Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucky Draw at theatre

Happier, gratefully. Kamiroo Wolf's Avatar
    Most of those dinks in the theatre don't fhucking need those! And most of the ppl who did get don't even want .-.
    "'An old friend of ours dared me to try and play God...' Mak craned his neck, the advisors and guardsmen in his wake suddenly alert at their charge's blatant discontent.

He stood with a confidence we had never known him to possess, the bright orange trim of his ivory sleeves dangling so far from the scrawny arms folded behind his back that we thought the robe adorning his body might blow away completely in the winds that whipped around us.

'Little did they know I was born for the role.'"

So far this dagger being drawn soon has been the prize 4 times now
    Graal Since 2009
    Experienced Levels Artist, Graphics Artist, Gani Artist
    Any questions? Feel free to ask!
    In-Game Name: MSM
    Email: [email protected]

Ok you don't know much. 5 sabers, 1 gas gun, and 1 flamethrower have been raffled off.

Just because it sucks, doesn't mean it's not rare.

Saber is more of an item that is respected because its hard to earn. Everyone's goal in events is to eventually get a saber. All of that has been destroyed because of this god damned raffle. And it will stay screwed up, unless the sabers and other 100 ec items that were given out, are taken back and replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by 3.X View Post
    This is how a mod acts :/ Like come on dude I had respect for you now Im not sure
    Lmfao he's (removed insult), if i were him id quit being a mod cause (removed insult)
    Last edited by jeni; 08-26-2013 at 01:14 AM. Reason: no insults please

Quote Originally Posted by iHot View Post
    One guy isn't gonna make a difference. It was ONE event. Saber sucks anyway.
    You're right, the saber sucks. It's been nerfed several times to make the deflect useless, so it became a trophy displaying countless hours of patience, practice, and devotion. Well, now it depreciated into just another melee, as it's value as a trophy is gone too. It hasn't been given out just once, it's been given out 5 times and counting. Try to view this situation from the perspective of an event player, and maybe you'll understand why several of us are here arguing that it's unfair. I've already stated my argument about why it's unfair, so if you can support you're premise that this raffle "isn't gonna make a difference" then please do so.

Another thing, before you continue to ***** about how we're being selfish: put yourself in our shoes. We've put ourselves in yours; we started out unable to win events too. But guess what? We got over it.

We've been told it was ok for them to nerf it multiple times because it's a trophy. We lived with that. But now it isn't a trophy- trophies are given to people who have accomplished something, they aren't given out to any and everyone.

They've accomplished something, lol. They accomplished a chance-based event in which hundreds of people likely entered. Your "skill" with events to their "luck" with a drawing. And it's not like there are a hundred people with it now. 5 have been raffled off. Woopty-f'ing-do. If you look at it in an intelligent matter, you've both accomplished the same thing. You both got a virtual item. What did you both do to get it? You tapped on a screen with your fingers. How much does that item really matter to either of your lives? It doesn't. Quit *****ing.

It's not a trophy. It's a sign of how much you actually care about a video game. How much time you wasted getting something that doesn't matter. It's also a sign of just how stupid you can really be. You're actually sitting here and complaining about someone else's joy? Because it's not fair to you? That's exactly what a 3 year old does when another kid has more than them. They go whine to mom and dad about stuff being unfair.

This is a game, not your life. If it were my choice, all non-cosmetic items would be bought with gralats, and rarity would be measured by how you look, what hat you have, what clothes you have, what VIP items you have. Or maybe even what non-weapon item you have. That way, everyone could have fun, with a BIT of effort. Not hundreds of hours of working for a stupid item that's completely worthless except for bragging rights (the light sabers). Certain items would grant you access to special areas, achievements would have an actual point system (similar to the Xbox achievement system).

Rarity Depth would be measured like it is in Classic with hats and over-priced items. None of which would affect actual gameplay.

Some rarer weapons would be accessible through certain, small, difficult tasks and not hundreds of hours of grinding something that you'd get bored with after the 10th time of doing. Let's face it, events get kinda repetitive. There are only a couple with any kind of actual depth and variety.

There would be events, but they'd have actual variation. Not just "grab this and hope you live" or "shoot a bunch to win" or "run as fast as you can".

I wrote this in ten minutes, so, sorry that I didn't actually get detailed on what events I'd make or how exactly I plan on carrying out what I said. Hey, I'm one guy who came up with all this in ten minutes. There have been hundreds of people who made Era what it currently is over the span of several years.

Quote Originally Posted by Poorface View Post
    We've been told it was ok for them to nerf it multiple times because it's a trophy. We lived with that. But now it isn't a trophy- trophies are given to people who have accomplished something, they aren't given out to any and everyone.
    It's like one of those participation ribbons you get when you play soccer or baseball when your 5.

Quote Originally Posted by CoRR View Post
    They've accomplished something, lol. They accomplished a chance-based event in which hundreds of people likely entered. Your "skill" with events to their "luck" with a drawing. And it's not like there are a hundred people with it now. 5 have been raffled off. Woopty-f'ing-do. If you look at it in an intelligent matter, you've both accomplished the same thing. You both got a virtual item. What did you both do to get it? You tapped on a screen with your fingers. How much does that item really matter to either of your lives? It doesn't. Quit *****ing.

It's not a trophy. It's a sign of how much you actually care about a video game. How much time you wasted getting something that doesn't matter. It's also a sign of just how stupid you can really be. You're actually sitting here and complaining about someone else's joy? Because it's not fair to you? That's exactly what a 3 year old does when another kid has more than them. They go whine to mom and dad about stuff being unfair.

This is a game, not your life. If it were my choice, all non-cosmetic items would be bought with gralats, and rarity would be measured by how you look, what hat you have, what clothes you have, what VIP items you have. Or maybe even what non-weapon item you have. That way, everyone could have fun, with a BIT of effort. Not hundreds of hours of working for a stupid item that's completely worthless except for bragging rights (the light sabers). Certain items would grant you access to special areas, achievements would have an actual point system (similar to the Xbox achievement system).

Rarity Depth would be measured like it is in Classic with hats and over-priced items. None of which would affect actual gameplay.

Some rarer weapons would be accessible through certain, small, difficult tasks and not hundreds of hours of grinding something that you'd get bored with after the 10th time of doing. Let's face it, events get kinda repetitive. There are only a couple with any kind of actual depth and variety.

There would be events, but they'd have actual variation. Not just "grab this and hope you live" or "shoot a bunch to win" or "run as fast as you can".

I wrote this in ten minutes, so, sorry that I didn't actually get detailed on what events I'd make or how exactly I plan on carrying out what I said. Hey, I'm one guy who came up with all this in ten minutes. There have been hundreds of people who made Era what it currently is over the span of several years.
    Ok dude. Time to gtfo. Skill and luck is completely different. It's a game yes, but people care about it. Life is not fair. That is absolutely true and will remain that way unless we go back to communism. But this is a game. A game people take pride in, and something people care about. Hell, look at MLG(major league gaming). Games are the one place where idealism can take place, but there has to be a sense of fairness. Giving one of the most respected items in the game, to a bunch of random
    People, is the exact opposite of that.

Don't act like you know everything, when you don't. It was more fun when you saw someone with a saber, you knew they were one of the best at events. That was fun. Now, I see a kid with 200 hours who won a green saber,and his status is "I'm noob. 5/27 saving for AC cannon."Event items aren't event items anymore.

If you can't respect the people that have helped era grow and become a better game for many years, you should probably find a different game.

On a simpler note: we care. The people that know this game best, care.

So whoopity ****ing doo, to you too.