Page 40 of 114 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 ... LastLast

Thread: READ- Weapon Rebalancing

Quote Originally Posted by GenoIndeed View Post
    Every can have their opinion on the staff and their work but they shouldn't be attacking them directly
    Nobody is, everyone is expressing their feelings in game (huge riots in complex yesterday, gangs being made after him etc... really bad stuff) and on the forums here

Just give it some time guys. This change will grow on you.

Thoughts on my new ion (bought it 2 days before the nerf)

It was fun to use, pretty effective on spar, it felt like it was worth those 50 days of doing events. Now it justs trash, not even good for spar anymore, it gets out perfomed by a 82k gun and even a trashy pdw, i don't recommend ion anymore, just get an ion mini and you'd be inmortal in spar since all the new guns are slower than uzis them selves
    1p0p3d.jpg
    Last edited by Prancer; 05-15-2017 at 07:14 PM. Reason: forgot the meme
    Since you're looking at this, why not look into my ganis?
    Click here boy-o ^

Quote Originally Posted by Xur View Post
    Nobody is, everyone is expressing their feelings in game (huge riots in complex yesterday, gangs being made after him etc... really bad stuff) and on the forums here
    On here, most people have been responding decently, but imagine how it is in-game, some of these players act crazy

idk what this is
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Thoughts on my new ion (bought it 2 days before the nerf)

It was fun to use, pretty effective on spar, it felt like it was worth those 50 days of doing events. Now it justs trash, not even good for spar anymore, it gets out perfomed by a 82k gun and even a trashy pdw, i don't recommend ion anymore, just get an ion mini and you'd be inmortal in spar since all the new guns are slower than uzis them selves
    1p0p3d.jpg
    I was going to go for gas to pk at forts but should I get Ion Mini or flame instead?

Quote Originally Posted by GenoIndeed View Post
    On here, most people have been responding decently, but imagine how it is in-game, some of these players act crazy
    Lmao wtf, nobody is responding decently... everyone is outraged.

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    Use the gun for a week before you start demanding any changes. It's actually ridiculous that people are so unwilling to even try. The changes haven't even been in place for a day. Most people have spent more time complaining than they have actually using the gun.

If you want me to take your complaint seriously don't expect me to do so when you haven't even given the change a chance. Once people start to realise that they can potentially be a better player despite the nerf because they learnt how to use the new stats properly and can take advantage over the less skilled players who relied on the gun to do the majority of the work you will see this change could be for the better.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean seriously. 70% of the people complaining ingame haven't even looked at the Erago changes and are just joining in because their friend told them to
    Dude. Nobody is going to use the gun for 10 minutes after a kid with 2 hours kills them with an ak47. THE gun is 200k listen to Pine
    Last edited by Harrio; 05-15-2017 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Aids

When AK is better then bar...and it cost like 198k less
    Ask me anything and ill try my best to answer

And bitz, did you ever think to notify the community of this? Nope. About 1-2% of Era uses forums, and the forums aren't advertised in game, it's not in the news, it's optional. I would've loved to see if you made an in-game forum where players could post messages, then you'd see how many people disagree with you
    yo

Went basing last night -- it's much more enjoyable now.
    I've always seen basing as the primary goal of this game, and anything that enhances the basing experience is a step in the right direction.

I'm not surprised at all of the flak that Sam is receiving out of this -- he made a change that every Gun Admin since 2011 has wanted to make.

The fact that this conversation has come up numerous times in the past six years is evidence that the change was inevitable.
    It wasn't ever a matter of "if", but "when".

The time would eventually have to come when providing an easy way to victory would water down the gameplay to such an extent that it no longer offers enough substance to be attractive.
    That time has finally arrived where, by its own evidence, the lack of gang activity has warranted the changes that we have all forecasted for years.

It's natural and expected that those who lost their free ticket to victory are upset.
    Truth is, it should have been fixed much sooner.

Gameplay would have been improved much sooner, and I wager our playercount would have been higher if people didn't feel it necessary to purchase a BAR to compete.
    Imagine all of the players that have come along, and, when seeing how devastingly overpowered the BAR was, were discouraged from playing.

Also, I see multiple posts about how peoples' "money has been wasted".
    There are two sides to that coin -- there are many more people who have purchased other guns, that up until now, stood no chance against the BAR spam.
    Depending what side of the coin you're on, there are players out there whose previous investments just took a leap, comparatively to what they were last week.

I encourage you to step away from the forums and check your own inventory -- you may have a gem in there that has taken on new value now that the gap between tiers has shortened.

Looking at the new stats of the BAR, it appears to be very close to an M4, except for 10 damage when perfect, automatic, slightly less spread, and a hefty reload.
    Given that the M4 has been long touted as a good multi-purpose gun by the community, one would think that the community would embrace a 10-damage version.

You paid a premium for an advantage, and you still have the advantage of 10 damage, without compromising on fire rate.
    The issue is that BAR owners don't want ONE advantage -- they have grown accustomed to having MULTIPLE advantages, without compromising anywhere.

No gun should have this many advantages over others-- the BAR was a mistake.
    Every Gun Admin since its release has said "this thing should have never been released."

Had we done the right thing and nerfed it back in 2012, leaving it with only the advantage of 10 damage, we would not be having this conversation right now.
    We went against our better judgement and opted to not upset people, and as a result, gameplay has suffered at the hands of people who want the game spoon-fed to them.

This is the reason gun stats are not left to a community vote -- because people are too often motivated by self-interest, instead of thinking of what is best for the game itself.
    The Gun Admin is in charge of enhancing gameplay and making sure that it makes sense.

The following statement is evidence that something was wrong:
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrio View Post
    The issue is we didn't pay for skill, we payed for a gun so people who suck at the game like me can still base with everyone else
    Somebody who "sucks at the game" should never be on PAR with somebody who has poured time and energy into getting good at the game.

A wallet is not a replacement for time well spent.
    If you cannot yet compete without a handicap, you haven't yet earned the right to victory.

The nature of the game is competition.
    Develop your fighting abilities, compete against other people, and continually work towards improvement.

Achieving victory as a result of working towards mastery is much more rewarding than swiping your credit card.

You don't see chess players paying cash to reach the status of Grandmaster.
    This should not be the case in Era either -- or any competitive arena for that matter.

Respect the game by working towards mastery.

It's in our nature to be resistant to change.
    Go out and play it -- realize that you have it within you to win without an outrageous handicap.
    Tune in for live streaming action from gang bases, events, and other iEra activities, with commentary!