View Poll Results: What do you think is the best melee class?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dagger

10 90.91%
  • Sword

1 9.09%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Daggers and Swords: The Pros and Cons

Daggers and Swords: The Pros and Cons

Hi.

So I've seen many people have a preferation on what kind of melee they like to use. For some, they desire the fast and speedy dagger, while others like to use the high damage dealing swords. Today I'll be discussing what others see in daggers and what others see in swords. We will leave special effects and other things like that out of the conversation.

The Dagger:

While the dagger definitely has a significantly higher attack rate, most iEra daggers dont do much damage. Compare the dagger to other game's smgs. While smgs do shoot faster than rifles, they do a lot less damage than them. The dagger is the exact same as the smg. It gives a higher attack rate, but low damage. The dagger also allows you to play a lot more agile. You can attack from one side, and quickly move on to the other side, usually during a gunfight in a base. Though it may take a while before you finally can kill your enemy, the dagger is a much more preferred melee in agile combat for most "pros". So to leave it, the dagger can take out your enemy in a slow but efficient way.

Pros:
    - Ability to kill your enemy with faster physical speed
    - Allows you to be a lot more agile when attacking

Cons:
    - Low damage to most daggers
    - Harder to control

The Sword:

The sword is a much more preferred weapon against newer players, seeing that most to all swords have a high damage payout. However, since the sword is a hefty damage dealer, it needs to be bad at something. And what is that? Its attack speed. The sword, while it may give a huge reward, can pose a high threat to the user if not prepared. Swords can easily be outclassed by a speedy dagger, but like I said, it deoends on who uses what. If an inexperienced player with a dagger goes against an experienced player with a sword, the experienced player, knowing how to use the weapon will obviously win in combat.

Pros:
    - High damage dealing weapon at close range
    - Has a farther attack range than the dagger
    - Can be used efficiently with the right knowledge

Cons:
    - Slows you down
    - Slower attack rate than a dagger

The Dagger vs. The Sword

Let's say you and another player go at it head to head. Both of you are well experienced with your particular weapon. You have the sword, and your opponent has the dagger. Of course there can only be one winner right? Who will win? It's hard to say really. The two weapons can really outclass each other in many different ways, but never the same. Each weaoon has their strength, and theit weakness, but like I said, it all depends on who is using what.

So what do you prefer? The speedy, agile dagger? Or the high damage dealing sword? Let us know, give your opinion.

Click the Spoiler to see my fan art!
     Spoiler

- 2012 iEra Player -
    - 2013 Era-GO Member -
    - iEra Ex-Player Relations -
    - Era-GO Ex-Moderator (Twice) -

gun win always but daggers are better then swords

Kiwi blade does 9 damage, better than most swords and daggers, so daggers 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PM IF YOU NEED HELP
    PRESS THE NINJA PIC

Dagger.

In game i prefer swords, but irl i prefer a sword with an offhand dagger.

Lex the Edgelord

Delt Graphics Team

WE ARE IN THE MEME Pootis Heavy's Avatar
    Daggers. Great for Assassins in Skyrim.

Well right now I have a hunter knife but I'm saving shells for ancient executioner,due to the crazy effect randomness which makes it super fun to use,so I don't know yet but daggers are strong for sure,imo a pro can just enter ANY base and kill 1 or 2 flag holders with a melee.
    Analysis and rationalism are probably the greatest helpers in this world,full of dishonest,deceitful,foolish,money-grubbing,greedy and betraying people.

Analyze it all,find the logical pattern if it exists and you'll come to the correct conclusion.

Love is the greatest inspiration of all,a true reason to live.

The melee weapons are just as important at basing as guns,they too need proper balancing.

uh, i must say this, but daggers are way op than swords, they must do something about it,
    daggers are probably 6-9 damage while swords are probably 7-10
    and the diffrence is speed,
    id rather get a 8-9 damage dagger than a 10-11 damage sword.

Senior Player Relations tristanfosho's Avatar
    It's hard to decide because swords are generally better for crabs, zombies and other npc mobs.
    Example is chainsaw kills crabs in 2-3 hits
    But chainsaw is only good for killing players looking at their map or lagging.

Daggers are better for pking.
    As you said the mobility gives you a clear advantage against a moving enemy player.
    It takes 4-5 hits for a chaplain dagger to kill crabs.
    I noticed because of server delay(im guessing)the attack speed on monster mobs doesnt do damage as fast as it should. (you can see the damage points but it is not actually doing the damage to the monster mob)

So it's really hard to pick one over the other, it depends what you are using it for.
    For any Jail, Gralat and E-mail related issues, you must submit a ticket to http://support.toonslab.com/ for help.

Accounts IGN: TristanFoSho/KarrenFoSho
     Spoiler

freind, guns will always win. swords are just eh, backup?