Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: An (MOST LIKELY section-appropriate) Idea I Dug Up from My Past

Post An (MOST LIKELY section-appropriate) Idea I Dug Up from My Past

(Taken and slightly edited from my old "The Sewers" thread)

On Era PC, there was a sprawling sewer system that served no purpose aside from a way to travel without being tracked on the map.

Why not add our own sewers, and put some meat on it as well?

Basically, the sewer is where the most unruly of degenerates have taken refuge, and have formed a strange community of deformed, insane individuals who can trace their lineage back to outcasts of the surface world. Various vendors peddle scavenged hats and questionable items in little caves dug out in the sides of the foul smelling waterways. To most people, the strange, scary and occasionally unethical things that happen down there are little more than urban legend.

The sewer-dwellers have strict rules, and the players is assumed to follow them. These rules are simple- no firearms, because they are loud and often frighten the unusual inhabitants of the underground civilization. No outside money, as oddly enough the sewer dwellers are frightened of anything produced by the civilization above their heads. And finally, outsiders are considered unclean and are treated with respect only when they bring "money" to the black market economy.

So what exactly is used for money here? Blood, flesh and bone. The sewer dwellers are cannibals that trade only in body parts. Except bone. Bone is used for tools and weapons, like metal is back in the world of the usual and mundane, rather than eaten.

So what am I suggesting? A new town in the sewers, where only melee weapons are allowed and things are... Unusual and almost horrifying. And maybe some new melee weapons, to balance out with the powerful stuff people can already bring in. This can be a major project to work on after some of the other big things like countryside are out of the way.

Ex. Player Relations Admi RenoDorvay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazerlatte View Post
    (Taken and slightly edited from my old "The Sewers" thread)

On Era PC, there was a sprawling sewer system that served no purpose aside from a way to travel without being tracked on the map.

Why not add our own sewers, and put some meat on it as well?

Basically, the sewer is where the most unruly of degenerates have taken refuge, and have formed a strange community of deformed, insane individuals who can trace their lineage back to outcasts of the surface world. Various vendors peddle scavenged hats and questionable items in little caves dug out in the sides of the foul smelling waterways. To most people, the strange, scary and occasionally unethical things that happen down there are little more than urban legend.

The sewer-dwellers have strict rules, and the players is assumed to follow them. These rules are simple- no firearms, because they are loud and often frighten the unusual inhabitants of the underground civilization. No outside money, as oddly enough the sewer dwellers are frightened of anything produced by the civilization above their heads. And finally, outsiders are considered unclean and are treated with respect only when they bring "money" to the black market economy.

So what exactly is used for money here? Blood, flesh and bone. The sewer dwellers are cannibals that trade only in body parts. Except bone. Bone is used for tools and weapons, like metal is back in the world of the usual and mundane, rather than eaten.

So what am I suggesting? A new town in the sewers, where only melee weapons are allowed and things are... Unusual and almost horrifying. And maybe some new melee weapons, to balance out with the powerful stuff people can already bring in. This can be a major project to work on after some of the other big things like countryside are out of the way.
    I like this I'll write it down to discuss sometime. Though I think there'd have to be guns.
    Legal threats should go through the support center.

Ex. iEra Player Relations Admin - Oceania/Asia. 2011-2017.
    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man.” — Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by RenoDorvay View Post
    I like this I'll write it down to discuss sometime. Though I think there'd have to be guns.
    Hmm... Then at least put some illegal contraband down there. Not necessarily drugs, but things that would be illegal in the lore of Era. Which means, it's time to compile a list of what things in the city are considered illegal ooh boy this'll be fun

Hmm... Then at least put some illegal contraband down there. Not necessarily drugs, but things that would be illegal in the lore of Era. Which means, it's time to compile a list of what things in the city are considered illegal ooh boy this'll be fun
    Fraudulent EC, or fake guns lol

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man.” — Mark Twain

Okay so here are some things you could find down in the sewers that are illegal

Spoiler
    -Moonshine
    -Alcoholic drinks with high alcohol content
    -Super sugary candy
    -Energy drinks with high caffeine content
    -Untraceable firearms (cheap and unique temporary weapons? )
    -Tools that can make you richer faster
    -Alcoholic drinks made from distilled blood
    -Milspec equipment and vehicles
    -Experimental weapons
    -Forged liscense to pk in no-pk areas (enables pking others with it in no pk areas)
    -Concealed weapons (required to pk in no-pk areas with forged liscense)
    -Tamed pet zombies maybe?
    -Hacking devices used for some sort of hacking minigame job perhaps?

Any of that sound good?

I think since graal still carries the 12+game tag we should drop alcohol uh.
    Mainly on Era-Go,so if you're wanting to talk to me about a subject,shoot me a message or you could even private message me in-game!
    Always have a fun time,even when you're not!

Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    Haven't you seen the new gfx littered around? Beer is literally everywhere in iEra right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    We should drop all specific references to alcohol yes

Quote Originally Posted by RenoDorvay View Post
    We should drop all specific references to alcohol yes
    Well okay

But I still want drinkable human blood in some form. Perhaps not only in the form of a healing item, but maybe it could give a buff that makes your melee attacks restore health.

Well okay

But I still want drinkable human blood in some form. Perhaps not only in the form of a healing item, but maybe it could give a buff that makes your melee attacks restore health.
    Uhhh.... Clear water perhaps? Or maybe beer?
    This is my face when i care ◎_◎