Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: To whoever designed these forums:

To whoever designed these forums:

I guess the lot of you can't handle constructive criticism very well. As much as I heard unjustified censorship was a problem on these forums, I didn't want to believe it seeing as this is a forum for an iPhone game, but wow, physically removing a thread (not even soft-deleting it) without any reasoning from whichever moderator deleted it? Were neutral words too much for you moderators to handle? Yeah, whatever, edit this part out mods if you wish but I'm trying to help you guys out here so this site isn't obnoxious to browse. The sole purpose of this subforum is geared towards taking suggestions to make the site a better place and my thread - breaking absolutely no forum rules at all - gets deleted. I'm willing to bet this one will too. Again, feel free to delete this segment if you wish but I'm trying to give you helpful criticism with happier diction so the mods won't feel offended.

The website's color scheme is not good. It doesn't fit Era's theme and does the viewer no justice in terms of readability. Purple does not mesh well with yellow, and yellow is too visible and reaching to the human eye that it's a pain to see on a darker-colored background, especially when bordered around white. While the lot of you may be used to it, it's painful to see coming off a forum with an easier color scheme, even if it be rather simple like blue and white. Yellow and maroon does not look good, it's not functional, and it needs to go.

Organize your subforums. Every branch of a subforum does not need to be viewable to the reader; hide the sub-subforums so the sections look much cleaner to view; it's only one click away in terms of functionality and the ones that need to be hidden are rarely visited in the first place.

Change your header bars. The bars have terribly inverted gradients with the background, and these with a one-pixel border aren't appealing at all. It's a basic, default theme with VBulletin and it looks like no effort was put into it in the slightest. This isn't 2004, gradients do not look good anymore. Simple as that. Have a graphics site member design an actual background for the website as opposed to having a plain background so the site will actually have some flavor to it. It's bland, and it's boring.

There you have it. Fix it, and make these forums not an eyesore. See the example in the official Graal forums; they look ugly as hell. See the example in Graalians; strive towards that.
    You know who I am, and I don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Shingeki View Post
    I guess the lot of you can't handle constructive criticism very well. As much as I heard unjustified censorship was a problem on these forums, I didn't want to believe it seeing as this is a forum for an iPhone game, but wow, physically removing a thread (not even soft-deleting it) without any reasoning from whichever moderator deleted it? Were neutral words too much for you moderators to handle? Yeah, whatever, edit this part out mods if you wish but I'm trying to help you guys out here so this site isn't obnoxious to browse. The sole purpose of this subforum is geared towards taking suggestions to make the site a better place and my thread - breaking absolutely no forum rules at all - gets deleted. I'm willing to bet this one will too. Again, feel free to delete this segment if you wish but I'm trying to give you helpful criticism with happier diction so the mods won't feel offended.

The website's color scheme is not good. It doesn't fit Era's theme and does the viewer no justice in terms of readability. Purple does not mesh well with yellow, and yellow is too visible and reaching to the human eye that it's a pain to see on a darker-colored background, especially when bordered around white. While the lot of you may be used to it, it's painful to see coming off a forum with an easier color scheme, even if it be rather simple like blue and white. Yellow and maroon does not look good, it's not functional, and it needs to go.

Organize your subforums. Every branch of a subforum does not need to be viewable to the reader; hide the sub-subforums so the sections look much cleaner to view; it's only one click away in terms of functionality and the ones that need to be hidden are rarely visited in the first place.

Change your header bars. The bars have terribly inverted gradients with the background, and these with a one-pixel border aren't appealing at all. It's a basic, default theme with VBulletin and it looks like no effort was put into it in the slightest. This isn't 2004, gradients do not look good anymore. Simple as that. Have a graphics site member design an actual background for the website as opposed to having a plain background so the site will actually have some flavor to it. It's bland, and it's boring.

There you have it. Fix it, and make these forums not an eyesore. See the example in the official Graal forums; they look ugly as hell. See the example in Graalians; strive towards that.
    Don't mention graalians... The thread will be deleted.

Anyway the look of the website is just personal preference, not everyone will be happy but a plain sort of one doesn't look as bad as a more complex design that someone does not like if you see what I mean.

Right, censorship. I forgot.

I understand, I prefer minimalism myself, but this isn't the way to go about it. At least let us pick themes like it originally was.

Thank you @ whoever hid the subsections, now try to get someone to design a nice background for the site and we'll be all peachy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shingeki View Post
    Right, censorship. I forgot.

I understand, I prefer minimalism myself, but this isn't the way to go about it. At least let us pick themes like it originally was.
    That would be nice if we could choose themes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Greg View Post
    That would be nice if we could choose themes.
    You can choose forum skins in the settings menu, http://www.era-go.com/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions
    Questions? Concerns? Need help? Feel free to contact me anytime @
    PM me in game at nickname NiteprFire(YouTube Trades)

Quote Originally Posted by NiteprFire View Post
    You can choose forum skins in the settings menu, http://www.era-go.com/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions
    Is there a way to make it more easily accessible? I don't think many people even knew that option was there.

There's one other theme and it's awfully pixelated.

close your eyes on the forums if you dont like it lol
    I do LPs (lets plays) of many video games on almost every console, including Graal Era on ios! New Videos are added daily! Comment, thumbs up and subscribe! Each of those will help my channel grow and increase the consumer quality you all enjoy!
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/SpyN64
    (feel free to contact me through email or graal era regarding my youtube channel or things on graal. ALL feedback is accepted.)
    Email- [email protected]

Or just leave. Permanently.
     Spoiler