Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: This is an opinion.

This is an opinion.

So, I am sure this has already been brought up multiple times, and evidently shot down, but in my opinion the nerf on the BAR was a little too intense. I'd just like to talk a little about why maybe it wasn't such a great edit to the game. I own both the BAR and the GM4. Both made for different purposes, but both can be used for either.
    See, the BAR is one of two readily available-to-buy weapons that costs a wallet-smacking 200k. It was made to be an astounding and powerful weapon. With the current nerf, it feels more like a marksman rifle rather than a high-caliber punchpacker that the BAR is meant to be. 10 damage is supposedly "high" and justified the massive nerf, but if you think about it, we have M107s and DSRs packing 12 and 14 damage. The M107, even with the freeze, is sometimes a lot more viable than the BAR. Unless you're firing in the direction that you're moving with the BAR, the DPS that you put out is nowhere near what it should be for the price it is. Take the M4A3. That thing is half the price of the BAR, but taking into account the spar requirement, lets say it was 200k. The pistol and the ability to switch hands alone should have been the reward for 22.5k wins. But nope. High firerate. Low freeze. The darn thing ignores hit timer and combined with the firerate renders your hit timer-obeying BAR pretty much useless when exchanging hits. Even the vector, a spar gun, costing 40k and 15k spar wins outplays the BAR in PK.
    Now, I'm not saying revert the BAR to old stats. I feel like it was fine the way it was, but since that won't happen, I suggest maybe an increase in either damage or firerate. A higher firerate would allow for the BAR to once again be able to fight like a 200k weapon should without being limited to a slow firerate in a situation where you miss about 75% of your shots anyway.
    So yeah that's just my two cents. Let me know what you guys think about it.

Ask me anything you would like to know about weapons, spar, PK, etc. I'll answer you to the best of my ability.

Wait.... R u saying to decrease to freeze or increase the firerate lol
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    Wait.... R u saying to decrease to freeze or increase the firerate lol
    Either/or.

Ask me anything you would like to know about weapons, spar, PK, etc. I'll answer you to the best of my ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow7980 View Post
    Either/or.
    Yeah, BiTzSam said the changes were final srry m8 :c

It makes sense that Vector, m4a3 and the other reward guns are „cheap“ but offer good stats since the difference between buying a BAR and for example a M4a3 is that you (for this example) need to achieve 22.5k spar wins meanwhile any player can buy a BAR without needing to get any spar wins/pks whatsoever
    Hai C:

Since the BAR was nerfed I believe the price of it should be nerfed as well. Same goes for every weapon that is nerfed. Also, the players who purchased the weapon before it's nerfing should be refunded the amount between the original price and the post-nerf price since they're no longer getting the weapon performance that they were promised.

Quote Originally Posted by iEvoGraalEra View Post
    Since the BAR was nerfed I believe the price of it should be nerfed as well. Same goes for every weapon that is nerfed. Also, the players who purchased the weapon before it's nerfing should be refunded the amount between the original price and the post-nerf price since they're no longer getting the weapon performance that they were promised.
    BiTzSam also ruled out that idea

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    BiTzSam also ruled out that idea
    Dang, oh well.

U only need 5 shots in spar tho. It's still op. It would be nice to decrease the freeze

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!

Most people who justify the nerfs are those who are not in possession of the gun themselves