Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Weapon Attachments- Offical- BiTzSam

Weapon Attachments- Offical- BiTzSam

So many have asked for attachments but as of yet besides the g18 attachment and occasional addons for guns there have been none. This is mostly because to make attachments it requires a lot of redoing graphics, even more ganis and rescripting them. I have decided that I will attempt to add attachments and this will be the way I will try to implement them.

Each gun will have a maximum capacity of 3 attachments. However some guns may not get any, most likely because they either have attachments already or not enough room for hotkeys. Examples of guns that won't get attachments or won't get 3 are neo rifle, ap7s, tauros, all rocketlaunchers/ Ac cannon. Guns above 100k won't be given attachments that boost their stats, only attachments for looks- I don't want overpowered guns becoming even more so. Also auction guns will not get any attachments at all.

How it will work
    There will be an attachment shop that works similar to skins. I'm not a "pro scripter" so I can't yet verify this is possible, but I'm pretty sure it's do able. You will have 7 different skins, 3 with one attachment, 3 with 2 attachments, 1 with all 3 and the default version. You can either buy all 3 upfront, or buy one at a time. When you buy them they will go into a folder, similar to the car keys option where you tap your gun in your inventory, you get the icons of which attachment combination you want, tap that and equip it.
    Hopefully there can be some kind of shop gui, similar to the upgrading guns gui to make it easier, so there isn't 8 skin icons you have to grab.
    If a gun has 1 hotkey (an option when they tap it like a laser or silencer) they can have a maximum of 1 attachment that can be used (grenade launcher, laser if they dont have one) and 2 attachments that change the guns base stats, but cannot be toggled (turned off without changing guns in the menu, an example of this is a scope that increases accuracy).

Order
    If I get the ok that this is possible, I will start making attachments in order of when the gun came out. This means the first guns to get attachments will be the guns at start eg- ak47, uzi, handguns and probably colt.
    All attachments that are the same will have the same look, and stats on each gun, the only time the look will vary is if the guns meant to have something different (eg a GP30 grenade launcher for the ak47 instead of an M203 launcher- wont effect the stats just the look). The attachments will also cost the same no matter what gun. Each gun will have a different combination of attachments depending on what it is, so that there isn't anything ridiculous like the 44 magnum with a grenade launcher and scope, even though it would be cool it will have something like a shortened barrel, laser and flashlight.

What will the attachments be?
    Here is an estimate of which attachments will be available, some will be exclusive to a particular gun.
    Laser- one that can be turned on and off and one that can't
    Scopes/,reddot holographic, acog, sniper- All will do the same stat boost just different look depending on the gun, not toggleable
    Flashlight- Flashlight you can turn on and off, doesnt serve any purpose but looks cool, i will attach an example at the bottom.
    Famas Tactical rail- advanced handle for famas, does the same stat boost as scopes.
    Bayonettes- will work similar to the neo rifles
    Tactical Knives- Knives that can be held and used whilst holding certain pistols, not all
    Silencers- serve no purpose other than sweg
    Grips- stat boosts, arent toggleable
    Grenade Launcher/ Flamethrower/ possible underbarrel shotgun- m203 and gp30 launchers, other 2 self explanatory

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Like I said this isn't 100% set, I will work on this but I'm not guaranteeing it will work, in the end I may only be able to do it for certain guns and not all, either way if it's doable, I will do it, if there is a physical limitation then I won't be able to and I'll let you know. It will take time to have attachments implemented, if i get the OK I don't expect the start gun shop to have attachments for 1-2 months as I haven't started the GFX or GANIs.

Please don't get your hopes up, I just wanted to let everyone know what I planned on working on, however if this does go underway then I will stop skins being added as I'm unsure about what effect skins will have on attachments as it is 7 templates per gun for one set of attachments, and roughly 28 frames (112 positions including up down left right) per gun per attachment. Times that by 7 and then times it by the amount of skins the gun has and that's how much work I'll have to do for one gun, and that's assuming it's even possible since buying a skin activates some kind of script.

So yea, I'll leave you with two images, one of the attachments intended for the famas and of the flashlight attachment for an M9 I made as a test, just know doing this will not be easy and it'll be time consuming for me so at least have some sympathy if it isn't going as quickly as expected. I will keep everyone updated on this, if it turns out it's not going to happen i'll let you guys know so it isn't another, "announce something never speak of it again and it never happens" kind of thing

IMAGES

Last edited by BiTzSam; 02-27-2014 at 08:51 AM.

This sounds awesome, I hope it's allowed
    If you would like to contact me
    Send a pm to my inbox: here
    Have a wonderful day!

Credit goes to iBliss for the sig

I am currently inactive, please review my bio Click here

Big Cheese
    Sounds nice! If you will do that, I'm here to help you making some attachments.

Zephlyn
    WOW! Awesome!

These seem really awesome. Looking forward to it.

Thanks to iBliss for the Awesome Signature!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Grief Hero's Avatar
    Can't wait to see it finished!

I saw. I conquered. I came.

Sweet attachments
    Global Moderator Feb 21, 2014 - Oct 10, 2014 (8 months)
    iEra Player Relations April 10, 2014 - Oct 10, 2014 (6 months)
    iEra Communications Support Oct 10, 2014 - Feb 9, 2015 (4 months)
    Ol West Communications Admin Nov 15, 2014 - Resigned (9 months)
    iEra Communications Admin Feb 9, 2015 - April 10, 2016 (15 months)
    iEra Player Relations Admin April 10, 2016 - Current
    Retired from Toonslab Support
    Toonslab FAQ [email protected]

wait did u say other weapons will get a flame throwrr attachment?

Maybe for shotguns you could add different ammo types?

Also, make it so we can remove the silencers on the AP7's.

Looks nice, good ideas.