Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: GST2017 Spoiled & Littered with Technical Difficulties?

Sorry to hear about all of the crashes - that's a shame.
    Unfortunately, those who were hosting the event have no control over it

As for GST2017, it looked pretty well put together - kudos to all of those who made it happen.

I tuned in during the 3rd place match today, and watched about two matches.

It was great to see Casper back casting, and I think adding Sequel to the mix was great; he's one of the guys I've wanted to add to the team for a while now.

Kirzey seemed to do a great job with the stream too - during the matches I witnessed, his connection was on point, and he panned the camera to cover the critical points of the match, so the viewers could get a good idea of the big picture.

And that's fantastic to hear that Derek was able to patched a glitch on the fly.

Lastly, the Arena -- it also looks like they drastically improved the arena over this past month or so.
    From what I could see, that was the best arena we've had for the past two years -- I loved the long pathways, choke points, etc.
    Tune in for live streaming action from gang bases, events, and other iEra activities, with commentary!

Quote Originally Posted by Harrio View Post
    My thoughts? I think that the crashing determined the wins by a long shot. Playing well enough to get an 11 vs 9 lead one minute into the match, even with one member crashed before he even fires his gun... is fine. But later in this match having 5 members crash is pretty insane. Obviously teams that faired well luck wise are overlooking the means of their win. If it wasn't for this, it's more than likely that the outcome would have been different.

But i also agree that aside from this the matches were well planned by everyone, a good amount of time per match, and the arena was really well designed and fun.
    Then learn to strategize and time your crashes.
    yo

Banned
    Sadly I could only have impact on everything but the crashes - I'm sure ToonSlab will update the application, so there'll be no crashes next year.

I've already uploaded the GST 2017 on YouTube, so if you'd like to re-watch it, use this link:
    bit.ly/EraGST2017

Thanks to Casper and Sequel for providing outstanding commentary to the stream viewers, thanks to Kirzey for streaming the entire event.
    Records were broken... 1059 viewers at one point. Besides the crashing which I don't have any impact on, I'm pretty satisfied with the GST as a whole.

Me and my team will be back next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Anero View Post
    Sadly I could only have impact on everything but the crashes - I'm sure ToonSlab will update the application, so there'll be no crashes next year.

I've already uploaded the GST 2017 on YouTube, so if you'd like to re-watch it, use this link:
    bit.ly/EraGST2017

Thanks to Casper and Sequel for providing outstanding commentary to the stream viewers, thanks to Kirzey for streaming the entire event.
    Records were broken... 1059 viewers at one point. Besides the crashing which I don't have any impact on, I'm pretty satisfied with the GST as a whole.

Me and my team will be back next year.
    The map this year was fantastic good job! Sadly this year would have been the best yet if it weren't for the crashes and bugs

Quote Originally Posted by Xur View Post
    Then learn to strategize and time your crashes.
    Did you just say "time your crashes" ? Dude.

Lmao, Ikr how do you do that? If all 12 members could somehow time their crash, they deserve to win gst lol.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Casshern Sins View Post
    The map this year was fantastic good job! Sadly this year would have been the best yet if it weren't for the crashes and bugs
    Thank you mate!

Yeah, I've somehow tried to create a map that is more open, but also has a bottom that you can't just push that easily. I think overall the map is pretty well structured which makes for intense matches.
    Our matches this year were much better than last year - IMO.

Yes. Most people in our gang crashed exactly an hour after logging on. So we planned ahead and our times were mostly correct.
    yo

Quote Originally Posted by Xur View Post
    Yes. Most people in our gang crashed exactly an hour after logging on. So we planned ahead and our times were mostly correct.
    Relogged before match and still crashed mid game. Planning wouldn't help at all.

To be honest the host wasn't good enough not talking about commentary but the one who was recording didn't do good he barley move and when he moves he take dmg which is blocking a team bullets hopefully next time host can do better moving around all the map not just standing in 2-3 spots and eating bullets about the map was great but unfortunately this year gst would be more fun if there was no glitches and crashes my opinion this year gst was more enjoyable and fun than the last year one good job just need better host to cover all the map next year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk