Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: help me pls. (highschool update)

help me pls. (highschool update)

hello all!
    as you all know, i recently started highschool and its great.
    jk i get picked on and im being peer pressured on a lot of different levels.
    Yes, I do have a bf irl now (i understand why so many people look at online dating like wtf??? now lol) but, how do I say no if he ever does pressure me into doing something i dont want to do.
    ive been offered drugs like three times btw lol (i said no to all of that )
    but when it comes to sexual peer pressure, i just dont like to dissapoint people or have them be like "aw man >" you know? so i tend to say yes to a lot of things. I have so much respect for myself but not enough to say no. idk what to do i just dont know.
    please give advice on how i can overcome my fear of dissapointing others bc that would make me feel better.
    -Jupiter

Street Boss
    Idk. I'm not a role model.

I've told you on kik. Boyfriends/ Girlfriends are a waste of time in high school and they don't last. Not saying it's bad to have fun, saying you should focus to have a future.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick View Post
    I've told you on kik. Boyfriends/ Girlfriends are a waste of time in high school and they don't last. Not saying it's bad to have fun, saying you should focus to have a future.
    Agreed with Kendrick, it just makes your high school experience a little more stressful. Also saying its ok to say no. Maybe start practicing saying no to small things then after a while it will get more normal to say no to sexual things.

Just stick up for yourself and don't care about disappointing people. Don't give a single crap about what other people think. Because if you do, in high school, it will eat you alive. If he tries to pressure you into something you don't want to do, he's a horrible boyfriend. If you said you weren't comfortable, a GOOD boyfriend would be okay with it. I really don't think you should date someone who doesn't care if you are okay, and comfortable with doing things you don't want to do. Please please please don't do anything you will regret. You mentioned you said no to drugs several times, well just do the same for other pressures. Think of sexual peer pressure like drug peer pressure. Think of it as it being poison, and bad for your body, just like the drugs you refused...so you won't want to do it.
    All I can say is that, I felt horrible after I refused pressure from my boyfriend. But then I thought after, well if he was a good boyfriend, he would wait until I'm ready. And like Kendrick mentioned, you really shouldn't even be dating in high school anyways. ESPECIALLY if you haven't learned that it's ok to disappoint people yet. And boys your age are only looking for one thing anyways. Dating a bunch of times in high school for me was a waste of time. Not to mention, if you do get pressured and say yes, there are always risks of STD's and pregnancy. Yes, there are condoms, but they break. And guys your age probably wouldn't even think to be careful because they wouldn't know that.

I don't really know how I did it. But I changed my attitude and lived my life for ME. I did what I wanted to do for me and me alone. If you can, make friends with people who have the same likes and goals as you. I had some pretty bad friends in the beginning of high school who all eventually dropped out, but I left them because they tried pressuring me into things I didn't want to do. So I found new friends and my last year of high school was by far the best year of my life.
    If you are dating or friends with people who make you feel pressured, please take yourself away from these people. And if anything, If you can, see a school counsellor. They can help you sort through different situations. My first year of high school sucked, but it for sure got better over time. And just think, you will only be with these people until grade 12, and then you graduate, and won't ever have to see them again!
    Good luck with the future, and always feel like disappointing YOURSELF is way worse than disappointing others.

Street Boss Lieutenant Josh Graal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarluver View Post
    Just stick up for yourself and don't care about disappointing people. Don't give a single crap about what other people think. Because if you do, in high school, it will eat you alive. If he tries to pressure you into something you don't want to do, he's a horrible boyfriend. If you said you weren't comfortable, a GOOD boyfriend would be okay with it. I really don't think you should date someone who doesn't care if you are okay, and comfortable with doing things you don't want to do. Please please please don't do anything you will regret. You mentioned you said no to drugs several times, well just do the same for other pressures. Think of sexual peer pressure like drug peer pressure. Think of it as it being poison, and bad for your body, just like the drugs you refused...so you won't want to do it.
    All I can say is that, I felt horrible after I refused pressure from my boyfriend. But then I thought after, well if he was a good boyfriend, he would wait until I'm ready. And like Kendrick mentioned, you really shouldn't even be dating in high school anyways. ESPECIALLY if you haven't learned that it's ok to disappoint people yet. And boys your age are only looking for one thing anyways. Dating a bunch of times in high school for me was a waste of time. Not to mention, if you do get pressured and say yes, there are always risks of STD's and pregnancy. Yes, there are condoms, but they break. And guys your age probably wouldn't even think to be careful because they wouldn't know that.

I don't really know how I did it. But I changed my attitude and lived my life for ME. I did what I wanted to do for me and me alone. If you can, make friends with people who have the same likes and goals as you. I had some pretty bad friends in the beginning of high school who all eventually dropped out, but I left them because they tried pressuring me into things I didn't want to do. So I found new friends and my last year of high school was by far the best year of my life.
    If you are dating or friends with people who make you feel pressured, please take yourself away from these people. And if anything, If you can, see a school counsellor. They can help you sort through different situations. My first year of high school sucked, but it for sure got better over time. And just think, you will only be with these people until grade 12, and then you graduate, and won't ever have to see them again!
    Good luck with the future, and always feel like disappointing YOURSELF is way worse than disappointing others.
    Couldn't have said it any better.
    If you're looking for a playerworlds server to learn development on join: https://discord.gg/t62fnhn, no application needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Graal View Post
    Couldn't have said it any better.
    Agreed.

Never looked for a relationship this young except for a friend to go with me to homecoming.
    iEra GFX Team
    Will be working.
    Pixel art stream!

idk what this is
    Sometimes it's best to be a loner. It's better than being isolated and becoming psychologically insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa Illusions View Post
    Sometimes it's best to be a loner. It's better than being isolated and becoming psychologically insane.
    Isn't being alone and being isolated the same thing?
    iEra GFX Team
    Will be working.
    Pixel art stream!

Development Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa Illusions View Post
    Introvert would be the better word to describe, loner. But not everyone comes with the ability to be alone, some people just can't stand it. It's a natural ability.
    Open spoiler to see Selena Gomez eating paper

Spoiler