Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: Option to Turn Off the Swear Filter

Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    This is total nonsense. You are telling me that a law shouldn't be made a law because a few recalcitrant players refuse to abide by the rules. There's no point in me trying to convince you the reason behind the filter. You guys are just way too shortsighted and naive. Theres not a single point to the thread at all, the person who started it deserves to be jailed for what he did.

I don't care how trivial you guys make this sound, because you guys can never, in your naive thinking, see the fact that this community has been increasingly toxic and that there are cases of online cyberbullying and harassment taking place. You selfish individuals want to have this filter removed so that you can swear and get away with it, but you are essentially allowing the toxic players to become more toxic - just like the person who started this thread.

Go read up some books on online harassment/ cyberbullying will ya? So you will see how it's not as easy as you think to just on and off that filter and everything will be okay. And see what the expletives that you guys are trying to underestimate can actually do to someone - and I reiterate, there are children here who will definitely not be able to suck up whatever that's gonna be used.

Sent from my A37f using Tapatalk
    I should be jailed for starting this thread? Lol

1st. Stop ignoring my question and answer it. Why does PC Era and Graal Ol West have this option and both those servers work fine?

2nd. Harassment would STILL be illegal like I've mentioned so many times. There's also a thing called the block button. HARASSEMENT and CUSSING are not the same thing. For the last time.

Please stop posting on this thread until you answer my question and stop repeating the same thing over and over. Nobody said harassment would be legal, nobody should be jailed for starting a thread. Take a moment to read the original full post .

Thank You.
    Last edited by BEENDEAD; 11-12-2017 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BEENDEAD View Post
    I should be jailed for starting this thread? Lol

1st. Stop ignoring my question and answer it. Why does PC Era and Graal Ol West have this option and both those servers work fine?

2nd. Harassment would STILL be illegal like I've mentioned so many times. There's also a thing called the block button.

Please stop posting on this thread until you answer my question and stop saying nonsense. Nobody said harassment would be legal, nobody should be jailed for starting a thread. Take a moment to read the original full post.

Thank You.
    Well hey, you stated that its annoying to be jailed for cussing. I'll quote you "
    Well first of all it's annoying to get jailed for cussing. Cussing shouldn't be considered a "crime". Everyone should have freedom of speech on this game. I've been playing this game since 2011, so I'm obviously not a kid anymore, I'm grown and wish to say what I want and still enjoy the game." (post #1)

1. Ol West is a new server and I don't play it often but there's one thing I know and that is it has a small community, small player base and hence is less toxic. So there is no need to implement such regulations to moderate the environment. Era has easily 2k players at any one time, you cannot afford to do away with the regulation. You totally ignored the fact that both servers are different in terms of player base and community, and it would not have been valid to compare the two and use Ol west to justify swearing in Era.

2. Harassment is NOT LEGAL, that's why there's a report button for it.Having the filter makes harassment less likely to happen. You can block someone through PMs, but not public chat (again, you ignored that). You do see that you are shortsighted and you have failed to consider many things in your desparate desire to fight to get away with swearing, right?

Just play by the rules and stop being defiant. You should be jailed for cussing, and it would be good if you could be in there longer. Era needs fewer of such players who refuses to abide by the rules and yet argue that the rules should not be the rules because they want to have it their way.
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

Well hey, you stated that its annoying to be jailed for cussing. I'll quote you "
    Well first of all it's annoying to get jailed for cussing. Cussing shouldn't be considered a "crime". Everyone should have freedom of speech on this game. I've been playing this game since 2011, so I'm obviously not a kid anymore, I'm grown and wish to say what I want and still enjoy the game." (post #1)

1. Ol West is a new server and I don't play it often but there's one thing I know and that is it has a small community, small player base and hence is less toxic. So there is no need to implement such regulations to moderate the environment. Era has easily 2k players at any one time, you cannot afford to do away with the regulation. You totally ignored the fact that both servers are different in terms of player base and community, and it would not have been valid to compare the two and use Ol west to justify swearing in Era.

2. Harassment is NOT LEGAL, that's why there's a report button for it.Having the filter makes harassment less likely to happen. You can block someone through PMs, but not public chat (again, you ignored that). You do see that you are shortsighted and you have failed to consider many things in your desparate desire to fight to get away with swearing, right?

Just play by the rules and stop being defiant. You should be jailed for cussing, and it would be good if you could be in there longer. Era needs fewer of such players who refuses to abide by the rules and yet argue that the rules should not be the rules because they want to have it their way.
    When you block a player you don't see what they say via headchat. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by BEENDEAD View Post
    When you block a player you don't see what they say via headchat.
    But you probably won't know that there are other ways one can harass another, such as group harassment, trash talking about them on their statuses or furniture notes etc. If a player had provided his or her discord or kik account in status, then it'll probably be much worse.

A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

But you probably won't know that there are other ways one can harass another, such as group harassment, trash talking about them on their statuses or furniture notes etc. If a player had provided his or her discord or kik account in status, then it'll probably be much worse.

Keep house open to friends only, block the person on any social media. lol.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BEENDEAD stop trying to argue with lyk lol.
    This guy takes things wayyyy too serious.
    What happens on Graal should not affect you that much unless you have no life.

- - - Updated - - -

Just block them all dude problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    BEENDEAD stop trying to argue with lyk lol.
    This guy takes things wayyyy too serious.
    What happens on Graal should not affect you that much unless you have no life.

- - - Updated - - -

Just block them all dude problem solved.
    The player would block the other if he felt threatened meaning the damage was already done blocking just prevents future harassments from that specific person, as for the filter it prevents the such things before it even reaches the player.
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpw...0H1UeXH37nBBCA

Man you are just full of cr@p we just want you to answer a simple question why are you against the swear filter option & can you give a REAL life example where having it led to something harmful.
    We don't care what you did when you were in 7th grade talk about a total windbag.
    Other games do it do see people commiting suicide because people can turn the swear filter on & off?
    Christ if you hate people swearing turn it on.
    If you respect everyone them why do insist on controlling everyone?
    Honestly id be caling you names too, but i dont stoop the the level of a troll.I ask you the same question, do you see people commiting suicide if they cant turn the swear filter off? your so childish it bores me, your lucky i was off a couple of days, if you want to swear join a game you can, honestly wasting your time here is pointless just as your goads to call me names XD

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed, its just a simple suggestion.
    Unfortunately, those who oppose the idea loves to make stuff up, bring up unrelated situations & exaggerate the seriousness of situation.
    Says the one talkng about players committing suicide...

- - - Updated - - -

Ill say it again, though im positive few listen,but ill keep my posts shorter. You guys always go to the turn it off or on,No matter what its used to back up any loose end.That sure is thinking outside the box.
    GangPromotion: Thatell Happen 2k (Ima sell out now ) #FreeEcComback

Quote Originally Posted by MasonForEc View Post
    I ask you the same question, do you see people commiting suicide if they cant turn the swear filter off?
    No, people will not which is why we should add it because it not that big of a deal.
    your so childish it bores me, your lucky i was off a couple of days, if you want to swear join a game you can, honestly wasting your time here is pointless just as your goads to call me names XD
    I'm not wasting my time calling you names.
    Calling a person childish is the same as name calling.

Honesty, you're probably the dumbest person on this thread who lets his personal animosity cloud your own judgement so much so that you can't see your own reflection.

Says the one talkng about players committing suicide...

This just proves my point.
    Ill say it again, though im positive few listen,but ill keep my posts shorter. You guys always go to the turn it off or on,No matter what its used to back up any loose end.That sure is thinking outside the box.
    Again another sly dig attacking our intelligence.

We keep going to the point because there is no good reason not to have it.

What loose ends are you talking about?

Again can you give a REAL LIFE example of being able to turn the swear filter on/ off led to something bad?
    & not another one of your made up exaggerated claims or comparing it to unrelated things.
    If you can't answer there question then just shut up

How about a compromise between the two parties?

If a person types in a swear word, part of it is filtered

Example:

Crap > cr*p

That way, both children and adults are happy.