Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Bring Back Era

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    I have been here over 4 years and i assure you, this game has never been about cops and gangsters. Thats just the theme. You and those 100-125 people are just role players who have the desire to have some mobbing going on. This declaration of this post is cringing, and the invalidity is disgusting.

The truth is, this game needed some theme so they went with cops and gangsters. But in the begining, there was not really anywhere to get cop or gangster stuff. I remember when the only stuff i looked at was a soldier body and a helmet. I didnt get my first custom until i was at 1,000 hours. Even then, there still was no sign of any gangster stuff, any cop stuff. And i didnt care. I took my bar out and streaked every day. Others did too. Everyone was killing, regaurdless of whether or not they were a cop or gangster, how they looked, what their name was.

I later dod basing, and there was still nothing mafia related. The theme was nonexistent back then, and it still is today. If you want to expand your role playing, i suggest you make a bunch of mafia and cop things for the shops, and attempt to make your mafia and cop role playing more appealing to people. But falsely preaching about it in this section of era-go is not the right place to do it.
    "Falsely preaching" wouldn't be the right way to describe it at all. Maybe you don't care for the theme, that's great, go and use your morph items and laser weapons and have fun pal. There is a massive crowd, way bigger than "125" players, that would love to see the theme be re-implemented. Even Snk replied to this thread and said they've gone "astray" from the original theme, which means that there were once intentions in keeping the game as a mob game. Plus, you're acting like nobody wants the mob-cop related things to return.. Maybe you haven't read the responses, didn't see there were 8 other pages to this thread, or just were sorta ignorant to them. Go back, read all the favorable comments people spoke, and absorb them. Once you do that, it'll appear pretty blatant that the majority of people on here really want the theme to be implemented again. You're one of the few who don't, and I fully respect that opinion. Plus, you mentioned "invalidity"? Lol, tell me this; where in any of my posts on here is there invalidity? I don't see any lies or false accusations or whatever. Just because you're the kind of person that plays the game in order to acquire more non-theme-related items like the Chem Gun and other things doesn't mean that you have to be all-out against the idea simply because you possess some radical belief that the theme should be thrown out completely. But hey, debate is great, points out the rights and wrongs of both sides of the argument, so I'm all ears, but you should be too considering that probably 90% (or more) of the people that replied to this thread would absolutely love to see the mob theme preserved.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SneakyForFreeEC View Post
    Well apparently this guy didn't read what snk and storm said about how yes they admit the theme has gone astray...
    It became astray since the very start. Like i said, it was the theme.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gino View Post
    "Falsely preaching" wouldn't be the right way to describe it at all. Maybe you don't care for the theme, that's great, go and use your morph items and laser weapons and have fun pal. There is a massive crowd, way bigger than "125" players, that would love to see the theme be re-implemented. Even Snk replied to this thread and said they've gone "astray" from the original theme, which means that there were once intentions in keeping the game as a mob game. Plus, you're acting like nobody wants the mob-cop related things to return.. Maybe you haven't read the responses, didn't see there were 8 other pages to this thread, or just were sorta ignorant to them. Go back, read all the favorable comments people spoke, and absorb them. Once you do that, it'll appear pretty blatant that the majority of people on here really want the theme to be implemented again. You're one of the few who don't, and I fully respect that opinion. Plus, you mentioned "invalidity"? Lol, tell me this; where in any of my posts on here is there invalidity? I don't see any lies or false accusations or whatever. Just because you're the kind of person that plays the game in order to acquire more non-theme-related items like the Chem Gun and other things doesn't mean that you have to be all-out against the idea simply because you possess some radical belief that the theme should be thrown out completely. But hey, debate is great, points out the rights and wrongs of both sides of the argument, so I'm all ears, but you should be too considering that probably 90% (or more) of the people that replied to this thread would absolutely love to see the mob theme preserved.
    Your arguement is invalid because you started talking about how cops and gangster used to be how it was, but it wasnt. You know, your whole speal about all the family gangs leaving? Those were just a bunch of role playing gangs that liked to be gangsters in iera. They were never saught after, never recognized as any major gangs in Iera.

you seem convinced the theme should be brought back and everyone should pretend to be cops and gangsters, but the majority of us never have, and i dont think we ever should. So i say, keep your role playing to yourself. If you wanna act like some bad *** gangster, go base at mafia base with your pals in your getups and thompsons. Hopefully some cops will go show up with some glocks and you will all have a great time playfully mimicing the reality of what actual mobsters and cops do.

- - - Updated - - -

Your whole thing is "bring iera back" but it was never that way. It was never a bunch of kids role playing like cops and robbers. Simply misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Your arguement is invalid because you started talking about how cops and gangster used to be how it was, but it wasnt. You know, your whole speal about all the family gangs leaving? Those were just a bunch of role playing gangs that liked to be gangsters in iera. They were never saught after, never recognized as any major gangs in Iera.

you seem convinced the theme should be brought back and everyone should pretend to be cops and gangsters, but the majority of us never have, and i dont think we ever should. So i say, keep your role playing to yourself. If you wanna act like some bad *** gangster, go base at mafia base with your pals in your getups and thompsons. Hopefully some cops will go show up with some glocks and you will all have a great time playfully mimicing the reality of what actual mobsters and cops do.

- - - Updated - - -

Your whole thing is "bring iera back" but it was never that way. It was never a bunch of kids role playing like cops and robbers. Simply misleading.
    I'm still insanely confused why you're identifying "bringing back the mob theme" as being a radical idea, when the game IS, in fact, a mobster game. Makes zero sense.

Austin, that's the whole point of a game. To roleplay... If you play LoL, will you become a fancy 1920s guy?
    "Evening, sir! I shall now stab you with my fancy knife. Cheer!"

No. You keep the theme of the game rolling all the way. If it misleads, then the game goes chaotic.
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!

Also, Austin, I'm guessing you missed the post where I stated my "radical" ideas that I'd like to see in the game. I'll quote it here for you.

- New gangster-related emoticons, such as :wine (i.imgur.com/KYipREy.png)

- Many more mob-related and cop-related stores. There is a huge lack of places to buy mafia or cop items. Yes, there is the Gangster Shop, the Thompson Shop, and the EPD, but that's about it. There aren't many fedoras, suits, trench coats, cop-outfits, cop-hats (etc) for purchase. There are a few, but not enough in my opinion.

- Gangster related Events in the Event House (or by Bot). Maybe something along the lines of "Cops versus robbers", just like Capture The Flag, but it'd take place in a bank or Police Department. The cops would have to defend a group of hostages, and the robbers would have to kill the hostages and rob the place. Maybe not exactly like this, but you get the point.

- Well, we already have "mafia base", so why not "police headquarters" as a base? I understand that Countryside will have new bases, and that's awesome, but a cop themed base would be an excellent addition. I'm sure people besides myself would like to see this happen too. It could be like the PD, there would be a secret way in through the jail cells, and the flag would be in the intelligence/interrogation room. You get the idea, lol.

- Why not implement a piano track? In buildings where there currently is no music, it'd be quite fitting to add a piano song, considering the piano is a very mob-theme-fitting instrument. Take Potluck Pig for example. There are mobster-NPCs all around there, but no music. Perfect place to add a piano tune, if you ask me.

- Drinkable wine, as a food item. This should happen regardless, if you ask me. There's ale already, but no wine. It's a simple and nice addition.

- There could even be a brewery where players could make wine, just like they make pizzas at Speedy's Pizza. They'd earn gralats from it, and be able to purchase wine in the front.

There are obviously many other things and ideas that could be added to this list. The more, the merrier.
    Beside requiring a lot of work, it's not too radical man. Things like these would be great additions, if you ask me.

Also, Austin, I'm guessing you missed the post where I stated my "radical" ideas that I'd like to see in the game. I'll quote it here for you.

Beside requiring a lot of work, it's not too radical man. Things like these would be great additions, if you ask me.
    But we have to keep this game 12+ like it says, unless they change the age limit, i like the ideas.

"Everyone's a Falcon"
    www.KrioleGFX.weebly.com
    In Game Name: ItsKriole
    Since 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Kriole View Post
    But we have to keep this game 12+ like it says, unless they change the age limit, i like the ideas.
    12 and up games don't have a picture of a gangster holding a gun while smoking on the loading screen, let alone other things in the game itself. The game isn't 12 and up, and the age-label won't stop young kids from playing it. Look at CoD, GTA, and just about any other violent video game. Kids are on those and the games are rated 17 and up.

12 and up games don't have a picture of a gangster holding a gun while smoking on the loading screen.
    If only I can give you a rep...

I searched up "12 and up games" on Google and a lot of doll games popped out. I don't think that 12 year old kids have guns or drugs in their mentality, depending on what their parents show them.
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick View Post
    If only I can give you a rep...

I searched up "12 and up games" on Google and a lot of doll games popped out. I don't think that 12 year old kids have guns or drugs in their mentality, depending on what their parents show them.
    Dolls..., that's like 5 year old ****...Google and its lies
    We need to bring the Gangster and Cop stuff back, like Gino said
    Hi.
    My YouTube channel: Lightning23