Thread: Bar or Minigun

Which is even worth saving up for, I base a lot and pk

Both are worth saving for depends if you like lower freeze and less damage with a very high fire rate or high damage moderate freeze with a moderate fire rate
    Please message me here: http://www.era-go.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=79 if you have any questions or concerns!

Welcome to Era-Go, a way to better interact with the Era community!

i have both bar and minigun i prefer minigun i think it kills faster then bar and also they nerfed the bar down to 20 clip instead of 25

For basing I would say minigun. It is useful because you don't need to switch to melee to take the flag so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Greg View Post
    For basing I would say minigun. It is useful because you don't need to switch to melee to take the flag so much.
    Because it's super OP and will kill everyone in its path.
    Serious note- both are realllly good guns, it'd be up to the gun holders choice.

Despite the nerf, the BAR still remains the stronger out of the two if you were to put them against each other. BAR is better than minigun in sparring situations and for attacking bases. Minigun is better at overworld pking and is one of the best guns for defending bases.

Also on the topic of the minigun i've seen some people say it's the same as the flamethrower and i'd just like to clarify that it isn't really. Flame is still the stronger of the two as it does the same damage as minigun aswell as burn and flame damage, burn is 1 damage a secound for a small period and flame is an extra 3-4 damage, I can't remember. Also flame doesn't have recoil which can be a disadvantage to the mini if trying to defend a hallway, and no spread which again helps with accurately killing people through doorways in bases or any small gaps.

Its mostly what your used to. I have used M4 since 2010 (Dug That Baby Up!) and since then have never thought of using a different gun.

Moral: Its all about how well you handle the gun, not as much how much money you spend on the gun.
    Moral 2:I am really good.
    Moral 3:Haha I said oral!... ._.
    Im sitting On The Fence On This Because I had bought the Steam Punk Pistol one time because it was Over Powered, but it was very obvious it was overpowered (no freeze and 8 dmg. with fast firing rate...)

I am not sure If I am any help, but good luck with your circumcision!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Beard View Post
    Its mostly what your used to. I have used M4 since 2010 (Dug That Baby Up!) and since then have never thought of using a different gun.

Moral: Its all about how well you handle the gun, not as much how much money you spend on the gun.
    Moral 2:I am really good.
    Moral 3:Haha I said oral!... ._.
    Im sitting On The Fence On This Because I had bought the Steam Punk Pistol one time because it was Over Powered, but it was very obvious it was overpowered (no freeze and 8 dmg. with fast firing rate...)

I am not sure If I am any help, but good luck with your circumcision!
    I don't think that is what the thread is about.

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    Despite the nerf, the BAR still remains the stronger out of the two if you were to put them against each other. BAR is better than minigun in sparring situations and for attacking bases. Minigun is better at overworld pking and is one of the best guns for defending bases.

Also on the topic of the minigun i've seen some people say it's the same as the flamethrower and i'd just like to clarify that it isn't really. Flame is still the stronger of the two as it does the same damage as minigun aswell as burn and flame damage, burn is 1 damage a secound for a small period and flame is an extra 3-4 damage, I can't remember. Also flame doesn't have recoil which can be a disadvantage to the mini if trying to defend a hallway, and no spread which again helps with accurately killing people through doorways in bases or any small gaps.
    Well, in sparring solutions, Guns don't really matter. It's all about the skill. So I wouldn't say that bar is better than mini in spar. Also, no spread could be a disadvantage sometimes, it's actually really easy to spam a no spread gun since you can easily predict where the bullet is going by looking at the player.
    Questions? Don't be afraid to message me.

Big Cheese
    The BAR would be a bad choice, friend; the Minigun is OP, and instead of focusing on nerfing the BAR, the GAs shall nerf the minigun, as it's even the superior weapon when u compare it to the flamethrower. I mean, sure, the flamethrower has a bigger killing box, but it shoots in a straight line, making it easy to dodge; the minigun, on the other hand, has spread, and a higher fire rate. Anyways, I went off-topic. Go for a minigun;Ii tried it on a friend's account, and it can get you double the kills a BAR can get you, unless you're more of a baser, then i would say you should go for a metalstorm.