I hate with basing, defending SHOULD be easier than attacking...
    Live your life, enjoy it while it lasts. Don't give it up when you are down, you are a light like the stars in a sky.

hwaryun
    Quote Originally Posted by 3.X View Post
    This is the thing I hate with basing, defending SHOULD be easier than attacking...
    The thing is, if you're attacking a "hard" base, then after you finally take it, (in theory) defending should be easier.
    Unless of course, if you're attacking with a trashpick and they have PBP Shotguns everywhere, there you have no chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy View Post
    The thing is, if you're attacking a "hard" base, then after you finally take it, (in theory) defending should be easier.
    Unless of course, if you're attacking with a trashpick and they have PBP Shotguns everywhere, there you have no chance.
    Yea true but the terrian should be fitted to help the defenders.. if you get what im trying to point out.
    Live your life, enjoy it while it lasts. Don't give it up when you are down, you are a light like the stars in a sky.

Quote Originally Posted by 3.X View Post
    There's a decent variety of bases, some are easier to defend than others since what you just said is an opinion the way things currently are is fair because you can choose to base according to preference.

Check out Warfare 2D on the AppStore
    http://warfare2d.com

If the flag is on the bottom its easier to defend, like pz. If flag is on the top like tachi or mafia then its harder to defend. Bbz is a stupid base with a huge open area and a flag in the middle which makes people just rush. Base like gz has a flag on the top but mostly the defenders go outside the flag room and defend by spamming halls.
    Yogy Nelo (Navy)

Navy Founder, Graphics Artist, That One Guy With 3 Lightsabers, 2011-2016

*Yawn, On PC Era we have perks for bases... the longer you defend them the more perks you get... +Base Door HP, +Flag Health, +Flag Regen

Join the Confederacy.... Feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Confederate States of Era!!