Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Black History Month

I don't think staff needs to do anything for black history month. It's not a holiday and is solely based on race which should be left out of the game and would lead to to many problems. Holidays such as christmas,halloween,cinco de mayo,Easter etc..... may have been started in a certain country by a certain race but they are open to everyone no matter the race,creed,gender,age,religious beliefs,or any other area of discrimination.

idk what this is
    No please. We don't racial things involved.

Banned Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by Gino View Post
    Also about 80% of Era is under the age of 13.
    80% of the 20% that are old then 13
    Still act like their under the age of 10

Quote Originally Posted by Drdetroit View Post
    I don't think staff needs to do anything for black history month. It's not a holiday and is solely based on race which should be left out of the game and would lead to to many problems. Holidays such as christmas,halloween,cinco de mayo,Easter etc..... may have been started in a certain country by a certain race but they are open to everyone no matter the race,creed,gender,age,religious beliefs,or any other area of discrimination.
    I honeslty dont want to start a argument now but that was very ignorant. Just do some
    research
    Message me Any questions or Concerns
    Define*

Research on what? That I said it's not a holiday? It's not a holiday (Black History Month, also known as*African-American History Month*in America, is an annual observance in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom for remembrance of important people and events in the history of the*African diaspora. It is celebrated annually in the United States and Canada in February, and the United Kingdom*in October.) Or are you referring to what I said about it being based on race? If it's the race issue then we would have to be fair and do something for women's history month or confederate history month etc..... (many many more discriminatory observances then those). Again it's not a holiday and should stay out of the game because that would be a very slippery slope to allow one and not others weather you believe in there meanings or not.

Not here to start a argument... Just getting my point across but i honestly hope you research the other holidays as well such as cinco de mayo celebrating the mexican army. Not everyones army "Mexicans army".

- - - Updated - - -

Also i never said it was a holiday. Of course its not a holiday its an entire month. I never said celebrate the holiday. I never said put items on server for black history month. I want era to at least just recognize it and say something over broadcast message so people know era is in touch with black culture.
    Define*

idk what this is
    Research on what? That I said it's not a holiday? It's not a holiday (Black History Month, also known as*African-American History Month*in America, is an annual observance in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom for remembrance of important people and events in the history of the*African diaspora. It is celebrated annually in the United States and Canada in February, and the United Kingdom*in October.) Or are you referring to what I said about it being based on race? If it's the race issue then we would have to be fair and do something for women's history month or confederate history month etc..... (many many more discriminatory observances then those). Again it's not a holiday and should stay out of the game because that would be a very slippery slope to allow one and not others weather you believe in there meanings or not.
    This game isn't about races okay. Just remove these months.

From my understanding CDM is a celebration of a victory over the French army (that are historically looked at as invaders and occupying Mexico territory) by the under rated Mexican army. So please only comment on the subject the OP posted. Era shouldn't recognize anything based on race is my opinion.

From my understanding CDM is a celebration of a victory over the French army (that are historically looked at as invaders and occupying Mexico territory) by the under rated Mexican army. So please only comment on the subject the OP posted. Era shouldn't recognize anything based on race is my opinion.
    I agree with that as well if they dont recognize other races religious/ cultural holidays dont recognize any. Double standards.....
    Define*

To everyone who said I didn't know what I was talking about as far as where Black History Month is celebrated this guy said exact same thing as me.

And yes we know it's not a holiday. All define wants is for there to be a statement saying that black history month has started. I'm not trying to be rude or start a race war but most people don't understand the importance of black history month unless they're of African American descent. I'm mixed and I very much think that Black History Month deserves to at least be mentioned. We celebrate everything else and you people complaining about the idea act as if it will interfere with your gameplay some kind of way. Everything deserves equal attention. Thanks