Thread: Economy

Newcomer

Economy

I would like to make a website for the graal economy, linked to graal itself but i need dev's and iera staff for help, i was thinking something along the lines to the Grand exchange in runescape, the items are linked to the website which may be attatched to era-go, or on WIKI, but i am not sure... If your unsure of the Grand Exchange in runescape it works by the number of items in the game, in this case if there are a ton of red roses in the game the price of them are going to be much lower then if there was only 7 of [BLANK] in the game. This would be a cool little thing that might stop alot of the scams of price change for more newer players and this even might bring new players, or bring back others because the economy is linked to the items and there ID's in game so ther wouldnt be anymore fuss.

Feedback on this idea?

Banned
    What is the whole purpose in doing this? Trading? More items?

Newcomer
    Quote Originally Posted by XSTARX View Post
    What is the whole purpose in doing this? Trading? More items?
    Prevents scamming in some cases, helps alot of people out.

Oohh I see what you are saying here. This is something that is kinda hard to do because the demand for an item is always fluctuating so the prices will as well, plus you have to consider the players that may hold items but they may have become inactive so those items aren't in circulation at the trades n such. I like your idea though because, even though the pricing may not be exact, it would give players a general idea of what to ask for or around what to pay for a particular item. Correct me if im wrong but are you basically wanting a website that will list every item, how many of those items are in the game, and what each price for each item is?

Quote Originally Posted by iFrayzer View Post
    Prevents scamming in some cases, helps alot of people out.
    I'm pretty sure trade tables prevent scamming all the time ._.
    Thalia Vandenbroek

Quote Originally Posted by thalia_vandenbroek View Post
    I'm pretty sure trade tables prevent scamming all the time ._.

No no, lol I think they understand that. What i think this user is trying to say is that this would help new and older users be aware of the value of items. It would keep them from thinking that (or being talked in to for that matter) a M4 is a good trade for a 2013 hacky sack or a pogo for example, when really we all know that's a horrible trade for the user with the M4.

Newcomer
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevallie View Post
    No no, lol I think they understand that. What i think this user is trying to say is that this would help new and older users be aware of the value of items. It would keep them from thinking that (or being talked in to for that matter) a M4 is a good trade for a 2013 hacky sack or a pogo for example, when really we all know that's a horrible trade for the user with the M4.
    Exactly and with with the website, with proper coding and such, it is possible to link the amount of items in general to the website and have a economy value set up on that item so if one more is added to game, it automatically goes up however much its set to.

He wants to show trade value I think, but I don't think admins have time to search and see how much the average prices for items are for
    山Yamamoto-kun

Newcomer
    Thats it though, its not just going to be the admins, im sure theres going to be a way just to tap into iEra's info and find a sheet of everything, and all that would be needed is saying well here if theres 20 of these if more are added the price drops 1k, if some are loss or the trades are inactive we raise ____ so and so. If you get what i mean. And afterwards its all stored on a webpage, im thinking game.wiki like but sorta like this http://services.runescape.com/m=itemdb_rs/frontpage.ws