Thread: CTF Lag

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar

Event Coin CTF Lag

As you are all aware, today seemed to be a big day for the era server.
    Over 4000 Players were online resulting in more lag for other users.
    However, despite all the mayhem Events were hosted and out of interest i decided to go.
    Predictably, Capture the Flag was hosted and due to the amount of Lag which players were receiving, it affected the Event performance and experience for us.
    Now before an Admin starts saying that players should just leave the event, I would like to point out how immature the current community is and how they will abuse the lag which has caused them to immune to all gunshots. Luckily, being immune to all shots means you can not shoot either, however Players use this to their advantage to promote there teams chances of winning the event by simply blocking there base door to ward off the other team from accessing the flag.
    Now you're probably going to say; "This has been brought up many times" etc
    Well It would not have to be brought up if something was actually done. It has been an on-going problem which has been abandoned by the staff team.
    I understand how busy you are and I greatly thank you for every new update you have released to the community, but this problem has been going on for more than a year.

Lets take a look at the rules:

Abusing glitches/bugs - exploiting or taking advantage of glitches that are not part of normal gameplay (lag glitching, glitching into otherwise inaccessible areas, etc), bugs within GraalOnline Era should be reported to GraalOnine Era Staff

Isn't this in a way abusing glitches? The lag abuse that occurs in CTF; Isn't that lag glitching?

As stated before, do not abuse the glitches or bugs you find. If you report a glitch and there is no action taken, it does not mean it is allowed to continue abusing the glitch. Allow for a staff member to verify the problem and correct the issue.

Are you really fulfilling this part of the rules? Firstly, We can not even report in events, so we can not even report anything to Staff members; Secondly even if we inform any staff member about Lag abusers etc.
    No development or further investigation into the matter even occurs.

Please don't conclude that this thread is just for having a go at admins or because I lost (Yes the blue team won), I just want to see a change to the event.

Perhaps make it a requirement that the host watches over the event whilst it occurs, I understand that the admin can not be everywhere at once, but if they would patrol the area, it would perhaps make it easier for them to catch the lag abusers.

We should include a report button that is designated just for CTF. The button should be in a different RC Window just for CTF and once we click the Report button, it sends a report right away, without having us to express the problem.

Please list any ideas you have below.
    I would have posted evidence, but i did not have a screen-recorder and the PSR recorder on windows, does not really function the way i imagined it to.
    Thanks for reading.

Bulletzone
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

Nice ideas.

Server upgrade would fix this lag problem.
    Coster Revla~

If You Have Any Questions Just Pm Me

Quote Originally Posted by Coster View Post
    Nice ideas.

Server upgrade would fix this lag problem.
    That's whether Toonslab would go on-board with the request.
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

If I'm hosting tell me ill take care of it. I may be invisible during ctf answering PMs and doing Uploads but if players say overhead "someone's speed hacking" and runs to the bridge in the start room with the helos I will investigate and take action. As for the lag and everything I'm sorry it's above my pay grade and don't have powers to do much.

Quote Originally Posted by Drdetroit View Post
    If I'm hosting tell me ill take care of it. I may be invisible during ctf answering PMs and doing Uploads but if players say overhead "someone's speed hacking" and runs to the bridge in the start room with the helos I will investigate and take action. As for the lag and everything I'm sorry it's above my pay grade and don't have powers to do much.
    Thank you for giving up your time to supervise the event, but it would help if every Admin did what you have done.
    -

No server upgrade cri since unimax will have no money pool.
    You can just get 1 terabyte.
    Lel

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletzone View Post
    Thank you for giving up your time to supervise the event, but it would help if every Admin did what you have done.
    yeah true on what bulletzone said..now im starting to support Drdedroit.

During one of the CTF matches, people have blocked the pathway for the enemy team which I find very cheeky and abusive. In my opinion, the server should get upgraded since we are most likely getting around 4000 people online most of the days. But its up to the higher ups. Good luck to those who are seeing people who are abusing the bug during the games.

Welcome to http://era-go.com/forum be sure to read the rules

Currently updating my signature. Please be patient