Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Repeated healing should have some punishment

Development Team
    I thought about this specific thread while pking today. I've come to an idea that would make a lot angry, but repeated healing has become outrageously popular.
    This would apply for food only, limit the amount of food consumable by the minute.. Say 10 food for 2 minutes which is pretty reasonable. This would limit the food, but kind of out a cap on it. Healing staffs and wands remain the same though.
    -* MOON

#Moontatorship

Maybe no flag room if u enter until u die or u owner, no exit i mean, Or a fat meter. No, seriously, reach too high, u die.If u die, it resets. LOL no seriously.
    Last edited by Ventus; 03-24-2014 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Merged posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    Or a fat meter. No, seriously, reach too high, u die.If u die, it resets. LOL no seriously
    Lmao i love that idea, just instead of dying when you eat too much, you become slower, little bit faster than when poisoned by gas bombs, fatness lasts for 5mins after eating more than 15 food within 5minutes, and to get rid of it you need to go to the era gym and run on the treadmill for 30 secounds

Happier, gratefully. Kamiroo Wolf's Avatar
    No. There shouldn't consequence to healing while basing or pking. New weapons s are added every month and new tactics are born every day. People need ways to compete and repeated healing.
    Seriously, it's just cruel o.e
    "'An old friend of ours dared me to try and play God...' Mak craned his neck, the advisors and guardsmen in his wake suddenly alert at their charge's blatant discontent.

He stood with a confidence we had never known him to possess, the bright orange trim of his ivory sleeves dangling so far from the scrawny arms folded behind his back that we thought the robe adorning his body might blow away completely in the winds that whipped around us.

'Little did they know I was born for the role.'"

nu NOOOOOOO NOOOO PUNISHMENT PLZZZZZZ

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    nu NOOOOOOO NOOOO PUNISHMENT PLZZZZZZ
    I take it you heal a bunch?
    ShadeS.*
    #Moontatorship

I don't think healing should be hotkeyed. But that's just one of many things that I believe ruin basing.
    I feel sorry for this new generation. They don't experience the awesome raids I experienced back when.

Whenever I explain how Basing was in 2002-2006 PC Era to this generation, they're like, "Mind, Blown."

We didn't have gang points, we didn't have a capture point. These things weren't necessary because each gang had a base to defend, and that was the proving grounds for gang superiority. Taking over an opposing gang's base simply meant being there, PKing them. "If you want your base back, come get it." was the general mentality. Nothing says "I'm better than you" like sitting in your gang's lobby, PKing your members upon entry.

Often times gangs would switch the battle up by saying, "Okay, we'll we're going to raid your base now. Have fun in ours." The focus would then shift from attacking to defending. The good gangs were able to effectively do both simultaneously. Those of us that were good at leading would break our raid up: send half of the members to defend, while the others remain raiding. We'd win both battles.

Bases also had at least two entrances-- most had three: A main door, a garage door, and a sewer entrance. This gave gangs alternate ways to approach the situation: they could go full-force from one angle, or to tactfully go in waves from all angles in the effort to attack. Also, raiding or defending required members to be scattered throughout the base to cover all entrances from incoming threat.

It was all about tactics- this also gave lesser members to show initiative by leading a raid in the absence of a leader. Through respect for fellow members, modesty, active participation in gang activity, loyalty, and by demonstrating these qualities to lead a gang to victory in their own right, members earned their rank-ups.

Also, we didn't have healing items- if you got low on health, each gang base had a heal room with beds for you to heal in. If you were raiding/defending, and you got low in health, you depended on your fellow gang members to hold down the fight while you went to heal. You would then go back to the fight and if necessary, relieve your teammate by holding it down while he went to heal. Once again, it was leadership, and the use of tactics that dictated victory or defeat.

And when they died, they would be warped back to the hospital, and have to sit in a bed for 40 seconds to fully heal before walking back to the base. This meant they had 40 seconds to think about how they just got their *** kicked, plus the commute back to the base. It was all mental- To go back and suffer the same defeat again and again forced people to try and devise better ways to approach it, and leaders specifically to devise alternative ways to organize the raid/base recovery to save face for their gang's reputation.

These simplistic dynamics made basing ten-fold more exciting than it is now. Nowadays Basing lacks this level of intricacy. There's no planning- it's "go in, take the chest, protect it." This goal provides no wiggle room- no way of altering how somebody approaches it. It's cut and dry, and gets old quick. It kills PKing- People care more about protecting the chest than PKing, and it's because of this that gangs have divided themselves into either "Basing Gangs"(The protect-the-hive mentality) or "Sparring Gangs"(The mentality of applying skill for victory). The simplistic gang system we had in the past blended the two -- Basing meant people raided and defended bases through the application of PK skill.

The best gangs were the ones with the best leadership: after all, it's the leaders who dictated their member list. Adding an effective group of 10 good PKers could have taken on 50 so/so PKers with ease.

It also used to require more practice and finesse to be considered a good PKer. Guns back then had more freeze to them, so spamming bullets wasn't an effective strategy, because your movement was more impeded. It was the mastery of timing that equated to PK skill: weighing out when the best time to fire a shot(taking the freeze into consideration) against taking the chance to dodge bullets. Performing both tasks effectively is what made somebody a good fighter. There was no easy way out.

These, my friends, were the good ol' days.
    Last edited by Meph; 03-26-2014 at 10:45 PM.

A good way of looking at it Meph, I'll agree the hotkeying of food blew most of that experience. I miss when you would only go into the menu to heal after the battle was over and your team was cheering in victory. Now it's just the same repetitive fighting.
    Please message me here: http://www.era-go.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=79 if you have any questions or concerns!

Welcome to Era-Go, a way to better interact with the Era community!

Oddly enough, I found healing to be a type of skill to be developed before the hotkeys of healing came in. You had to be good at multitasking as you scramble through the menu to heal yourself. That said though, it was poorly balanced between players. Players with larger inventories were at a disadvantage due to the inability to properly store your items for a cleaner inventory. Tablet users were also able to open their inventory while moving around. Players with smaller devices cannot do this as the menu covers their entire screen. Meaning their character will stand still while the menu is active.

The hotkey was one way of fixing the unbalanced gameplay between different device users and players with cluttered inventories. Although it introduced a new type of unbalanced gameplay where:
    -Streaking is a lot easier
    -Basing is a food eating competition
    -Low tiered weapons cannot kill heal spammers (It's practically impossible! Low damage per second guns cannot out damage the heal rate of the healers)
    BabyGhost

Currently in college. Retired from era.

Guns Reviewer

punishment for healing thats dumb

i dont like wen i try to kill ppl and they run away to heal but ther shouldnt be punishment thats just dumb