View Poll Results: What do you think should be done?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Old Censor filter

11 39.29%
  • Remove it entirely

16 57.14%
  • Other (Post)

3 10.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Swear Filter

[QUOTE=Adrian321;492927]
    Quote Originally Posted by GrahfixCloud View Post
    The thing is, Ol West did that and the one time I did play was a very negative experience. I was even getting bullied by a developer, like wtf? I think there would be consequinces created by doing that.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

¨¨The same happened to me¨¨, but here( Graal era)

It's something similar, bad experiences
    Really? What happened? I was afk and a developer gave me a warning for sexual harrassment, then continued to harrass me.

[QUOTE=GrahfixCloud;492940]
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian321 View Post
    Really? What happened? I was afk and a developer gave me a warning for sexual harrassment, then continued to harrass me.

And so if the optional swear filter never existed, the developer would've never done that in the first place?

"The world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people" -Mother Teresa
     Spoiler
    "Apple seeds average around 0.6mg hydrogen cyanide (HCN) per gram of dry seed. Since the lethal dose of HCN is estimated to be around 50mg, you will need around 85 grams of dry seeds. This is around half a cup... it requires a lot of apples."

Quote Originally Posted by BlackandWhite View Post

And so if the optional swear filter never existed, the developer would've never done that in the first place?
    TO ME, it showed that Ol West development is incompetent, therforth, if they make decisions we are hesitant to make, they are most likely bad decisions.

Edit: what's up with the wierd quotey thing.

Development Team
    if u can

Another one
    Open spoiler to see Selena Gomez eating paper

Spoiler

Leveler
    Hey, I'd like to know if www.era-go.com and era-go.com could also be unfiltered just like was done with the other words. This way people such as myself can put in something like "Visit era-go.com today!" without putting a different character in place of the period therefore limiting any possible confusion that may arise from it.
    Feel free to ask any question!

iZone Levels Admin

what do you guys mean? you don't like typing a full sentence, seeing it got picked up by the filter and then playing the minigame of finding what swear you evaded in your sentence on accident, then trying to crop it out and reword your sentence until that one gets picked up too and you realize in the first sentence, you changed the wrong word?

also, minigame was banned until like 2 months ago, which is hilarious

- - - Updated - - -

anyway you can't remove the filter outright

game's on the app store with a 13+ rating and that allows it to be placed in recommendations for other games with that rating -- switching filter would move it to 17+ and that'd cut the exposure more than i think anyone here understands

they just need to be more vigilant with evasions -- don't ban a player for it, just put it in a chat log and when someone gets hit 3 times, alert a PR to whitelist them or blacklist them based on if they were intentionally evading

- - - Updated - - -

last update: i will say classic has a 13+ rating with a much more lenient filter; you could probably use their filter and then enable a setting to restrict swear filter by default and turn it off in the options for players with over 100 hours or something
    Founding member of the Divine Family.
    Former Era Legacy Weapons Admin, Senior Player Relations, Gang Admin, Development Admin & Manager (for 8 hours!).