Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Complex Update - Player Input Requested!

ESSKEETIT Sottocapo JungleJimmy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyda View Post
    It would be great if the command „reset my spar stats“ get removed, because it only takes 3 seconds to end your spar stats for this one who has spent alot of time for it.
    This. there should be an option where you can disable the option the reset spar stats. You never know what people are gonna do nowadays. Kinda like a revoke access kind of thing? Where you send an email to enable/disable it?
    Youtube Channel: Jimmy Graal (RIP)

If you know me,
    And I don't know you,
    Then I guess I'm famous enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Junz View Post
    Spar Complex Update - In Early Development

Hey Everyone,

I've been quite busy with Plasma Corp the past couple of years, however, I wanted to split my focus and give some attention to the Spar Complex in 2021 and beyond.
    Prior to becoming staff, my main activity on Era was sparring, and in my opinion, it's a shame that Complex hasn't been giving much attention over the past few years.
    The details regarding this update will remain mostly private until it reaches completion, and I am currently in the very early stages of working on this so don't expect a release anytime soon.
    This update will be focused on Spar Complex, and it is very unlikely I will be updating/adjusting MPX as I simply do not have the availability for this.

I have quite a few things in mind, such as:
    • A new, 1920's mafia-themed look
    • New Rewards (old rewards will not be removed)
    • Completely re-working gang spar
    • New spar room types
    • and a lot more...

However, prior to progressing, I wanted to get some player input.

So, the question is simple:
    - What do you think would be a good addition to Complex, and spar in general?
    - What things do you want to remain the same?
    - If new unique rooms were added, how would you want them to work and how would they be unique? (e.g. Duo Spar, M4 only room)

Please note: No low-effort suggestions such as 'buff this' or 'nerf that' are desired, please keep this discussion civil and constructive, and do not insult anyone for their suggestions.

Thanks!
    maybe a melee when u reach 50k spar wins

Aside from rewards, the M4 Only spar would also be very interesting and good for a 1v1 series(if there’s space for the room). But I would also love to see a no-plasma weapon spar room. I understand it’s more of a biased opinion and ily junz no disrespect to plasma. But having this room would relief a lot of sparrers like me who believe some plasma guns are a bit unfair. With this you would be able to create even more stronger and amazing plasma guns without destructing the balance in the game.

Also if it’s possible , fixing up Focus On , for newer Ios devices.

To be able to switch guns in while being queued.

Been playing Graal since 2009 (classic) then came to Era. I never come to forums this is my first and last time i will probably be on here and im not writing this post for me but hopefully for the future players of graal as i am inactive and only log on to see old friends from time to time. I probably have like 4-5k hours total over this huge time frame of seeing the game evolve and seeing all the new generations of the game. I would say that Era should focus more on how it can Get,Keep,and Retain great talented players on its server. I truly believe you can add all the guns all the buffs/nerfs all the melles, and rewards you want but at the end of the day the only thing that keeps the game fun and alive is retaining great players, and having a well balanced game. The players and the community is the greatest asset of the game and when you look at the top players of the game who are either bored out of there mind or have quit and moved on you have to ask why are they all leaving in masses. The ones that stay really want to quit and semi do or go inactive i think the focus should cattier more to this issue than creating more rewards thats a short term solution for a long term problem. What do you reward the guy that has everything what do you reward the guy that has played for thousands of hours and achieved everything he wanted to do in spar? The leader board is ok but it wont be enough to retain a great player as there is no real benefit to being at the top of the leaderboard. In spar all the Leader board proves is that you played the game longer than the next guy there is no real indication of skill level on the leader board and the real sparers know this which is why they have no problem quitting or vacating there spar position on the board. When spar was more based on actual player skill level rather than spar ratio and wins with over powered weapons that was when spar was at its best in the days where you were looked down upon for using a bar in spar you were shammed for pulling out a PBP or bar to get a win. Now you cant step into a spar room without seeing a BAR, or GM4 or one of the plasma weapons. Why would the game shift from who has the most skill to who has the better weapon and can run to bottom the fastest? And then wounder why complex is becoming less interesting and why its becoming increasingly harder to retain great players, and the few that are left are hanging on by a strand of thread. The new players coming to complex to get into sparring have no choice but to buy a GM4 or a BAR when you think about it how else are they going to compete with the other Overpowered weapons? They cant compete against the old sparers that are left because of skill diff and they cant compete against the newer players due to Gun diff so how do they make up for the GAP buying the most over powered weapon they can get there hands on or they quit and find something else and the cycle continues and repeats itself. In order to retain players who have achieved there goals in the game there are very few things that can be done but if done correctly may retain the players. The first is actually having a great game and server that is balanced and has a future that someone would want to be apart of long term. What good sparer from complex would want to be apart of a community where BAR/GM4 spam is the norm where your life could be ended in 4 shots with bar and im only naming 2 of the problematic weapons. The m4 room is good but again its a short term solution for a problem complex has had for a while with these weapons. What if people dont like m4 or its not there preferred weapon of choice and they prefer tec9 or what if there more of a sten sparer ? what if they like using other weapons that aren't over powered but cant use them because its m4 only room and they prefer not to use them in the main rooms because those are the bar/gm4 rooms that have superior advantage and other OP guns. With all the gun buffs and influx of overpowered weapons there is very little to no skill left you could result to nerfing but now you run into the problem that so many people have spent there time and money obtaining these weapons and you would have a problem there within the community it turns into a double edged sword. You have to pick the decision that saves your number 1 asset the players which choice would create better longevity and retain your player base? The second way to improve complex and retain its players is to think what reward interest someone that has everything? I would say rewards that are unique to that individual and something that can stay on the game after there gone this is statues and no not the statues that are on the 3rd floor of complex that no one sees those are some of the top players in the game they should be displayed better for achieving what they did and the hours put into there craft on the 3rd floor of complex maybe 2 people a week go up there, maybe a Hall of Fame room, maybe they get to attach there own name to a weapon or spar room, maybe they get to help customize a melee that's named after them all these things im mentioning is unique things specific to the player that cant be replicated Im not saying that these are the things that have to be added but just giving examples of unique things that would spark someones interest to go for when they have achieved most of the rewards. When everyone can get the same reward its value is decreased and its less special to try to obtain it. The 3rd way to retain players most likely wouldn't work for a game like graal because its to small but its out of game benefits. Games that offer players benefits that go beyond the game itself do very well at keeping people interested in there game as they can compete in tournaments for real money on the line they can make twitch or youtube channels around the game and receive revenue because the game is so popular they can receive out of game sponsorships etc.... I know the 3rd one is a bit to much for graal but i did want to mention it. As a old player of this game im writing this like i said not for myself as i have moved on from the game due to the issues i mentioned in this novel i wrote but hopefully the things mentioned will be read and taken into consideration as i would like to see a game i used to love thrive and be successful and give future players a similar or better experience i once had.

Do more dual reward systems. Like needing a certain amount of kills and spar wins. Also maybe have a reward if you get a certain amount of wins and less than a certain amount of losses you get the "God of complex" hat or something above their head giving them recognition for being good.

Gang spar was pretty famous in the older times and a lot of gangs and players had fun participating.
    Just by adding rewards it will revive it and give gangs a purpose other than basing. I would also love to see a leader board (1st,2nd,3rd) place somewhere in the building to the top gangs.

If it’s successful I would also like to recommend a secret spar arena for gangs who have won a certain amount of spar wins similar to the reward of a hide out for a basing gang. There is a lot of good secret levels in era that could have an arena and maybe even a gun skin. Of course this would give also keir some extra work haha.

Gun Classifications

There are a lot of guns in era with their respective types such as Rifles, SMGs, Pistols, Snipers etc.
    It would be nice if you'd have something to show on what type of sparrer you are without having to tell people. an example would be the spar stat: Spar W-L 1000-800(Rifle)
    This way people would know what kind of sparrer you are and in a way, it feels nice to get a bit of recognition from it.

Since we are talking about Gun Classifications of course there would be the rewards. Class specific rewards would also be nice. like having a room with Sniper Rewards for having a certain amount of spar wins with snipers, same goes to other guns.

Having another spar stat on player profile would be too much in my opinion since there are other stats to look at, so it would be best if there were NPCs in complex that would show you how much wins you have on a certain Gun Class.

This would make more players try to aim for the rewards and would quench the demand for certain guns by players. I've observed this by asking people what kind of gun they wanted the new GC Shop to sell. I had a lot of various answers but the most common answer given was what type of gun they wanted. They always said they wanted Shotguns, Snipers and etc.
    Last edited by Serrad; 02-27-2021 at 08:45 AM.

There should be also a skin reward system for example an exclusive m4 skin for 10k m4 kills in spar (regular spar not m4 only room) and add at least two m4 only rooms to split the queue time (one room with hittimer and one without)

I have an idea about on how to balance spar. what if we make a room that only 5 hits because people abuse bar because of the damage and it only take 4 hits to win. so if we make a room that only guns with 5 hits to kill for example m4,gm4 and many more then its pretty balance and people will not complain about bar users anymore because we have our own room