Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Weapon Nerfs and balance

Weapon Nerfs and balance

I would like to have mature discussion about weapon nerfs if that's possible. Alot of top tier weapons have been nerfed recently. I know this has been discussed plenty of times but it's getting to the point I feel "ripped off". A 200k gun cost $80 or an extreme amount of time digging. Or exceptional trading skills. I would say 90% of people with the weapons that have taken nerfs recently spent money. People spending money are the ones supporting era. Without paying customers it wouldn't exist. I feel little thought is given into this and certain admins don't fully comprehend balancing. Most mmos don't make changes this drastic. Just my opinion and hopefully some of the nerfed weapons can be fixed or some buff added. Support this thread if you agree.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxwashere View Post
    I would like to have mature discussion about weapon nerfs if that's possible. Alot of top tier weapons have been nerfed recently. I know this has been discussed plenty of times but it's getting to the point I feel "ripped off". A 200k gun cost $80 or an extreme amount of time digging. Or exceptional trading skills. I would say 90% of people with the weapons that have taken nerfs recently spent money. People spending money are the ones supporting era. Without paying customers it wouldn't exist. I feel little thought is given into this and certain admins don't fully comprehend balancing. Most mmos don't make changes this drastic. Just my opinion and hopefully some of the nerfed weapons can be fixed or some buff added. Support this thread if you agree.
    100% agree. I'm unsure about purchasing new weapons because it seems that every weapon never ends up as the weapon in the description. I've said it before and I'll say it again, guns admins need to spend more time testing and carefully considering weapons. Like the mini gun, wtf was that???? Even from the description you could tell the gun was unreal, though I have never used it myself. So people buy up the mini guns, because damn, its one hell of a weapon. Admins realize the negative effect it has on base/pk/spar because it was incredibly overpowered, and nerf it. In my opinion, nerfs should not be an option. Either work and think hard to produce a balanced weapon or create an underpowered weapon which is subject to buff, that way you're saying "It only gets better from here" rather than "This weapon is really good now but will probably be reduced to an overpriced piece of junk whenever we deem that way of action necessary". Nerfs basically trick us into buying weapons. You lie in the descriptions and the original stats you put out, because those stats are usually significantly reduced soon after. Yes, many use USD and yes they should be aware that they'll spending money on a game but you're selling lies in the form of guns. Either put some work in to create a balanced gun, or under power then buff, because letting players buy a gun for a set price and then giving them a different gun than the one they originally purchased is really deceitful.

Have a nice day

- - - Updated - - -

To that end, improvements have been made. It was very responsible and considerate of Bitz Sam to consult the community before nerfing the GM4, that was a much better route than random nerfs. However, there is still definitely mixed bias among the players, split between those who own the op gun and like how good it is, and the victims of the op weapon who are tired of getting pked by it. Props for asking the players tho, on account of the GM4 nerf.
    premature premonition

Veteran
    I hear wh64 was nerfed, one of the owners was ranting about it to me.
    There's a new gun called a reaper, and it annihilated my FOG in spar, had no chance.

It had 2 modes too, i'll try and find the owner and screenshot/video record him using it.
    2005. BTK, Jin Dynasty.

Bump

i think that we pay graal real money and it scams us. admins should think more about weapons stats before it comes out and they SHOULD NOT change stats after it came out

IGN: SashaGryg/Skype: sashagrygprovych
    Ask for help and you will receive

Game should be called Graal "The scam" Era
    Like seriously i don't go one day without seeing someone say "scammed, scam, or i got scammed or scammer!".

Quote Originally Posted by Mrpibbgraal View Post
    Game should be called Graal "The scam" Era
    Like seriously i don't go one day without seeing someone say "scammed, scam, or i got scammed or scammer!".
    Yep "the scam" will defo look good on the receipt

Or maybe switch to m4, or any of the other balanced guns, and take the time to get better instead of buying/using $80 guns. If you can't you can keep moping around
    http://maidendarkness.deviantart.com/art/Gin-Ichimaru-Signature-283794110
    Kamishini no yari

Quote Originally Posted by Obey Optications View Post
    I hear wh64 was nerfed, one of the owners was ranting about it to me.
    There's a new gun called a reaper, and it annihilated my FOG in spar, had no chance.

It had 2 modes too, i'll try and find the owner and screenshot/video record him using it.
    I think they should reward 20k or 15 EC for the users of player shop guns worth over 160k and got nerfed to players who had it for more then 2 months.

Also, I believe nerfing an auction gun is just wrong. You end up paying heavily over or if lucky you receive it for cheap but still....chances to win are small and if it is nerfed you lose easily USD. The WH64 for example maybe only 13-14 players have it and all of them agreed for it to be literally useless now for everything.

I think it is fair for auction players who are victim of a nerf should receive the chance to trade their gun for something else.

But, don't get jelly and release a gun Think about it, test it out and be "100% confident" Then you can release a gun because the guns getting nerfed aren't cheap. And yes sometimes players get annoyed by the power of gm4 or other guns but, hey!! It should be better as the prize is much more than the opponents' cheapy m4...Deal with it!

Newcomer
    adiams b liek ....wot evah