Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Devices In Events

Veteran

Devices In Events

In this guide you will learn not only the advantages of using a different device, but the disadvantages and conviniences too. I will not cover other than pc and ios devices however because I don't own or have tried era on other than such devices.

PC: +
    Events here are based on control, control here depends on the keyboard you own because the small mac keyboards sometimes are harder to use. I use a laptop (dell) to do events while I can. I feel it easier to controll my character and to move throughout the map. This means that I can maneuver through races easily. I like tricky tiles on pc because if you spam the pressing of an arrow key, you will most likely go to the direction you want to and beat an ios user to a square. CTF here is easy on one part which is rushing towards a flag because you got movement down to the point where everything is easy to do as long as you see the area around you while rushing.
    PC:- Small keyboards, small keyboards will more than likely make you press the wrong key. Spar events or killing events are hard on the pc, why, because shooting is directed in the position of your character. A good way to atleast do better is use strafe movement which locks your character in one position to shoot at that direction (location of bullet or sway of mellee depending on the direction of character)

iPhone:+ Iphone (4s and 5) . These I like as there is less lag and I find it easier to not only win some events but to actually enter one. Lag is one less factor when using one (which may or may not be an advantage). Movement here feels too fast which dis-allows me to calculate perfect motions during a race. I prefer pk events here like CTF and Team Spar. This is because, not only do you get to maneuver your character easily, but you can easily controll directions for shooting.

iPhone: - Races! Yes, I have never won a race on iphone. I over calculate turns and end up crashing to walls or blocks in water races (zoomed in) and can't see my player (zoomed out).

iPod: + I like sparing on this device. I feel this like an iphone 5 but more comfortable because it's slimmer and I get used to this. Movement and Firing shots here is easy so you get an advantage in spar events like TTS, TS, Spar Tourney, LMS (bot), and Catastrophy. Yes I know catastrophy isn't a spar event but I feel like I have most chance of winning this than on other devices (although I haven't won this event).

iPod:- Races like I stated before are hard because of sight and speed (feeling). These disadvantages are like an iPhone's.

iPad: + Ipad is avarage in all amongst types of events. I can controll more in races and spam and rush in team events. I can spar here avaragely and have won two spar tourneys on this device. ( 6 on iPod ). This device is avarage in all event types mostly in hunted because all comes down to it which is sight, movement, spar, pk, and running away from baddies.

iPad:- That avarage feeling means that you will do good not perfect, which means you will beat those who have certain disadvantages but lose to those who have the advantages. I find it uncomfortable playing on such a big device.

Devices yet to test : Android phones, iPad Mini, and maybe a few pc's.

Feel free to add on your own experience with your devices and as always, practice makes perfect!

OreOs
    It also requires skill, I do most of my events on my iPad 2 and have won tons of events

Veteran
    Skill is gained through practice ehh? lol. I do win on ipad 2 mostly races though. I most prefer it over all because of it's all round perfomance in all events. I will try an iPad mini soon and if it suits me then I'll stick to it. Then it's just practice all over.

Veteran
    Thanks btw. I want more comments like those but with a bit more explination as to why.

OreOs
    Just master the pathways and create strategies for yourself lol

Banned
    "Create".
    I've seen many of you 'event wannabes' copying most skills from us when we used to do those a lot in old days.
    How can I ensure you won tons of events on your iPad 2 when you use PC more.
    I'm using iPhone for 4 years and never had a single problem.

iPad Mini is great, not to big, not to small. Your speed is just fine+i zoom in/out in certain events to suit my needs. I like playing with enlarged controls however.
    To me, it technically comes down to how well you've mastered your device. I've won all my events on the iPad Mini while Oreos and XSTARX have won theirs on the iPad or the iPhone.
    Many people say the PC has an advantage, well, it also has disadvantages as it should be pretty hard to master and it's basically only good for Race, or in 2Fast's situation, Tricky Tiles.
    I believe all device's are equal as they all have their advantages and, of course, disadvantages.
    It basically comes down to 'Master your device!' XD
    Last edited by Xee; 01-28-2014 at 01:19 AM.
    Check out my youtube channel!, XeeCuRve Graal. Feel free to Private message me your questions/concerns or if you just want to have a chat on Graal.
    Username: Xee+CuRve
    Thanks!

Androids are not good for events. Graal needs some more refining from Eurocenter on the Android client. My Galaxy S4 played Era worse than my iPhone 4. Good thing I have a 5S now..

Can confirm, have an Android device
    Quote Originally Posted by iHot View Post
    Androids are not good for events. Graal needs some more refining from Eurocenter on the Android client.
    I think it depends on your pc power. I mean I do amazing at events when I'm on my pc. I'm an extreme PC nerd so I won't try to over-complicate things.
    These are things that depend on the "lag" during events, video games, etc.

CPU: Your PC's brain. If you play with a 1GHz dual core (2 brains) cpu, it's gonna be the same speed and outcome as a regular smartphone.
    I have a 2.1 GHz Quad core (4 brains) cpu and it's amazing, but it's a middle class on the average PC gaming side.

GPU: Your PC's artistic talent! I have no idea what the statistics are on a smartphone, my bad.
    That's just a fact sorry, I have a 712 Mb GPU and that's a middle class type.

RAM: The thing when your PC needs something and quick! This is pretty important but too much like 16 GB or more is overkill. Most games use around 4 GB or RAM, I have 6 GB so I got that going for me which is nice.
    Steam:MeatyRod

whoever has the faster internet wins.