Thread: eras filters gone bad?

eras filters gone bad?

i could post this in improvements but i simply want to ask some people first.. is it just me, or are the era filters broken? When ever typing a long msg i have to copy just in case, so that the filters dont delete my msg... And funny thing is its not like im saying anything bad... A simple statement such as: "dang, you got ripped off" is bad according to era. This is only 1 i remember there are many more and its annoying!
    Hey, I'm Unknown

I think the filter should block out bad phrases instead of ruin your entire sentence, because if you don't use a rude word intentionally you can at least see what the filter is flagging.

Its odd.. I agree with you.. you deserve to know what the filter blocks out
    Hey, I'm Unknown

Communications Support xcloudx97's Avatar
    It's not broken.
    I know it's annoying when your message doesn't get sent when there is no intended vulgarities,racism and what so.
    However you should take note that we have children playing the game so the chat filter is very strict
    "dang, you got ripped off" , "if u can,come to my house" , these sentences may look completely normal to you.
    But what the system detects is,
    "dang, you got ripped off" , "if u can,come to my house"
    What you can do is add a slash and you should be able to bypass the filter.
    Be benevolent and tolerate with the filter system,after all it's intentions are good.

Drop me a message if you have any queries.
    Please be specific,i won't bite.

Support center:support.toonslab.com
    New to the forums? Here's a guide!:http://era-go.com/forum/showthread.p...for-newcomers!

If you think about it, people are still evading the swear filter. They just use diffferent letters. Such as these. Èáôłñ
    Welcome to the forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran2820 View Post
    If you think about it, people are still evading the swear filter. They just use diffferent letters. Such as these. Èáôłñ
    Pretty much. Or they just spell it like how you sound it out.

Technically you are saying because of one hundred 11 yo kids we cant say anything? Saying something like "if u can" is bad? Ok fine i can avoid that one by saying you instead of u but still isnt this a bit too strict? I bet these kids avoid the filters using àèì... Why bother making it so strict?

Blocking the flagged keywords is the way to go in my opinion, that's how most games do it.

Communications Support xcloudx97's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iShadow View Post
    Technically you are saying because of one hundred 11 yo kids we cant say anything? Saying something like "if u can" is bad? Ok fine i can avoid that one by saying you instead of u but still isnt this a bit too strict? I bet these kids avoid the filters using àèì... Why bother making it so strict?
    Just because these "kids" are bypassing them,doesn't mean everyone is.
    The filter is meant to keep players safe and not exposed.
    We have 8 to 30+ year olds playing the game,it's only selfish if you don't spare a thought to the young ones.
    They bother to have such a strict system,Reason being they want players to not use inappropriate words or swearing as much as possible

Drop me a message if you have any queries.
    Please be specific,i won't bite.

Support center:support.toonslab.com
    New to the forums? Here's a guide!:http://era-go.com/forum/showthread.p...for-newcomers!