Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Option to Turn Off the Swear Filter

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenshadow View Post
    Listen bud you're not the first to say this. About 10 other idiots that can't read have said the same thing, beendead clearly stated it will be an option to turn on and off at will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's not about turning it on and off at free will. Children play the game and they may never know which option does what and stuff, until they've seen the use of these language - which is going to be a little too late because chances are, they'd already been corrupted.

Sent from my A37f using Tapatalk
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    It's not about turning it on and off at free will. Children play the game and they may never know which option does what and stuff, until they've seen the use of these language - which is going to be a little too late because chances are, they'd already been corrupted.

I'm not sure what you mean dude.
    If you're afraid of something like being exposed to vulgar language right off the bat then its fine to make the default on.
    Are you saying kids playing from 6/7 who don't even know how to read?
    Are sure one hour of graal a day can 'corrupt'?
    What age group do you mean by children?

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean dude.
    If you're afraid of something like being exposed to vulgar language right off the bat then its fine to make the default on.
    Are you saying kids playing from 6/7 who don't even know how to read?
    Are sure one hour of graal a day can 'corrupt'?
    What age group do you mean by children?
    ^^^^

Zany
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxwashere View Post
    The best solution for someone who is having issues with the game is to either adjust to it or quit playing. The game and social aspects of the internet are not essential to life. Cursing is a form of expression it's only a problem to the weak minded. If it bothers you online games are not for you. People will curse period you can't stop it. Saying it is immature, rude or pathetic is your opinion based on ideas not yours ideas given to you by the social construct.... "Grow a pair" or stop using the internet for social reasons. Your refusal to accept reality won't change it. Children's parents should monitor what there kids are doing but they don't take the time they leave it to society and sjw's it's no ones responsibility but the parents. Cursing is expression you can't filter everything. The internet is a reflection of reality and people curse in reality. A lot of people addicted to online games can't adjust to reality so they go online for a safe zone. Sorry but people are people all types shapes and sizes and vocabularies wherever you go. I personally like people the cursing type the sweet non cursing type the fat skinny and muscular type...diversity is the the key to enlightenment growth and change. "Grow a pair"...

This thread is literally just a giant argument, lol.

Bottom line. Whether you like it or not, you can not tell someone they can't be online solely because they don't like or are offended by vulgarity. I don't care if you think it's easier for them to go off the internet or not. It is easier for YOU, but those people obviously still want to play the game, and you have NO right to tell them to get off because they disagree with your thoughts on this subject. The justification in this thread is driving me insane.

Not cursing is a real life, common courtesy. It's a conscious decision, and it is NOT necessary in ANY situation, ever. Sure, this is a game. But if you need to curse in order to have fun in a game, you have to rethink some things. Cursing is not necessary to express yourself. Players do NOT lean on staff too heavily. Staff are there for a REASON. And saying cursing is only a problem for the "weak-minded" is beyond one sided. I don't like cursing, nor do I see it as a way to express yourself in a positive way, and at times I do see it as offensive depending on how it's used. So apparently I'm a weak-minded individual now. It's not a refusal to accept reality- I just don't like vulgarity and a good majority of the time, it IS used to offend others. And even IF it is used in a joke, it STILL is not a completely necessary element in a conversation. You may not like it, but it's true.

No matter what you say, you cannot claim any person who can't handle excessive cursing in any manner is forbidden from the game. It's not you get to curse whenever you want and everyone else has to walk on eggshells or leave the internet, it's you can suck it up without cursing and actually care about other player's opinions in the game. Everyone is from different places, everyone is raised differently, everyone is from a different religion. They ALL handle it differently and you have no right to claim they're a bunch of pansies solely because they are offended by what you say. You don't get to dictate others opinions.

Get over it- some people get offended at vulgar words. Don't like it, tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Zany View Post

Bottom line. Whether you like it or not, you can not tell someone they can't be online solely because they don't like or are offended by vulgarity. I don't care if you think it's easier for them to go off the internet or not. It is easier for YOU, but those people obviously still want to play the game, and you have NO right to tell them to get off because they disagree with your thoughts on this subject. The justification in this thread is driving me insane.

Not cursing is a real life, common courtesy. It's a conscious decision, and it is NOT necessary in ANY situation, ever. Sure, this is a game. But if you need to curse in order to have fun in a game, you have to rethink some things. Cursing is not necessary to express yourself. Players do NOT lean on staff too heavily. Staff are there for a REASON. And saying cursing is only a problem for the "weak-minded" is beyond one sided. I don't like cursing, nor do I see it as a way to express yourself in a positive way, and at times I do see it as offensive depending on how it's used. So apparently I'm a weak-minded individual now. It's not a refusal to accept reality- I just don't like vulgarity and a good majority of the time, it IS used to offend others. And even IF it is used in a joke, it STILL is not a completely necessary element in a conversation. You may not like it, but it's true.

No matter what you say, you cannot claim any person who can't handle excessive cursing in any manner is forbidden from the game. It's not you get to curse whenever you want and everyone else has to walk on eggshells or leave the internet, it's you can suck it up without cursing and actually care about other player's opinions in the game. Everyone is from different places, everyone is raised differently, everyone is from a different religion. They ALL handle it differently and you have no right to claim they're a bunch of pansies solely because they are offended by what you say. You don't get to dictate others opinions.

Did you read the 40 times I said it's an option and not an obligation to turn it off. Like I don't know how many times I have to repeat myself that if you get offended easily and if you don't like seeing curse words you can keep it on. As simple as that. The rest of the people who wanna use cuss words will have it turned off while you can keep it on. Your gameplay wouldn't be affected. Just keep the filter on and let the rest of us enjoy the game how we want and stop wanting to control what everyone else's does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post

Corrupted? There's cussing on tv, in movies, in music, in books and ALSO in real life. So if a kid reads some cuss words on an app he'll be corrupted? Didn't know that certain words could corrupt somebody instantly. If you've been to school, kids cuss all the time, does that mean all the kids who hear the cuss words are now corrupted? No. People already cuss on graal and have been cussing since it's been released. No matter how many words they add to the swear filter, people will always cuss. I do not support harassment and harassment would not be tolerated. I also think racism shouldn't be tolerated either.
    Last edited by BEENDEAD; 11-09-2017 at 11:37 PM.

I agree, able to kill others in this game, obtain firearms, light people on fire with flamers, even some things in the game are brutal like "pulling your head off" emote is a little much, yet swearing? not allowed? I'd like that as a function. Free Speech.

Zany
    Quote Originally Posted by BEENDEAD View Post
    Did you read the 40 times I said it's an option and not an obligation to turn it off. Like I don't know how many times I have to repeat myself that if you get offended easily and if you don't like seeing curse words you can keep it on. As simple as that. The rest of the people who wanna use cuss words will have it turned off while you can keep it on. Your gameplay wouldn't be affected. Just keep the filter on and let the rest of us enjoy the game how we want and stop wanting to control what everyone else's does.
    That was a response to Jax's post, so it didn't pertain to you, but I'm not an idiot so don't treat me like one. I'm perfectly aware, and I never said I had a solid problem with the filter except for staff problems that could occur with it as many explained including myself.

Can y'all like take a moment and chill before you start posting lol.
    Btw Ye I agree that there should be an option
    Not giving up. mistakes happen, Miracles shine upon us.
    If you have an issue regarding Graal Era PM a staff member or submit a ticket to support.toonslab.com

Many people are agreeing or disagreeing. I think we should test this for a week or a day to see where it goes.

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!

Quote Originally Posted by Zany View Post

Well, if they don't want to see cursing they can turn the filter on. There, problem solved.