Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Base Doors

Base Doors

I can still remember that RedBoy786 brought up this issue about 2 years ago on Graalians.com and if my memory doesn't fail me, an admin mentioned that it is indeed impossible to solve the problem because it's a clients-server issue (hope I said the right term).

I'm having a hard time thinking of how I should phrase the sentence, but I'll try my best to make you understand.

The issue is that whenever a holding gang member enter the door, the door would stay opened for a while and hence the enemy's bullets would be able to pass through the door although the door is closed according to the enemy's screen.

Since there's no solution to this, I have came up with a "prevention", and that is to reduce the time taken for the doors to close after an occupying gang member has walked through to maybe, an instant.

One possible complain I can foretell that players will have is that there would be more "runners". Now honestly, I don't see any problem with running.

My question is, do you fight for success or for failure? Of course Success right? (Sorry for the Dora question) Escaping and healing is part of survival and definitely part of the game. Why would you want to take the risk if dying and possibly losing the base just for the sake of proving your "courage" to an online player who could be a 9 years old kid like my younger brother behind the screen?

Base doors should be closed immediately after you enter.
    “One day, you’re 17 and you’re planning for someday. And then quietly, without you ever really noticing, someday is today. And then someday is yesterday. And this is your life.”
    -One tree hill

Correct me if I'm wrong but this only applies for some bases?
    I don't see it as an issue really. It's all a part of basing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sycamore View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but this only applies for some bases?
    I don't see it as an issue really. It's all a part of basing.
    It applies for ALL BASES. This shows that you don't much often, don't say that you don't see it as an issue if you haven't experienced it.
    “One day, you’re 17 and you’re planning for someday. And then quietly, without you ever really noticing, someday is today. And then someday is yesterday. And this is your life.”
    -One tree hill

idk what this is
    Maybe admins could add a null object blocking players that are not of the gang?

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    It applies for ALL BASES. This shows that you don't much often, don't say that you don't see it as an issue if you haven't experienced it.
    okay?
    IGN: bizrr (Milk)

LOL are you saying in 2 years of my gameplay, I haven't experienced a door? that says something...

Quote Originally Posted by Sycamore View Post
    LOL are you saying in 2 years of my gameplay, I haven't experienced a door? that says something...
    Hmm maybe you didn't understand the problem since my Enlgish is so poor
    I'll try to dig for the old thread from RedBoy and post the link here.
    -One tree hill

Hmm maybe you didn't understand the problem since my Enlgish is so poor
    I'll try to dig for the old thread from RedBoy and post the link here.
    Okay that'd be nice =)

Or maybe the doors shouldn't even open for the gang who owns it, maybe just to warp passed the door but when the door is broken the properties should remain how they are.

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar
    I would say it's a Server and client side issue.
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"