Thread: GFX Question

GFX Question

Hi, I've been playing era for quite awhile now, and I started to make guns recently. Is it possible to make the stock of the gun the first layer, the gun itself the second, and the players arm the third? This way the stock will go under the shoulder instead of over it, which I always thought was weird.

I'm not a PR anymore but you should just make the gun itself. Once that is done it will then be Gani'd. If you don't know what that is, it's just frames of animation for the sprite to work and look good in game.

For example: There is reload, fire, walk, and idle with guns. So with GraalShop (program downloaded from GraalV6 which is located at Graalonline.com) you would import the sprite (your gun in this case), and place it where it would go on the body. Understand?
    Roaming.

This belongs in the Graphic Design sub, but I think that is all made by gani art.
    In-game name: Redrust

I know, what I'm saying is that in some guns such as the m4, the stock goes over the shoulder. So I was wondering if it was possible to put the stock in another layer so that it goes under.

Quote Originally Posted by OCTO View Post
    I know, what I'm saying is that in some guns such as the m4, the stock goes over the shoulder. So I was wondering if it was possible to put the stock in another layer so that it goes under.
    There is no need to make another layer so that the stock is underneath. That is what gani is for, it is placed wherever by whoever is gani'ing the sprite.
    Roaming.

Quote Originally Posted by ShizGodsu View Post
    That is what gani is for, it is placed wherever by whoever is gani'ing the sprite.
    Oh, I see now, sorry. Understood.