Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: On top-tier gun imbalance:

Quote Originally Posted by {2Fast}* View Post
    Staff can, just not make the weapons overpowered or underpowered. Ironic right? Jobs, nothing can be done while guns can be saved right now.
    Oh? Elaborate on how we can fix the gun balancing scenario without breaking pricing and subsequently pissing off the previous owners of the weapons who had either grinded endless hours for or paid USD for?

Quote Originally Posted by W R A T H View Post
    Pay2Win has been and always will be the future of online gaming
    Maybe the future of broken games, which iEra at its current state is. Look at the most successful online games and see if members get huge advantages for paying - hint: they don't (and iOS "games" don't count).
    You know who I am, and I don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Shingeki View Post

Maybe the future of broken games, which iEra at its current state is. Look at the most successful online games and see if members get huge advantages for paying - hint: they don't (and iOS "games" don't count).
     Spoiler

Veteran
    Well, they may always apply gralat refunds WHEN A WEAPON IS TEMPERED WITH not when players would like to.

Doubt they will. Players would still be unsatisfied for the most part.

It truly sucks are gun admins are crap and can not figure out a proper nerf for a 200k gun. Blitzsam says hes trying to find a proper nerf, when really he just sits in start or complex all day talking to his friends on his regular account.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooface View Post
    It truly sucks are gun admins are crap and can not figure out a proper nerf for a 200k gun. Blitzsam says hes trying to find a proper nerf, when really he just sits in start or complex all day talking to his friends on his regular account.
    Lol xD
    Live your life, enjoy it while it lasts. Don't give it up when you are down, you are a light like the stars in a sky.

Smaller clip and longer reload on Bar is a proper nerf

Join the Confederacy.... Feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Confederate States of Era!!

Remember the days when Shipka was nearly the only gun used in era? It was the dominate gun of era. It even competed with BAR. This was the time when era's gun balance and gameplay was practically broken. Having the freeze rate of an M4 with ridiculous rate of fire. Having the highest clip size in the game with fast reload time. It was poorly balanced to define era's way of pay2win. If not by (the more expensive, the better) but how cheap the gun was in combat. Pick up a shipka, then tear down enemies. It wasn't that hard to use at that time. Once the Shipka user got the bottom area in spar, it would be very likely that they won already.

The point here is that, guns shouldn't become so OP to the point that it completely breaks the gameplay and balance of era. As long as guns have a notable weakness and if they can be countered in someway, it's acceptable. Era is at the point of "Balance these weapons with caution".
    BabyGhost

Currently in college. Retired from era.

Guns Reviewer

So you're telling me, given the mass complaints from players and daily threads about overpowered weapons with a huge public outcry for change, that's Era is balanced in its current state?

What you aren't seeing in the gameplay of Era isn't "guns counter other guns", it's "the higher skilled player wins". There isn't enough room in the mechanics of each individual weapon to say that top-tier weapons themselves have exploitable flaws, but rather players capitalizing on other players' mistakes - and that's okay, but that's not where the problem lies. The problem lies in guns that are overall statistically better than other guns to the point where it completely outclasses other guns in terms of performance, as well as the fact that the top-tier weapons' advantages completely eclipse their so-called "weaknesses". And that's okay too, given the price differences, but when the price gap between tiers is so astronomically big to the point where the vast majority of owners have opted to USD, that's when balancing becomes an issue. Having these guns be noticeably stronger than others in all aspects is fine - if and only if the price margins stat realistic with acceptable diminishing returns. Given, there are diminishing returns in pricing, but when the gap between weapons like the BAR and something like the MP40 are so big, it's not even worth mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Shingeki View Post
    So you're telling me, given the mass complaints from players and daily threads about overpowered weapons with a huge public outcry for change, that's Era is balanced in its current state?

What you aren't seeing in the gameplay of Era isn't "guns counter other guns", it's "the higher skilled player wins". There isn't enough room in the mechanics of each individual weapon to say that top-tier weapons themselves have exploitable flaws, but rather players capitalizing on other players' mistakes - and that's okay, but that's not where the problem lies. The problem lies in guns that are overall statistically better than other guns to the point where it completely outclasses other guns in terms of performance, as well as the fact that the top-tier weapons' advantages completely eclipse their so-called "weaknesses". And that's okay too, given the price differences, but when the price gap between tiers is so astronomically big to the point where the vast majority of owners have opted to USD, that's when balancing becomes an issue. Having these guns be noticeably stronger than others in all aspects is fine - if and only if the price margins stat realistic with acceptable diminishing returns. Given, there are diminishing returns in pricing, but when the gap between weapons like the BAR and something like the MP40 are so big, it's not even worth mentioning.
    Hes right lol, 100% hes right
    Live your life, enjoy it while it lasts. Don't give it up when you are down, you are a light like the stars in a sky.