Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Player Submission Rant

Zany
    Just gonna say that this post was completely uncalled for.

You may be allowed to say what you want but I'm sure all the people who's work you straight up insulted are not thrilled. There was a better way to say your point than, for example, "what the hell is that? There's no sort of outline for the white fur, god it looks ugly." Until you completely perfect your work, you don't really have a right to point out artist's imperfections, at least not unless you're trying to help them. You can think what you want, everyone else can agree with you, but I'm certain you'd be absolutely pissed if someone called out your not-best work, not in a way to help you get better, but just to let you know that your work didn't deserve the prize it got or that it was ugly.

There's a big difference between criticism to help others improve/making a post to talk about the judge's decisions versus flat out calling hats ugly and bad work.

Anyways... going to stop before someone responds calling me too sensitive or something like that.

Personally, I would think that more of the hats would fit more into the Christmas theme. Winter isn't really the same as Christmas, but they can be clumped together I suppose.
    Last edited by Zany; 01-01-2018 at 02:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zany View Post

You may be allowed to say what you want but I'm sure all the people who's work you straight up insulted are not thrilled. Also don't know what you want to get out of this either, do you want the artists to feel ashamed or something? There was a better way to say your point than, for example, "what the hell is that? There's no sort of outline for the white fur, god it looks ugly." Until you completely perfect your work, you don't really have a right to point out artist's imperfections, at least not unless you're trying to help them. You can think what you want, everyone else can agree with you, but I'm certain you'd be absolutely pissed if someone called out your not-best work, not in a way to help you get better, but just to let you know that your work didn't deserve the prize it got or that it was ugly.

There's a big difference between criticism to help others improve/making a post to talk about the judge's decisions versus flat out calling hats ugly and bad work.

Anyways... going to stop before someone responds calling me too sensitive or something like that.

Personally, I would think that more of the hats would fit more into the Christmas theme. Winter isn't really the same as Christmas, but they can be clumped together I suppose.
    Can I point out that Kendrick was angry when he wrote this and we should ignore this thread because it was mainly his hormones talking, not his normal, funny self? Yes? No? We're just gonna nod our heads at Zany because she made her comeback into a long essay? Okay...
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Zany
    Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    Can I point out that Kendrick was angry when he wrote this and we should ignore this thread because it was mainly his hormones talking, not his normal, funny self? Yes? No? We're just gonna nod our heads at Zany because she made her comeback into a long essay? Okay...
    ... I know I write a lot.
    ... No one has responded to it, but I don't expect people to "nod their heads" at me like a bunch of minions I'm manipulating. Nor would that be why I wrote a "long essay".

All I was doing was trying to point out that other people should be thought about before things are posted to the public.
    Don't know what the hell you thought I was trying to do.
    People in this game say crap without thinking way too often, and anytime someone says something about it, they're told they're "too sensitive". Which is partially why I said what I said.

I am friends with Kendrick and I love him as a friend. What I said wasn't supposed to be a crap-on-Ken-o-thon, but that also doesn't mean what he said was justified and it's because I'm his friend that I'm gonna call out that he shouldn't insult people so publicly.

Don't want to take the thread off track though.

You may be allowed to say what you want but I'm sure all the people who's work you straight up insulted are not thrilled. There was a better way to say your point than, for example, "what the hell is that? There's no sort of outline for the white fur, god it looks ugly." Until you completely perfect your work, you don't really have a right to point out artist's imperfections, at least not unless you're trying to help them. You can think what you want, everyone else can agree with you, but I'm certain you'd be absolutely pissed if someone called out your not-best work, not in a way to help you get better, but just to let you know that your work didn't deserve the prize it got or that it was ugly.

... I know I write a lot.
    ... No one has responded to it, but I don't expect people to "nod their heads" at me like a bunch of minions I'm manipulating. Nor would that be why I wrote a "long essay".

All I was doing was trying to point out that other people should be thought about before things are posted to the public.
    Don't know what the hell you thought I was trying to do.
    People in this game say crap without thinking way too often, and anytime someone says something about it, they're told they're "too sensitive". Which is partially why I said what I said.

I am friends with Kendrick and I love him as a friend. What I said wasn't supposed to be a crap-on-Ken-o-thon, but that also doesn't mean what he said was justified and it's because I'm his friend that I'm gonna call out that he shouldn't insult people so publicly.

Don't want to take the thread off track though.
    Yay hypocrisy!

Zany
    Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    Yay hypocrisy!
    Hypocrisy of what? I never said he was wrong for saying "what the hell". I pointed out that he called the hat ugly and it highlights a particular insult. "What the hell is that?" in his example is apart of him criticizing the hat. Did you even read my post though? I'm not trying to attack anyone here.

Once again... don't veer the thread off track. PM me if you want to question my post. I don't want to cause this to be closed.

Hypocrisy of what? I never said he was wrong for saying "what the hell". I pointed out that he called the hat ugly and it highlights a particular insult. "What the hell is that?" in his example is apart of him criticizing the hat. Did you even read my post though? I'm not trying to attack anyone here.

Once again... don't veer the thread off track. PM me if you want to question my post. I don't want to cause this to be closed.
    There's no need to edit your post every five seconds, Zany. Your point has been made out and clear.

But, as you said beforehand, let's go back on topic.

~~~

Era Newspaper Staff OmgItsFallen's Avatar
    Zany is right, this post is uncalled for.
    I can understand an opinion but when a so-called “opinion” uses hateful terms it’s no longer considered one.

Quote Originally Posted by OmgItsFallen View Post
    I can understand an opinion but when a so-called “opinion” uses hateful terms it’s no longer considered one.
    You're late :/

well you probably undermined the seniority and expertise of those who reviewed the hats , as well as demoralized the winners of the competition.

I don't know what this thread is trying to achieve, because I see it as a bashing-WreX thread in disguise of a rant. Any suggestions that you may have could've been expressed directly without pin-pointing at anyone in particular and commenting on all submissions to suggest that things have been poorly judged. Know that this competition is based subjectively and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Its fine you see things differently, but taking to demoralizing the winners is definitely in no way suitable on the forums.

This thread has no place here.
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

Quote Originally Posted by OmgItsFallen View Post
    Oooh here it is! Admins finally got a excuse to be on this thread.

Well guess what, its a constructice criticism, no matter what words it uses, it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    well you probably undermined the seniority and expertise of those who reviewed the hats , as well as demoralized the winners of the competition.

I don't know what this thread is trying to achieve, because I see it as a bashing-WreX thread in disguise of a rant. Any suggestions that you may have could've been expressed directly without pin-pointing at anyone in particular and commenting on all submissions to suggest that things have been poorly judged. Know that this competition is based subjectively and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Its fine you see things differently, but taking to demoralizing the winners is definitely in no way suitable on the forums.

This thread has no place here.
    This thread isnt bashing wrex, kendrick clearly wrote "If wrex reviewed, *censored*"

It is not a bash, its a unclear statement. Anyway, wrex's graphics are good, but they dont fit era.