Page 15 of 79 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast

Thread: Basing System Rework

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon38 View Post
    I dont feel like coming back off of a 2 month jail and seeing noob gangs owning a base-Jackson N. Lowry
    They won’t, every gang will still have the same base, the fortress will be peaced between gangs

Wtf is going to happen about forts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon38 View Post
    Wtf is going to happen about forts
    They'll still exist just probably not within the gang fortress

Nous savons ce que nous sommes, mais savons pas ce que nous pouvons être.

William Shakespear

Quote Originally Posted by Tomlacroixgraal View Post
    I think change is needed but essentially killing 3-6/9 "major" gang sover 10k is kinda harsh. Also what happens when 3 gangs have homed rest given up they dont get pked coz people cant enter etc they could literally hold the bases with 0 online.
    True, the bases will be empty cause nobody will attack them.

Quote Originally Posted by XR View Post
    They won’t, every gang will still have the same base, the fortress will be peaced between gangs
    Even if all 3 gangs holding the bases are at peace with each other (which makes no difference as they can't attack eachother anyway as they're busy defending their own bases). Then they won't be at peace with the gangs that don't have a base, as they... don't have a base... Therefore cannot earn hours unless they break the peace..?

And as time goes on, more gangs will hit 10k hours which means even more competition. More gangs + Less available bases = less ability to peace, more base conflict

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    Even if all 3 gangs holding the bases are at peace with each other (which makes no difference as they can't attack eachother anyway as they're busy defending their own bases). Then they won't be at peace with the gangs that don't have a base, as they... don't have a base... Therefore cannot earn hours unless they break the peace..?

And as time goes on, more gangs will hit 10k hours which means even more competition. More gangs + Less available bases = less ability to peace, more base conflict
    But you need to understand the baseless gangs won’t be able to come back, gangs like Obsidian would squash anybody who tried to break peace

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post

Basically said the same thing about how even if they do peace the other gangs still want to base, said it like 20 times their just going to say yet again how the gangs that don't get a spot will just farm in the under 10k under a new tag

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XR View Post
    But you need to understand the baseless gangs won’t be able to come back, gangs like Obsidian would squash anybody who tried to break peace
    Obsidian is almost past 35k they have no reason to base lol

Nous savons ce que nous sommes, mais savons pas ce que nous pouvons être.

William Shakespear

This system should be improved. It is very understanding to encourage new gangs to base, but people don't want to base because most of the players can't afford good guns to pk, no pk=no competition. All the big gangs are created because the pkers meet each other and start making basing gang. To encourage people basing, it is to encourage people pking.

Quote Originally Posted by Trix View Post
    This system should be improved. It is very understanding to encourage new gangs to base, but people don't want to base because most of the players can't afford good guns to pk, no pk=no competition. All the big gangs are created because the pkers meet each other and start making basing gang. To encourage people basing, it is to encourage people pking.
    That's why I rebalanced the majority of top guns, so that those players who want to base but can't afford the big guns, can get skilled with what they have and still compete.

People seemed to think my gun rebalancing was all about spar, when the reality was that my intentions of it were more focused towards facilitating the basing side.

Quote Originally Posted by Czar Misago View Post
    Basically said the same thing about how even if they do peace the other gangs still want to base, said it like 20 times their just going to say yet again how the gangs that don't get a spot will just farm in the under 10k under a new tag

- - - Updated - - -

Obsidian is almost past 35k they have no reason to base lol
    They’ll use a second tag, and will base with it.

This doesn’t matter a ton to me anyways, I don’t base really, I just think it’s a bit silly trying to change something that can’t be changed. I’ll give my fair solution.

Option 1: Create new bases with an hour cap (2000, possibly higher), in which allows smaller gangs to gain hours through it, building themselves up as an established gang. This protects them from stronger gangs.

Option 2: Create the fortress but have it function as any other base would.
    - Keep the hour format, it’s much easier to work with and has already been designed to be fair (creating a new system is time consuming and messes up the reward timeline)

Either way basing will stay the same, it’ll be the same gangs with the same hours, whether it be on their main tag or a second tag