Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: This Unfairness An Abuse Has Gone On Long Enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    How I love things being twisted.

Gay can be used in a derogatory manner, yet they censored that word as well? Dyke and Gay are commonly used words in the LGBT+ community so I see nothing wrong with it. But do, what you must to reach your goal.
    Yes it's all about the context in how it's being used and it seems fine to me in this example.

Banned
    How I love things being twisted.

Gay can be used in a derogatory manner, yet they censored that word as well? Dyke and Gay are commonly used words in the LGBT+ community so I see nothing wrong with it. But do, what you must to reach your goal.
    Exactly, However gay was not a word that was created initially for the express purpose of hate, while Dyke was and is still used in this manner. As I said because of the fact that the original meaning of the context is still negative, and because it is still used in a negative way it should not be allowed to be used in game. While I agree with freedom of expression there are many other substitutes to that word. Because keep in mind you can and WILL be jailed for using that word in any context (outside of you) which is another issue. You see nothing wrong with it but many people of the same community do see something wrong with it, therefore regardless of the context it should not be allowed.

Development Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Adelphos View Post
    Exactly, However gay was not a word that was created initially for the express purpose of hate, while Dyke was and is still used in this manner. As I said because of the fact that the original meaning of the context is still negative, and because it is still used in a negative way it should not be allowed to be used in game. While I agree with freedom of expression there are many other substitutes to that word. Because keep in mind you can and WILL be jailed for using that word in any context (outside of you) which is another issue. You see nothing wrong with it but many people of the same community do see something wrong with it, therefore regardless of the context it should not be allowed.
    Sorry me being LGBT+ beliefs "offends" people.
    Open spoiler to see Selena Gomez eating paper

Spoiler

Senior Player Relations tristanfosho's Avatar
    I personally think you are over reacting.

I will explain why I feel that way.

The term "Dyke" is often used as a derogatory word but in this situation it was not. It would be inappropriate though if you were to put in your status that you're pking dykes.

Same with the term emo. If someone wants to let everyone know they are emo that is fine imo.

I just feel you are grasping at straws.
    For any Jail, Gralat and E-mail related issues, you must submit a ticket to http://support.toonslab.com/ for help.

Accounts IGN: TristanFoSho/KarrenFoSho
     Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Adelphos View Post
    u look very mad about this word clam down idk what u thinking but it just a word
    Overlord In your Service

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazing Ace View Post
    Yes it's all about the context in how it's being used and it seems fine to me in this example.
    I am not sure if you are aware, but Dyke is a word that is still seen as derogatory even to the LGBT community. For example my aunt would slap me if she heard me say that word because it is a word that is seen as offensive, my aunt by the way is lesbian.

Also as I stated to Katsu this is not the main problem of the issue I have made and I do not want a 100 page argument over the use of the word and its context. While it depends on the context its safer not to use the word than to use it and cause problems, because do keep in mind like I said other have been jailed for having this word much in the same context.

Quote Originally Posted by overlord View Post
    u look very mad about this word clam down idk what u thinking but it just a word
    u clam down first ok?

Nous savons ce que nous sommes, mais savons pas ce que nous pouvons ĂȘtre.

William Shakespear

Banned
    Sorry me being LGBT+ beliefs "offends" people.
    That is not even the core issue or the problem, why are you acting as if its your sexuality that offends people? The word itself offends people, regardless or not if it offends you personally. That being said there are MANY people in the LGBT community that refrain from using this word because of its origination. And as I said your expression is not the problem, its the fact that only YOU can get away with using it while others CAN NOT. Also for the perhaps 3rd time now I would like to say that the the core issue is not on the use of the word DYKE but many many other things combined at once, if you could all just stop nitpicking at the first picture or sentence of my post I would much appreciate it because I am getting rather tired of having to re-explain and defend myself over and over.

No one even bothered to mention anything about any other piece of content I posted.

Let's all just GG each other and calm down ok? Cause tbh I don't know if anyone actually reading the essays u typing

Nous savons ce que nous sommes, mais savons pas ce que nous pouvons ĂȘtre.

William Shakespear

I feel like this could have been a private conversation between you and Tricky. Did you ask her to change her status with appropriate reasoning before taking to the thread? Probably not.
    Global Moderator Feb 21, 2014 - Oct 10, 2014 (8 months)
    iEra Player Relations April 10, 2014 - Oct 10, 2014 (6 months)
    iEra Communications Support Oct 10, 2014 - Feb 9, 2015 (4 months)
    Ol West Communications Admin Nov 15, 2014 - Resigned (9 months)
    iEra Communications Admin Feb 9, 2015 - April 10, 2016 (15 months)
    iEra Player Relations Admin April 10, 2016 - Current
    Retired from Toonslab Support
    Toonslab FAQ [email protected]