Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is fishing a good job?

Is fishing a good job?

I've seen multiple statements made by people saying that fishing rods are too expensive,
    or that you don't make enough profit from fishing to buy another fishing rod. However, I
    have a different experience with this, and I was able to earn, even from level 1, more
    gralats by fishing than what a fishing rod costs.

Anyway, my real question here is: Is fishing a good job? What do I mean by this?
    Well, with leveling up, are you eventually able to make more money than, say, Speedy
    Pizzas (which is roughly 3k gralats per hour)? If so, then I think it's a good job.

Also, I heard level 100 is the highest level achievable as of now, does anyone have an
    estimate of how much a level 100 player would earn?
    I assume quite a bit, at least
    5k gralats per hour.

I would love to hear from experienced fishers (level 10+) to
    know what you think you could earn in an hour from just fishing. As of now, I believe the
    highest level anyone has in fishing is 26. And the highest level achievable would be 100.

Also, does anyone know how much more durability is added onto a fishing rod per level?
    What about the rarity of fish that you can catch? If anyone could help me answer these
    questions that would be very helpful. Thanks.

Banned
    The higher the fishing level, the fishing rod lasts longer and you have a higher chance of getting a rare fish, if you are on a high level you can make more profit.

It's like mining.

So it's probably higher gralats if you have a higher lvl

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!

No, reach level 5, dig, get trochus, exchange trochus to fishes, sell fishes at the fishing place.

Why level 5? Well, to sell more fishes like the noob fish, you cant sell noob fish at the 1st room.

as of now no but -as others say- if you're willing to waste like 5-10 hours of ur life and a couple thousand gralats you might just be able to make profits!
    ~LordFreak
    Answering all era related questions.

I talked to a guy who was level 15 at the time and he said he easily made over 3k gralats per hour just by fishing. If he's telling the truth, then fishing is even better than speedy pizzas at level 15+, and could even be better than mining at a certain level. However, part of me doubts that he was telling the truth, because at level 8 I only make probably 500-1000 gralats per hour (this is just an estimation).

Quote Originally Posted by Schmaurf Doorway Zeppelin View Post
    No, reach level 5, dig, get trochus, exchange trochus to fishes, sell fishes at the fishing place.

Why level 5? Well, to sell more fishes like the noob fish, you cant sell noob fish at the 1st room.
    not gonna work really
    ~LordFreak

Quote Originally Posted by LordFreak View Post
    not gonna work really
    And how is that not gonna work? People sell fishes at the trade tables, it is gonna work.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmaurf Doorway Zeppelin View Post
    And how is that not gonna work? People sell fishes at the trade tables, it is gonna work.
    cuz thats such a long process and i dont think its gonna be easy finding people that are willing to trade fish for tro
    ~LordFreak

Banned Capo
    It seems pretty awful, but I'm only level 2